OhmHours & Camp Fire

esochanesochan Northern CAMember Posts: 9

I'm a new user; joined last week. I also live in Chico CA, not too far from the where this latest northern CA fire is. I'm also on solar, but obviously not generating since it's pitch black at high noon from all of the smoke.

I haven't had any OhmHours since joining, but should I consider myself to be on vacation and just opt out of everything until this crisis is gone? I've been stuck indoors with all of the smoke; which means I'm using more electricity than usual on a given day.

Answers

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoMember, Moderator Posts: 1,625

@esochan said:
    I'm a new user; joined last week. I also live in Chico CA, not too far from the where this latest northern CA fire is. I'm also on solar, but obviously not generating since it's pitch black at high noon from all of the smoke.

I haven't had any OhmHours since joining, but should I consider myself to be on vacation and just opt out of everything until this crisis is gone? I've been stuck indoors with all of the smoke; which means I'm using more electricity than usual on a given day.

I wouldn't opt out as you lose your streak. Now of course you don't have a streak yet but you need to work and build it and keep it going so that you can capitalize when it matters. If you're using more than you typically would, due to being indoors, that means your "forecast" will be higher when you do have an OhmHour. That also means it'll be easier to beat and you'll score more points (aka $$$).

I'm in SoCal and getting one a week and I think that is pretty standard for most people.

• XdatineliaXdatinelia Member Posts: 47
    I am not as close as you, but if it was me, I'd definitely use vacation mode till the air was clearer if you usually go outside for ohmhours. We are higher users with well and all electric house, so just not using water or stove we make it. Forecast is usually 1.5-5 depending on hour, and turning off all fans and the above measures mean we are sitting on appx 0.2-.05 per hour used.. your results may vary.