What are the chances?

Im sorry but i just looked at all the winners and saw β€œshayanβ€”-β€œ twice as a winner. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

Comments

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoMember, Moderator Posts: 1,625

@Poemcrazy1 said:
    Im sorry but i just looked at all the winners and saw β€œshayanβ€”-β€œ twice as a winner. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

The odds can be calculated but we'd need to know how many weekly draws there were, how many qualified for each weekly draw and how many prizes were drawn each week.

• jserramcjserramc Member Posts: 351

too bad they didn't just take the 100K and split it equally between all who qualified!

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoMember, Moderator Posts: 1,625

@jserramc said:
    too bad they didn't just take the 100K and split it equally between all who qualified!

9000 people qualified. Personally, I'd rather the chance of 100K than getting a certain $11.

this was probably a learning curve for all involved. Seems people voted on rather than one person getting 5K, split it up to 10 getting 500. Especially for those like myself who only qualified 3 times. But maybe we'll see another promo...

• Qwantom MekanicQwantom Mekanic Member Posts: 30

I'd rather have my $3 or $4 per Ohm hour than 0.17% chance at winning a gift card. These prize ohm hours are dumb. If anything they should be weighted so that users who save more have a better chance than those who just save the minimum to qualify for the reward. If one person saves 0.25kwh and qualifies but I save 1.25kwh I should have a better chance at winning the prize. Like I said, just give money for beating ohm hours not a chance to win a prize. I work hard to cut back on energy use, I'd like to have the little reward that comes with it.

• CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAMember Posts: 243
    > @Qwantom Mekanic said:
    > If anything they should be weighted so that users who save more have a better chance than those who just save the minimum to qualify for the reward. If one person saves 0.25kwh and qualifies but I save 1.25kwh I should have a better chance at winning the prize. Like I said, just give money for beating ohm hours not a chance to win a prize. I work hard to cut back on energy use, I'd like to have the little reward that comes with it.

@Qwantom Mekanic I agree that your idea would be a better incentive for all energy savers since the people who save more energy are contributing more towards the prize.

I bet OhmConnect will say that this is too complicated to do.

or at least give us an extra entry when we get another OH that is the prize but not the points, like I have tonite....