Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Prize ohm hours

Hello,
I haven't received anything but prize ohm hours since November 1.
Is there a way of opting off of those and getting a regular ohm hour instead?
For a low energy user, it seems worthless to bend over backwards to beat such low energy usage multiple times just to be entered in a drawing (and most likely never win anything).
I'm considering leaving this program. Can anyone give me a reason to stay motivated?
Thank you.
Maria

Answers

• TheColdOneTheColdOne Posts: 3Member

Bumping this in hopes of a response. I would also like to opt out of the "prize" bonus if it means you don't get points as well.

• missingyapok-yahoomissingyapok-yahoo Posts: 20Member

I set it so I have no available hours. If you do this you won't get any but your streak will remain

• CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 232Member
    @missingyapok-yahoo, wouldn't you also be missing out on opportunities to have regular OhmHours for points/money?
  • missingyapok-yahoomissingyapok-yahoo Posts: 20Member

@CKWM said:
    @missingyapok-yahoo, wouldn't you also be missing out on opportunities to have regular OhmHours for points/money?

Yes but my last 3/4 were prize hours so I got fed up

• irvinszetoirvinszeto Posts: 6Member

9 out of my last 10 have been these m'fing prize hours.

• jserramcjserramc Posts: 283Member

I have a reglar one tinite, last one was prize, two before that points....and about 4 before that were also prize.

• hortensia76hortensia76 Posts: 10Member
    Thanks for your responses. It seems like I wasn't the only one to not particularly like the prize ohm hours.
    Now... I haven't been notified of any ohm hour for a month (note: I haven't opted out of anything).
    What is going on?
  • The Little Ohmer TwinsThe Little Ohmer Twins Union CityPosts: 1,012Moderator
    It’s winter. Grid is a lot more stable. Not as much need for energy savings, so not as many OhmHours. Simple as that!
    Cool to see the final response from @samklee in this discussion:

https://forum.ohmconnect.com/discussion/2198/when-is-the-prize-ohm-hour-going-to-end-the-regular-ohm-hour-mega-ohm-hour-start#latest

... just to follow-up with people who posted in this discussion to stay informed with why and what's to come.
  • arthurwlittlearthurwlittle Posts: 1Member

My MEGA Goal is 0.187 kWh or less. Reaching that goal is IMPOSSIBLE unless I unplug my two refrigerators. In reality, unplugging them or turning off the circuits for an hour saves NOTHING in the long run and serves NO purpose. So, the MEGA Goal itself serves no purpose, except to frustrate people like me.

• cwiedcwied San MateoPosts: 130Member

The point of demand reduction is to reduce the peak load on the grid, not to save energy. Even though nothing is saved in the long run, reducing usage in a certain hour may allow the grid operator to avoid firing up an extra power plant to save the load. While I understand your frustration at trying to reach such a low usage goal, the reduction does serve a purpose.

That reminds me of this one quote:

"The single raindrop never feels responsible for the flood."