Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

KASA TP-LINK Smart Plugs on sale at Amazon for $17.99

Steve ESteve E Posts: 303Member, Moderator

I have several of these and they work great for me. This is a really good price for them.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0178IC734/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Answers

• missingyapok-yahoomissingyapok-yahoo Posts: 17Member

Mine does not work unless you program it through KASA

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 554Member

@missingyapok-yahoo said:
    Mine does not work unless you program it through KASA

Have you checked to make sure you have toggled on the remote control feature under device settings (gear icon) in Kasa.

Yes I read about it and tried everything I could. The remote control is active and I can toggle it on and off from the ohm connect site. It worked when I got it in June a few times but not since then. I have contacted ohm connect several times and they know that it doesn't work and don't seem to be doing anything about it.

Yes I read about it and tried everything I could. The remote control is active and I can toggle it on and off from the ohm connect site. It worked when I got it in June a few times but not since then. I have contacted ohm connect several times and they know that it doesn't work and don't seem to be doing anything about it.

So, it does work outside of programming through Kasa. OC's inability/unwillingness to fix the multitude of broken stuff is an entirely different issue. If it toggles via the OC site, that is a pretty good indicator that the smartplug is working properly. TP-Link can't force OC to do it correctly.

@John K said:

So, it does work outside of programming through Kasa. OC's inability/unwillingness to fix the multitude of broken stuff is an entirely different issue. If it toggles via the OC site, that is a pretty good indicator that the smartplug is working properly. TP-Link can't force OC to do it correctly.

When I say that it doesn't work I mean that it doesn't toggle automatically for ohm hours as it should unless you program each ohm hour in kasa manually. I agree that the problem is with ohm connect.

• Steve ESteve E Posts: 303Member, Moderator

@John K said:

When I say that it doesn't work I mean that it doesn't toggle automatically for ohm hours as it should unless you program each ohm hour in kasa manually. I agree that the problem is with ohm connect.

I think issues can arise sometimes from scheduling conflicts if you program your devices through the KASA app. Are you getting notifications from OhmConnect about 15 mins into an #OhmHour indicating that they couldn't turn off a device?

A text message should read something like this

Heads up! We failed to turn off the following devices in this #OhmHour: Wi-Fi Extender. We've given you a 100 point bonus - this one's on us. Manually power down to earn points!

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,421Member, Moderator

@missingyapok-yahoo

Take a look a this thread and toggle your time zone settings.
    https://forum.ohmconnect.com/discussion/comment/11936#Comment_11936

• stormysbstormysb Posts: 44Member
    edited October 5

Very cool on Amazon sale. I love these things. I would have everything I have plugged into an outlet on these if I could. I need about 5 more I think. This is a great price, Thank you for the heads up! ;)

Quick question. Do you guys get the protection plan for these? If so which one? I see they added a second option.
    SquareTrade 3-Year Home Improvement Extended Protection Plan ($0-49.99) for $2.45
    OR
    3-Year Protection for $2.40

• Steve ESteve E Posts: 303Member, Moderator

@stormysb said:
    Very cool on Amazon sale. I love these things. I would have everything I have plugged into an outlet on these if I could. I need about 5 more I think. This is a great price, Thank you for the heads up! ;)

Quick question. Do you guys get the protection plan for these? If so which one? I see they added a second option.
    SquareTrade 3-Year Home Improvement Extended Protection Plan ($0-49.99) for $2.45
    OR
    3-Year Protection for $2.40

I personally have never got the protection plan, some people prefer the insurance of having it, some people don't believe in them. I'd say go with whatever you feel most comfortable with

edited October 7

@stormysb said:
    Do you guys get the protection plan for these? If so which one? I see they added a second option.

Obviously, this is a personal thing, but I view insurance as something useful for events that could would cause significant financial pain. An $18 device wouldn't qualify for me.