Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Account disconnected for no reason

I'm getting pretty pissed here. My account was disconnected from my utility for seemingly no reason. When I try to reconnect, I get a message that I can't because it's already connected. I contacted Ohm Connect and they claimed it was because my utility told them I no longer have a smart meter. I then asked a follow up about what happens for the ohm hours they're giving me in the meantime and got NO reply.
I call my utility and they assure me nothing has changed on their end and they especially made no changes to my meter.
So I message Ogm Connect again. And still get NO response. Meanwhile, I have an ohm hour today and I assume I will get no points for it since ohm connect has no records of my usage, but I feel like if I shrug it off it will inevitably break my streak. Of course, just having my account disconnected may have broken my streak anyway. An no one at the company can be bothered to tell me any different.
I don't know what to do at this point but I am getting very annoyed and ready to quit altogether.
I even tried calling their super secret phone number after someone at my utility gave it to me, but of course no one answers or returns messages left on the machine.

Comments

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,421Member, Moderator
    @Anh, OhmConnect @Jill Harness needs your expert assistance.
  • Jill HarnessJill Harness Posts: 20Member
    And here I am sitting in the dark probably for no reason. By the way Ahn at Ohm Connect is the one who never bothered to reply to me about this already.
  • lepohmlepohm Posts: 9Member

Same here, disconnected from my utility (SDGE) recently and reverted from platinum to bronze status. Contacted support who responded with:
    "Hi there. We recently changed our utility signup flow and fixed a couple of issues. Due to this, some OhmConnect users may need to connect to their utility again. (Sorry about that!) It looks like all you need to do to do to complete your account is to head over to your Settings page and click the blue "Connect Utility" button to finish connecting your utility."

The "Connect Utility" button does not reconnect; SDGE states that OhmConnect is authorized and data is being sent correctly. Issue appears to be on OhmConnect's side, I responded to support a few more times with additional details. It appears support is reading the messages, but are not responding for unknown reasons. Frustrating, not being paid for the last to two Ohm events.

Others on FB appear to be having similar issues with OhmConnect and lack of support.

• DarrenTDarrenT Posts: 52Member

@Jill Harness @lepohm Right there with you. I haven't gotten results in 2 months now (I think ~10 ohmhours) after randomly being disconnected, then reconnecting. Every attempt to get support to look at my account ended with something along the lines of them pointing the finger at SCE saying there were data delays and it'll be worked out. I too have been demoted to Bronze from Platinum through no fault of my own.

All of this while from the SCE side, OhmConnect is authorized and there appears to be no issue with my meter data. Someone screwed up something, and it's frustrating that both SCE and OhmConnect are just pointing the finger at each other rather than resolving things.

My interest level in OhmConnect has gone from one of its biggest advocates to not even caring since I haven't been compensated for 2 months worth of ohmhours. After all this, I still haven't gotten a timeline or a plan of how this is going to be resolved, just reassurances that everything will work out eventually. In the meantime, I probably won't be getting paid for ohmhours I participate in because I've been dropped to bronze and not participating would probably give them enough to say I broke my streak.

This is ridiculous. The lack of support is a joke. I can't believe I recommended people here.
  • jserramcjserramc Posts: 200Member

I was reduced from gold to carbon and I kept asking what happened and got the same canned response. Then one day it reverted back to gold with no explanation. My streak was NOT affected. However, one of my results mysteriously went from what it earned (on July 17) to TBD. I asked OC why this happened, especially when the points were awarded long ago, still waiting for an answer. My most recent activity )last week) went through without incident. Very frustrating when "support" does not respond. Sometimes I find myself asking them day after day for help....

• Matt DMatt D Posts: 36Administrator

@Jill Harness - sorry about the delay. Anh is out of town for a few weeks but our support team is looking into this currently. Our engineers found an issue with our connection with San Diego and has remedied the situation. We are still in the process of going back and updating users affected by it (including you). Don't worry - none of your settings, rewards, or tokens (including streak or status level) will be affected, but we just need to correct this on our side. Again, I apologize about this.

• samkleesamklee Posts: 41Member, Moderator
    edited October 22

@Jill Harness, I also sent a message over to you and I'll be keeping tabs on your status.

Sam

So is @ahn your only support agent or what because apparently I am not the only one having this issue and plenty of other people are not getting responses either.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 36Administrator

@Jill Harness - yes, that issue affected a large number of people, unfortunately. We have developed a pathway to correct this issue, but are still in the process of deploying those corrections. We do have two full time support agents - Anh and Scott, but unfortunately, both are currently on vacation. Again, we apologize about the inconvenience that this has caused you.

First, you should have been more proactive and contacted those who were affected before they had to contact you.
    Second, you still haven't answered about whether or not we will be credited for participating in Ohm Hours during the outage and whether we will lose our streak if we do not.
    Honestly, you should not only tell everyone what will happen during the Ohm Hours during the outage, but also give them all some kind of massive chunk of tokens or a decent number of points to make up for this whole thing.

• lepohmlepohm Posts: 9Member

Update: My account has automatically reconnected with my utility (SDGE), streak and status have returned, and the recent participated Ohm events have been correctly awarded (Buddy points are missing for the last one, but I'll give it some more time). Everything so far appears to be back to normal.

edited October 25

@""Jill Harness", I haven't introduced myself yet to the forums however I will do so in a separate post soon. My name is Sam and I recently joined OhmConnect to lead our Customer Experience department, which includes Support.

My responses are inline.

First, you should have been more proactive and contacted those who were affected before they had to contact you.

Agreed. I am constantly trying to find ways of being more proactive in communicating with our users. Be aware, though, these utility connection issues are often beyond our control. Sometimes there are fixes we can implement on our side. In either case, it is extremely difficult to contact our users prior to them contacting us because of the lead time in identifying the problem. When we are at fault a fix can be implemented typically on Tues or Thurs, when one of our engineers can write and upload a patch to our code base. If the Utility is at fault, we still have to do our diligence before contacting the Utility to look into the issue. This will automatically add a few days to the solution, depending on how quickly the Utility can fix things on their end. I should also mention that if a large number of users are affecting by a utility disconnection issue, I will pull away an engineer immeditately to troubleshoot the issue.

Second, you still haven't answered about whether or not we will be credited for participating in Ohm Hours during the outage and whether we will lose our streak if we do not.

Any OhmHour participation during a utility disconnection time will NOT incur any penalties. You will not lose your streak or points. If your dashboard does not correct itself over time, write me and I'll manually fix your point and streak total.

Honestly, you should not only tell everyone what will happen during the Ohm Hours during the outage, but also give them all some kind of massive chunk of tokens or a decent number of points to make up for this whole thing.

I value your input, so keep them coming! Feel free to email me as well at with any of your concerns.

edit wrong email! This is the correct one --

@lepohm said:
    Update: My account has automatically reconnected with my utility (SDGE), streak and status have returned, and the recent participated Ohm events have been correctly awarded (Buddy points are missing for the last one, but I'll give it some more time). Everything so far appears to be back to normal.

@lepohm, if things don't self correct in 24 hours, email me at and I'll get it fixed.

Thanks @Sam_OhmConnect. It seems to be reconnected, but my two OhmHour results from the period are still listed as TBD

• Michael CooperMichael Cooper Huntington BeachPosts: 27Member

This is coming from an SCE customer, may or may not apply to SDGE....in my case, signing a new third-party data authorization with SCE remedied all of my TBD's which had been accumulating from 8/17 all the way through early Oct, within 24 hours. This might not be the case with everyone, but if your utility account is showing as "disconnected" and/or your status is downgraded, it might be worthwhile to submit a new third-party authorization, even if you currently have one on file as "active." To be on the safe side, don't revoke your existing one. Right now I have two on file with SCE which seems redundant.

All that being said, according to CPUC, your utility is obligated not only to provide you with reliable power and bill you fairly for it, but also to relay their meter data to contracted third-party demand response providers such as OhmConnect in order to effect their reduction goals. Their consistent failure to do so, whether due to repeated technical glitches or human factors, likely makes for a valid complaint to CPUC.

@Jill Harness said:
    Thanks @Sam_OhmConnect. It seems to be reconnected, but my two OhmHour results from the period are still listed as TBD

I'll look into it. I'll also transfer our discussion to our help chat so we can more easily keep tabs on the status of those OhmHours.

edited October 25

@Michael Cooper said:
    This is coming from an SCE customer, may or may not apply to SDGE....in my case, signing a new third-party data authorization with SCE remedied all of my TBD's which had been accumulating from 8/17 all the way through early Oct, within 24 hours. This might not be the case with everyone, but if your utility account is showing as "disconnected" and/or your status is downgraded, it might be worthwhile to submit a new third-party authorization, even if you currently have one on file as "active." To be on the safe side, don't revoke your existing one. Right now I have two on file with SCE which seems redundant.

All that being said, according to CPUC, your utility is obligated not only to provide you with reliable power and bill you fairly for it, but also to relay their meter data to contracted third-party demand response providers such as OhmConnect in order to effect their reduction goals. Their consistent failure to do so, whether due to repeated technical glitches or human factors, likely makes for a valid complaint to CPUC.

Wow, thank you, Michael, for sharing your experience as an SCE user. The information you're conveying makes absolute sense, as there are still two different authorization protocols in place in connecting SCE with OhmConnect -- Green Button Data and OAuth (much preferred over GBD at this time).

Some of you forum'ers might have seen two different entity references in your SCE dashboard -- OhmConnect, Inc. and OhmConnect. One represents OAuth, the other GBD but I forget which is which.

• Michael CooperMichael Cooper Huntington BeachPosts: 27Member

@Sam_OhmConnect said:
    Wow, thank you, Michael, for sharing your experience as an SCE user. The information you're conveying makes absolute sense, as there are still two different authorization protocols in place in connecting SCE with OhmConnect -- CISR and OAuth (much, much preferred over CISR).

Some of you forum'ers might have seen two different entity references in your SCE dashboard -- OhmConnect, Inc. and OhmConnect. One represents OAuth, the other CISR but I forget which is which.

Any time, hope it helps a lot more users resolve that ongoing issue. As frustrating as it's been, I'd much prefer to track down the problem if it happens to be a purely technical one before going to CPUC.

edited October 25

@Michael Cooper - agreed. By the way, the TBDs stemming from this particular issue will become a thing of the past. I just got notice today that SCE has a ticket to deprecate GreenButtonData authorization.

@Sam_OhmConnect said:
    @Michael Cooper - agreed. By the way, the TBDs stemming from this particular issue will become a thing of the past. I just got notice today that SBE has a ticket to deprecate GBD.

TBD - I know what that means
    SBE - I assume that's a typo and really means SCE
    GBD - No clue what that means

@UkiwiS said:

@Sam_OhmConnect said:
    @Michael Cooper - agreed. By the way, the TBDs stemming from this particular issue will become a thing of the past. I just got notice today that SBE has a ticket to deprecate GBD.

TBD - I know what that means
    SBE - I assume that's a typo and really means SCE
    GBD - No clue what that means

oops... typos. corrected. with greenbutton and oauth both in place at SBC, users were bouncing back and forth between the two when enrolling or reconnecting. Those that landed with greenbutton saw their data get interpreted incorrectly with some recent code changes we made (ironically to make things more consistent with SBGE and PGE). Oauth users have had very few issues, if any.

Not the issue Michael, as I said, no changes were made and the utility cannot reauthorize the connection unless it is disconnected first.
  • GregoryGregory Posts: 25Member
    edited October 30

one of my friend's accounts had the same thing happen. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting for them a few times now with no luck. has the problem been fixed? they have already messaged support about it and said ohmconnect is aware, but that was a while ago.

Hey @samklee I am still having connectivity issues. I emailed, can you please look at me account.
    I can't believe this. I just got an email from Claudia and she is back to claiming I don't have a smart meter. Are you f-into kidding me?
    edited November 2

@Jill Harness said:

I can't believe this. I just got an email from Claudia and she is back to claiming I don't have a smart meter. Are you f-into kidding me?

There's probably been some sort of misunderstanding. Download your green button data from SDGE and send that to her.

@samklee everything seems back to normal for the most part, except my ohm hour from 10/11 still says that I failed by using 0 kwh.

Let me check what's going on. @Jill Harness I'm going to respond via our help chat so we can start documenting what's been going on with your account.

Hang in there.

And it's been 10 days now and still no response. I thought you were supposed to help improve customer service @samklee. Instead I am still getting ignored for weeks at a time.