Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Gaining Tokens

orionorion Posts: 1Member

I was curious does anyone have suggestions on how I might be able to acquire more tokens? I'm hoping to acquire approx. 1,600 tokens, allowing me the ability to Opt-out of the last Ohm hour; of which I was unaware, and missed my projection losing 7 points. I don't know if there are ways to gain tokens that I am missing, but I could use them now. Thanks a lot.

Answers

• @orion I wouldn't suggesting buying an opt-out card for something so little like -7 points. The opt-out card only forgives the negative points and it doesn't restore your streak. Opting-out never saves your streak. I highly suggest that you save those tokens for an event that is more costly like -100 or more points.

If you want to earn tokens fast, I suggest that you flip off your breaker at every OhmHour - you will get 500 tokens each time. If you haven't done so, get a TP-link and connect your first smart plug and get 500 tokens.

• @Anh, OhmConnect how do you get 500 tokens every time when you flip off your breakers?
  • @smilingfaces school when we receive data from your utility, our system's algorithm will calculate it based on the information that comes back. if that data information is the expected data for people who turn off breakers, will award you tokens.

• @Anh, OhmConnect said:
    @smilingfaces school when we receive data from your utility, our system's algorithm will calculate it based on the information that comes back. if that data information is the expected data for people who turn off breakers, will award you tokens.

Can you double check this please? I flip off my breakers every single #OhmHour (except for one 15 minutes I flipped off late; actual usage is always 0kWh - 99% savings since I've been participating), but I only got ONE 500 tokens for turning off my circuit breakers.