Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Anyone get the additional $50 through the Demand Response Rebate from PG&E?

As mentioned in several Ohm Connect blog posts (like this one: https://www.ohmconnect.com/blog-post/smart-thermostats-101-all-you-need-to-know-to-upgrade-save-on-your-energy-bill) and promotional emails that I've received, there is an opportunity to get a $100 rebate from PG&E for buying a new smart thermostat. $50 comes in the form of an energy efficiency rebate and $50 is in the form of the demand response rebate.

I was able to apply for the rebate after purchasing a Nest thermostat and linking it to my Ohm Connect account. However, I only received a $50 check from PG&E and there was no mention of the other $50. I contacted the PG&E email address associated with their demand response program, but have not heard back.

Has anyone successfully received the full $100 rebate from PG&E? Can anyone provide any more info as to what I may be missing? Thanks.

Best Answers

• VenMVenM Posts: 5Member
    Accepted Answer

Hi all, just wanted to post a quick update. I called PG&E last Wednesday and their representative knew nothing about the additional ADR rebate. However, they gave me the phone number for the ADR department. I didn't have a chance to call that day. Two days later, I got an email from PG&E saying my ADR rebate was finalized and I would be receiving it soon (I hadn't had a chance to call them yet). On Friday, I received my additional $50 in the mail. It was over 3 months after my initial rebate application was submitted, but I can now confirm that I received both $50 rebates for a total of $100.

I don't think my phone number to PG&E had anything to do with receiving the rebate, since I never gave that support person my account number. But it was a heck of a coincidence that I got my rebate days after calling them after waiting months with no word (and several unanswered emails).

Answers