Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

What happened to getting points?

During the past three OhmHours all I have been getting is Prize Entry. When will I start earning points again? This isn't what I signed up for.

Answers

• CraigWCraigW Posts: 44Member

I've gotten one regular point one in the last three weeks. The other two have been Prize OH's. I'm hoping once I get my five entries into the big draw, I drop out of the prize OH pool and get only point hours since an entry into a Prize Hour for a 50/25,639 chance to get one of the $250 Amazon cards is nice,it's valueless to me and I'd rather have the points. The odds are 0.2% or 1 in 500 at the moment, with basically a week of qualifying to go.

• ajmandelsaajmandelsa Posts: 9Member

I've had three Prize OH in the past three weeks with no points. Also I qualified for all three of those OH and still only have 2 stars on the 100K prize. Not sure what value remains for us in this program. I thought it would be a nice 80/20 split for the value of the energy we saved. So they must have overpaid us during the summer and now need to recoup some of the monies.

• No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Posts: 400Member

@ajmandelsa I've had 2 OhmHours this month. One Prize, one for points, so really that's only 1 OH in November. This being Thanksgiving Day, I'm thankful there was no OhmHour notification for today. :D

I've just been informed that tomorrow is my fourth Prize OH in a row... I am curious and disturbed by this trend. There is no more incentive to reduce.

• No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Posts: 400Member

@ajmandelsa That's something I would report to customer service. It doesn't sound right. You're basically making money for OhmConnect, for an entire month, with zero compensation (because we know you're not going to win a prize, right?).
    @samklee Have you seen users getting only Prize OhmHours - 4 weeks in a row?

• samkleesamklee Posts: 68Member, Administrator, Moderator

@No Pain No Gain said:
    @ajmandelsa That's something I would report to customer service. It doesn't sound right. You're basically making money for OhmConnect, for an entire month, with zero compensation (because we know you're not going to win a prize, right?).
    @samklee Have you seen users getting only Prize OhmHours - 4 weeks in a row?

@No Pain No Gain That is not supposed to be normative behavior. @ajmandelsa, I'll take a look at what's going on your account and write back via our help chat.

• Sabreena Sabreena Posts: 89Member

I just got called for my third prize OH in a row. Haven't had a points OH in nearly a month. And I'm sitting here deciding if it's even worth it anymore and if I even care if my streak is broken. And I have a 141 streak right now. This is really sad. Can they at least make missing prize OHs not count against our streak and status?

• Jeff MellingerJeff Mellinger Lake ElsinorePosts: 11Member

I think OhmConnect is following the same business plan as MoviePass, get a loyal base then screw them over.

• amandamagriamandamagri Posts: 2Member
    I was just wondering the same thing. There was a survey that went out about being interested in prize hours without opoibtsand I said that was a hard no. I wonder what the data said on how people answered that question.
  • amandamagriamandamagri Posts: 2Member
    > @Jeff Mellinger said:
    > I think OhmConnect is following the same business plan as MoviePass, get a loyal base then screw them over.

I was just thinking this as well. It doesn’t seem like a sustainable business plan with so many people with large streaks. Shame.
  • jserramcjserramc Posts: 259Member

anyone suddenly made diamond? Maybe this is how OC is compensating large streak holders. Both me and buddy were gold, now diamond. Quite a difference from 15% to 80%...

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,523Member, Moderator
    @jserramc

I went from platinum to diamond and points have dropped almost 60%. This resulted from streak bonus dropping from 665% to 100%
    NEW = Base (2.5+1)
    OLD = Base (2+6.65)

NEW/OLD = 3.5/8.65 =0.404 (40 %)
  • prettyheprettyhe Posts: 4Member
    I had 5 ohm prize hours in a row. No compensation at all. The last ohm hour i recieved points for was over a month ago. Ridiculous how ohm has changed. Seems not worth staying in this anymore.
  • rbarlinerbarline Posts: 11Member

Just got this today. I guess I could just reduce for the good of the planet, but I don't think so .... I'm dropping out.

edited November 2018

@rbarline

That looks to me like it hasn't even scored yet. Does it show zero on your dashboard?

• jserramcjserramc Posts: 259Member

I got the same thing on my recap. No scores. Why tease us with this recap, just say PENDING.

• JeffoffJeffoff Posts: 14Member
    You know, could it be that no points were not given due to the updates in energy usage not being sent from utilities to Ohm presently? Orherwise, I agree with many of the posters here that saving for just a chance to win a prize is lame, especially if it’s 5 prize Ohm hours in a row. It really should be in addition to earning points.
  • I’m also in the only prize hours boat.
    3 in a row now. Last points earned where Oct.

Just got my 5th prize oh in a row... Not sure what's going on but I am getting frustrated about this.

• fchang77fchang77 Posts: 1Member
    I haven't gotten any ohm hours of any kind since Oct 24th!
  • plantmumplantmum Posts: 3Member
    This is getting old. I feel we are all earning money for them now and getting nothing in return. Its cold and dark. I didnt mind doing it when I felt like I was a partner in saving energy and earning a little cash too.

But now that Im getting ZERO...why bother?
  • Elisha Bist-BraswellElisha Bist-Braswell StocktonCAPosts: 8Member
    Same here, no points hours since Oct. and just got my 4th prize hour. They are making money off of us, im gone from here, and instead of referring people I'm telling them to stay far away from ohm.

Just got my sixth Prize OH in a row... I think they are done with giving me points. This is not what I signed up for. It may be time to check out and get on another train.

• WarsongWarsong Posts: 3Member

This is complete crap, been w/ ohm hour for over a year and now this garbage happens.

• Philip ChildsPhilip Childs Posts: 28Member
    Thank you OC, now I have no incentive to save energy, no incentive to keep the streak going. You won't see 0 kwh used from me, until you pay me. Stick you prize ohmhours where the sun don't shine!

Seven in a row... I am now just not caring and working to just be under my goal rather than 0

• @Jeff Mellinger said:
    Now the latest prize ohm hour I just got is 50 $150 donations to a charity of your choice. Now you're in a contest with extremely little odds of winning nothing! Even if you win, you win nothing. The only thing you're doing is most likely giving OhmConnect a $7500 charitable write-off. OhmConnect has stooped to a new level of low, really screwing the members. Does anyone think that OhmConnect is only collecting $7500 from the utility companies for all the energy we're saving?

Just select The Human Fund as your donation ;)

• safritz12safritz12 Posts: 1Member
    I don’t like these contests!! I never win. I just want my points but haven’t received any in a while. I guess I’ll just opt out. Is this even worth it anymore?