Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Anyone else missing Buddy points for #OhmHour on Fri 10/19, 8-9 PM?

My buddy Steve and I both reduced our electric usage by 100% for this #OhmHour event on Friday, October 19th, 8-9 PM, but have not received 100 points, as were automatically credited in the past. We each sent support tickets over a week ago, but we have not received a response. We each did receive 100 Buddy token, but no points. Is there an issue with the automatic crediting of the buddy points? Has anyone else had similar issues? Has anyone else written to support and not received a response within the promised 48 hours. This is very unusual because in the pass, support has been very good in responding to these open tickets. Thank you for your replies. P.S. My buddy Steve did get a response saying that his buddy points were sent to "Phil", but no correction of this issue. Neither of us know anyone here named Phil.

Best Answer

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,558Member, Moderator
    Accepted Answer

@ectophil I'm just a mod and don't work for OC. They are a very small group and have to pick their battles and focus on the big ticket items. They have received no SDGE data since 10/24 and limited data from SCE for several weeks now, getting to the bottom of those issues is probably taking priority. That's not to say that a few missing dollars via the buddy program is not important as well but it looks like you have all the bases covered between the forum, email and with OC staff tagged. Stir in a bit of patience and it'll all come out in the wash eventually :)

Answers

edited October 2018

@ectophil
    It's been confirmed that there is probably an issue. This thread mentions it and I've seen some private discussions between moderators and OC
    https://forum.ohmconnect.com/discussion/comment/12396#Comment_12396

I believe that @Anh, OhmConnect is aware of it and is on top of it!

• ectophilectophil Posts: 8Member

Thank you UkiwiS, but this is a separate matter of not having my support ticket addressed. Both my buddy Steve and I have inquired about the missing buddy bonus for O/H on 10/19/2018 several times. Steve was finally awarded missing buddy bonus points, and I am still awaiting such credit after 11 days. Please see the attached screen captures of our logs. Thank you for further escalating, if you are able to do so. I would really appreciate your help in having this corrected. Most cordially, Joel

• ectophilectophil Posts: 8Member

Thank you UkiwiS. Problem solved. The missing buddy bonus points were credited today. Now my buddy & I are both up to speed, except of course for the data delays affecting the last OhmHour on Friday 10/26/2018, from 7-8 pm. Thanks for all your input and work on this forum. Cheers, Joel

• Steve ESteve E Posts: 329Member, Moderator

I had an #OhmHour on 10/25 that the points were awarded for on 10/28 without the bonus buddy points. I was awarded the 100 tokens on 10/29, but am yet to receive the 71 bonus points (based on the "You both saved an average of 71% - awesome" message on the buddy page of my dashboard).

@Anh, OhmConnect indicated this was an issue for some users.

• SFPowerSaverSFPowerSaver SFPosts: 43Member

I'm having the same problem with buddy points for my last 3 completed OHs (10/9, 10/16, 10/25).

• Steve ESteve E Posts: 329Member, Moderator

@SFPowerSaver said:
    I'm having the same problem with buddy points for my last 3 completed OHs (10/9, 10/16, 10/25).

Do you see the events on your buddy page with the savings for both of you?

This is my experience....the 2 hidden OhmHours in the pic are for 10/19 and 10/26. The popup shows the savings for the last one. The activity to the right shows nothing since 10/13 which coincidentally is the last time we received buddy points.

@samklee, @Anh, OhmConnect Something is broken

• No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Posts: 404Member

My Buddy and I are missing Buddy points from 10/19 & 10/26. Do we need to send an email to ask for these points to be added manually like @ectophil did? @[email protected]

• Hi everyone. We are aware of an issue with recent Buddy points not being paid out for some users. Our engineers are investigating this issue now and hope to have a fix soon. Once we have this issue fixed, your Buddy points will be added to your #OhmHours automatically, where applicable. We thank you for your patience while we investigate this issue.

• samkleesamklee Posts: 71Member, Administrator, Moderator

Buddy Point update: We just rolled out a fix for people experiencing their buddy points not working from around Oct.17 onward.

• DarrenTDarrenT Posts: 60Member

@samklee And what about prior to Oct 17th?

My buddy and I are still missing buddy points for the following OhmHours:

8/29
    8/31
    9/5
    9/7
    9/11
    9/20
    9/27
    10/5

Is this something that should have been resolved with the fix this week, or is this a special case I will have to open a ticket to get resolved?