Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

What does everyone think about “Prize Ohm Hours”

What does everyone think about “Prize Ohm Hours” 76 votes

Love them
0%
Hate them
100%
John KHeather JohnsonvvranglerSD Chipkenny113LizzyWarsongDarby GrossJeff MellingerawengKendra FargoJacob NjustinemarrlepohmdockidnyIanEStevocdhen12wyattgweJoeyB 76 votes

Comments

• lightfeatherlightfeather Posts: 2Member
    edited December 2018
    Hate them

I joined up to make a little extra scratch while also helping the planet. I never win ANYTHING so I hate these gambling prize hours. I'd rather just collect points a bit at a time rather than participate in a slim chance to maybe win something. I hate contests. And gambling. And raffles. And the lottery. Pretty much everything that utilizes RNG. /grinch

I wouldn't mind if prize entries were on top of of the point gains, because win or lose I still feel like I'm winning by earning the points. Prize entry alone? No thank you.

• WarsongWarsong Posts: 3Member
    Hate them

And there you have it, 100% hate it, way to screw your customers over ohmconnect

• a15732ba15732b Posts: 2Member
    Nobody wins just like spin for tokens iv spun a million tokens you don't win but I beat my forcast every time so I get a little there not on prize hours but regular
  • NMeadNMead Posts: 8Member
    Hate them

OhmConnect is recently becoming very unpopular with many users. Myself included. OhmConnect's main marketing tool is that users will earn money for saving electricity. This statement is becoming more and more obsolete with each passing month.

• SD ChipSD Chip Posts: 133Member
    Hate them

It is messing up my Level Bonus. I am not as attentive on the prize OH's so my savings level has dropped below 80%, dropping me down to Platinum level from Diamond. I can guarantee they thought about this when they developed the plan.

• gedurkeegedurkee Posts: 2Member
    Hate them

Hi: I agree with folks here. The prizes are stupid and certainly not enough to stay with your program (there's other programs out there). I do like the reminders to save power during 'dirty' sourcing by PG&E (and, I guess I'll take your word for it...). The program has also made us more conscious of power consumption but we use so little anyway and our only large appliance is the refrigerator, that there's also no point in you monitoring gizmo. Anyway, I'll see how it goes but I'm probably not around for much longer. Also also, in case you guys are having cash flow problems, I made sure to cash out my credits. In one year, we got enough credits to pay for two electric bills. That's the sort of thing that's worth it and a real incentive.

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,495Member, Moderator

@gedurkee

This is temporary and points are coming back in the Summer. My only other option is to switch to SDG&Es "Reduce Your Use" program on which I earned about $15 in 2016. Those savings ALL came in the SUMMER too with nothing over the winter months. I'm certainly going to stick around.

• ortega.cameronkortega.cameronk Posts: 15Member
    Hate them

Wow, I thought I might be in the minority. To hear OC talk about it, you'd have thought someone out there liked this system, but obviously not. It's been over 7 weeks since I've had any Ohm Hours worth participating in. I'm also sticking it out in hopes I'll still be able to earn several hundred bucks over the summer, but this is rough.

• cwiedcwied San MateoPosts: 109Member

To be fair to OhmConnect, I think most of the opinions I've seen expressed are that Point OhmHours are better than Prize OhmHours, not that having no OhmHours is better than having Prize OhmHours. It's not clear to me that eliminating Prize OhmHours would necessarily result in people getting more Point OhmHours.

Hate them

Looking back at how many people qualified for the last several months of prizes, it looks like OC gets an average of roughly 20,000 people successfully participating in each Prize Ohm Hour. Most of the prizes so far have had exact dollar amounts (50 x $100 gift cards, etc.), but for several I had to guess. My best estimate is the average prize value is $8600. Add to that the $100,000 grand prize, and OC could afford to do normal Ohm Hours once every two weeks that would pay out an average of around a dollar to each participant, maybe $2-3 if you're diamond level with 10+ streak. Admittedly, that's not awesome. But as most in the poll apparently seem to think, it's better than nothing at all.

• JeffoffJeffoff Posts: 14Member
    Hate them
    At first I thought it was a cool idea, now it’s old and I’m considering quiting. Another thing that frustrates the hell out of me is the difficulty simply getting to my history of points and cash out records. It’s buried so deep that I spend about 30 minutes searching each time then give up. Why not add a direct link from the main drop down menu so we can see a history of what we’ve done. (Or as in my case what a hacker has done!) The entire website is not thought out very well. Nothing is fluid or easy to navigate. It’s always oops, I went there and now I can’t back out. Or, oops... Got to log in again, etc. annoying as hell.
  • John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 581Member
    edited February 9
    Hate them

@Jeffoff said:
    Another thing that frustrates the hell out of me is the difficulty simply getting to my history of points and cash out records. It’s buried so deep that I spend about 30 minutes searching each time then give up. Why not add a direct link . . . ?

I'm confused by you saying access is buried so deep. There is a single download icon on my dashboard that immediately opens my history in my spreadsheet program. It is the arrow in the bottom right hand corner of the following screenshot. Are you not using this method?

• SD ChipSD Chip Posts: 133Member
    Hate them

Now that we have an option for MEGA OH's only, can they develop an option for opting out of prize OH'S??
    I had a total of 8 MEGA OH's in 2018 and I had 6 prize OH's since November. I would much rather have to option to opt out of prize OH's.

• CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 218Member
    Hate them
    I wonder if this means moving forward there will only be PrizeOhmHours or MEGA OhmHours?
    Hate them

@CKWM said:
    I wonder if this means moving forward there will only be PrizeOhmHours or MEGA OhmHours?

Good question. If there are still any regular OhmHours, I'd rather just opt out of the Prizes than opt out of normal and Prize OHs.

• cdhen12cdhen12 Posts: 2Member
    Hate them
    I’m not into your new model. No more points. I’m stopping. You had a really good thing going and you ruined it with these prize OH’s. I felt like I was “earning”. Now I feel like I’m “betting” or “gambling”. I no longer get ANY point OH’s. Your poll shows 100% hate prize OH. Why are you still doing it?
  • vvranglervvrangler Posts: 16Member
    Hate them

These Prize OhmHours are horrible, not what I signed up for AT ALL!
    That on top of the severe cut to bonus points for Streaks has me seriously contemplating quitting OhmConnect altogether. I have saved 456.1 kWh for OhmConnect and this is the thanks I get?
    At minimum there should be an Opt Out for Prize OhmHours, they are more hurtful than helpful in my opinion.
    Seriously @OhmConnect get your act together before you lose all of your faithful customers!