Why can you only withdraw once a month?

cwiedcwied San MateoMember Posts: 141

Today when I tried to withdraw my earnings, I ran into the message that withdrawals are now limited to once a month. @Anh, OhmConnect, can you comment on the rationale for this? It seems like it would probably push some of the higher earners into having to have every withdrawal manually reviewed.

Comments

• XdatineliaXdatinelia Member Posts: 47

This change Isn't unexpected, but sucks with no warning.

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoMember, Moderator Posts: 1,625
  • MandTWallingMandTWalling Martinez, CAMember Posts: 15
    edited September 2018

As annoying as this might be, I can't imagine users cashing out more than once a month anyway this fall and winter. I have a Platinum status, a 75 OhmHour streak, and I'm saving near 100% during each event, and I still earned less $5 in my past two OhmHours. At this rate, it would take me more or less than 30 days to reach 1000 points.

• shawn-kleinsmithshawn-kleinsmith Member Posts: 23

Annoying but now they make interest for one month on the $ so understandable for a free program.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2018

@cwohmcon there is a fee every time users cash out - both paypal and gift cards. we had to make a decision to limit the transactions because it would suck even more if we have to start charging users for the fees.

@UkiwiS That isn't our FAQ, that is a wiki. When i had started, we haven't been updating our wiki because FAQ is a page that presented on our help page which is actively updated. I would discourage using the wiki for how-to's. Wiki is good for our promotions like mega summer.

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoMember, Moderator Posts: 1,625

@Anh, OhmConnect said:
    @cwohmcon there is a fee every time users cash out - both paypal and gift cards. we had to make a decision to limit the transactions because it would suck even more if we have to start charging users for the fees.

@UkiwiS That isn't our FAQ, that is a wiki. When i had started, we haven't been updating our wiki because FAQ is a page that presented on our help page which is actively updated. I would discourage using the wiki for how-to's. Wiki is good for our promotions like mega summer.

That makes perfect sense Anh, but it would be nice for it to be communicated. As for the WIKI vs FAQ...sorry about that. I simply did a search and found it so things are still out of sync with conflicting info. Shouldn't the WIKI and the FAQ match? When they don't it makes it difficult to know what's really going on, no?

• @UkiwiS very true and I completely agree! I'll definitely discuss this with Sam (the new customer success manager) about the wiki vs the FAQ because I definitely would like users to be informed and not confused like they already are.

@cwohmcon I was just informed that the cash-out once a month was turned off and we will be turning it back on next week once we have sent users a courtesy notice. Sorry about that!
  • Selman1216Selman1216 Member Posts: 5
    Yeah not being told about changes is not good ..... We should have the choice either pay the small fee or wait to cash out free it's our money if we want it it should be our choice this is not a good direction for OHMCONNECT you will be deterring users instead of gaining them I'm platinum and have been a loyal user for years and have loves the program and reffered countless people but I'm even having my doubts if it's now worth it this is a bad move figure out a different way to make it work for everyone this is gonna be bad for you guys too
  • XdatineliaXdatinelia Member Posts: 47
    One question: will the new month cash out reset the date? I'd like my date to be around the 14 or 15, (like my first cash out on Oct 14) right now it's the 23rd cause I cashed out Sept 23..
  • Selman1216Selman1216 Member Posts: 5
    > @Anh, OhmConnect said:
    > @UkiwiS very true and I completely agree! I'll definitely discuss this with Sam (the new customer success manager) about the wiki vs the FAQ because I definitely would like users to be informed and not confused like they already are.
    >
    > @cwohmcon I was just informed that the cash-out once a month was turned off and we will be turning it back on next week once we have sent users a courtesy notice. Sorry about that!

Anh it is not turned off please look into this!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2018

@Selman1216 I had just confirmed with our product team this morning that they turned it back on this morning instead of next week. Sorry about that confusion!

• dthatcher7dthatcher7 Member Posts: 27

You should allow us to have you auto-deposit our points total into PayPal once a month, then, so the convenience offsets the downside.

• Mary_Sean_KorkosMary_Sean_Korkos Lancaster Ca 93536Member Posts: 46

@Ahn, OhmConnect,
    The biggest question is.... all the emails from #OhmConect team... WHY NOT tell your users of changes first, like 30 day notice...whats to come..even adding it on our #OhmConnect homepage like the notice that when you" connect your newly purchased smart plug, you will see your rebate reflected in your points total." The following is what I have asked of support, just moments ago...

Again, the powers that be are working ASS backwards. You continually implement a change, then get called on it by #OC members, then put a small article in the blog, that says changes comming this month. Yet it ia actually WELL after the change was made and put into effect. We have a stake in this business being successful too. Why are you adding a widget notice on a cash out request after the 1 cashout has been made. This change should be on a pop up at the cash out options widget. Stating... ___Cash outs using paypal or gift cards are being restricted to 1 each 30 day period. This will be your 1 cash out until ( such n such date) are you sure you want to cash out now?

We understand that things change, but prior notice is the foremost accepted option for change. The leap then look format being used currently is now and will continue to PISS OFF MEMBERS. Do it now tell me later is BAD BAD business.....I would like to cash out. And the" you need to fix this" pop up PISSES ME OFF. I do not need to fix anything, what I need is....
    Is to ....Be informed ... and given the option to pay the 25c fee if I would like the additional cash out. You are making changes that directly effect the way our family choses to use our #OC earnings. We put the cash out from pay pal, onto our Netspend prepaid card. Kids call it our Free Fun Money Card. They choose what happens from there. Once a week reward days are why we cash out so often. I would be willing to change that to every 2 weeks, ( reducing payout by 25c to cover the fee) since payouts are smaller and #OhmConnect, #OhmHour frequency is slowing. But once a MONTH does not work for this loyal, energy reducing, #OhmConnect praising family w/ 4 kids. Compromise is key to many a resolution. Are you willing to compromise?<<<
    I love #OhmConnect , yet...
    I have issue with the decision making process, and how it effects members.... and so should you!!

@Ahn, OhmConnect
    Again, the powers that be are working ASS backwards. You continually implement a change, then get called on it by #OC members, then put a small article in the blog, that says changes comming this month. Yet it ia actually WELL after the change was made and put into effect. We have a stake in this business being successful too. Why are you adding a widget notice on a cash out request after the 1 cashout has been made. This change should be on a pop up at the cash out options widget. Stating... _Cash outs using paypal or gift cards are being restricted to 1 each 30 day period. This will be your 1 cash out until ( such n such date) are you sure you want to cash out now? We understand that things change, but prior notice is the foremost accepted option for change. The leap then look format being used currently is now and will continue to PISS OFF MEMBERS. Do it now tell me later is BAD BAD business.....I would like to cash out. And the" you need to fix this" pop up PISSES ME OFF. I do not need to fix anything, what I need is..Is to ....Be informed ... and given the option to pay the 25c fee if I would like the additional cash out. You are making changes that directly effect the way our family choses to use our #OC earnings. We put the cash out from pay pal, onto our Netspend prepaid card. Kids call it our Free Fun Money Card. They choose what happens from there. Once a week reward days are why we cash out so often. I would be willing to change that to every 2 weeks, ( reducing payout by 25c to cover the fee) since payouts are smaller and #OhmConnect, #OhmHour frequency is slowing. But once a MONTH does not work for this loyal, energy reducing, #OhmConnect praising family w/ 4 kids. Compromise is key to many a resolution. Are you willing to compromise?_

Btw:
    No compromise, not even considered.
    Nope , not an option.
    Suck it up buttercup.