Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Turn off wifi during ohm hour?

Do you turn off your wifi during ohm hours? I just got my first smart plug and was excited for my first ohm hour with it. But then as I was going around unplugging things occurred to me that if I'm unplugging the wifi the smart plug can't work anyway.

What do other people do when you're home during an ohm hour? Unplug manually? Leave the wifi in charge of everything?

Comments

• faye1218faye1218 Concord, CAPosts: 2Member

For items I want powered on during OH, I have them plugged into Battery Backups/UPS. The $90-$120 models from Costco or Sam's Club, fit the bill for 1 hours Ohms. I learn to mute the alarm, so I dont get beeped out to oblivion. I also turn my fridge to off (my fridge has such a setting)

• NlindsayNlindsay San Diego Posts: 50Member

@lizzie-jones87 I usually keep my modem and router on during an OH. That way i can still use my laptop or tablet, and my smart plug can do its thang ;) Otherwise i just make sure everything else is turned off. Winter time doesn't demand strict savings like summer does, so i don't worry about the 0.2kWh used to keep my wifi on.

@faye1218 said:
    I learn to mute the alarm, so I dont get beeped out to oblivion. I also turn my fridge to off (my fridge has such a setting)

@faye1218 i have totally been beeped to oblivion before lol! One of my fridges i can turn off using the front panel which is soo nice, i hate that my new LG doesn't have that option....