Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

What happened to getting points?

2»

Answers

• jserramcjserramc Posts: 299Member

I had 3 or 4 prize hours (mid Oct-early Dec) then the last two have been points so maybe this will happen for you. My last two hours for points not prize were Dec 17 and 27. Alternatively, you could stay in but set your available hours to none. You're still in, you can kind of track it if you have a buddy that will tell you what they got, and then change your hours again if/when you feel like it is improving.

OH from Jan 7 says I beat my forecast, am entered into the drawing, that I earned 100 tokens AND 89 POINTS yet my point total has not changed. I advised OC about this previously and they awarded me the points. Looks like they still have not fixed this issue so time for another note to OC to give me the points they are saying they gave me!

• NlindsayNlindsay San Diego Posts: 85Member

@jserramc have you been geting buddy points and 100 tokens for the Prize OH's? I only get both points and tokens for normal OH's. when i have a prize OH, my buddy page says i earned however many points and 100 tokens, but i have never gotten any buddy points only the tokens. I just assumed that the prize OH's meant no earned points as well as no buddy points either...
    Maybe @samklee knows for sure, are we supposed to get buddy points for the prize OH's too?

@Nlindsay just like you the messages in my buddy points indicate both items yet the tallies on my home page do not reflect this. OC info says you won't earn points, just tokens, yet they are the ones sending me the messages in my buddy chat contradicting this. So I cut and pasted my buddy messages to them and asked for an explantation. They said they knew there was a flaw and gave me several hundred points for bringing it to their attention. That was a month ago. I got the same type of message on my last prize OH last week and I have alerted them once again, still waiitng for a reply. You might try doing the same. If enough people do this maybe they will fix thier flaw.

• irvinszetoirvinszeto Posts: 6Member

8 out of the last 9 for me have been Prize hours. I hate these Prize hours so much.

the only good thing about them is that my "streak bonus" seems to be growing for the summer months when we will start getting points again i hope.

• ajmandelsaajmandelsa Posts: 9Member

After several weeks of no OH I finally got one... oh never mind it's my 8th Prize OH in a row and what's worse the prize is no electric bills for a year, I have solar!

if those of us who get money back because of solar etc, how would OC give you your energy paid for a year if you won? the only thing I really have is the $10 monthly service fee. I guess $120 is better than nothing though not sure if because of the solar credits this fee would be zero in OC land....

update on points for prize hours--I finally got an answer after a few weeks, just like before they said they knew there was a bug in the system but did award me my 89 points. If enough of us remind OC of what they are promising and hold them to it, maybe they will fix their flaw.

• CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 232Member
    I wonder if PG&E's current financial situation has anything to do with contributing to the lack of payout OH for those of us with that utility company.

I asked OC about the impact but of course they have not responded yet.

• No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Posts: 404Member
    edited February 11

Never mind points.... I have earned less than $5 since December, so when I got a 2000 reward for a referral, I tried to cash out and.... NICE.... Unfortunately, cashing out is currently unavailable
    SCE hasn't paid OhmConnect for the last 8 months of reductions
    Clicked the link to see why, and OC explains they're being transparent and letting us know SCE hasn't paid them for 8 months. That's not transparency. That's pointing fingers and shifting blame. Read more on the thread: https://forum.ohmconnect.com/discussion/2141/no-payouts-for-sce-customers#latest
    If you're not an SCE customer and have points you can cash out, do so, because you may be next!

Update: Now that my questions have been answered by @samklee, I think it's unlikely this will happen to other utility users. I'm fully confident that things will be worked out between SCE and OhmConnect and have the patience to wait a while to cash out. I'm not going to go bankrupt without $20.
    Go to the link above to read about the conference call this evening.

• ortega.cameronkortega.cameronk Posts: 15Member

@No Pain No Gain said:
    I have earned less than $5 since December

I, too, have earned less than $5 since December, since $0 > $5. Last non-prize Ohm Hour for me was 12/18/2018.