Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Toronto Hydro Issue

Mo AnwarMo Anwar Posts: 6Member

Hi my connection to my electric company somehow shows disconnected. it is not letting me connect. i tried with the right password, it is saying in the last screen to verify phone, but i am not receiving any verification code. I have tried this a few times now and no success. please help. Now it is showing wrong page error. My profile now is completely messed up as all my multipliers are also gone. I had platinum status and have been downgraded to bronze for the last two months. I have tried multiple time to reach support but no response. Please help. Thanks!

Answers

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,558Member, Moderator

@Mo Anwar

You should reach out to support for this issue so they can look into it for you.

• Mo AnwarMo Anwar Posts: 6Member

Thank you! I will reach out again. I have been sending them tickets for a month now and no one gets back to me.

@Mo Anwar said:
    Thank you! I will reach out again. I have been sending them tickets for a month now and no one gets back to me.

@samklee what's the average response time in the support queue? Is it now in excess of a month?

• Jeff MoskalJeff Moskal Posts: 2Member

I'm having exactly the same issue (also Toronto Hydro). Meter data not being sent as of beginning of December and when I tried to reconnect nothing happened and now trying to reconnect just gives me "page not found" errors.

I sent a request for help and they indicated "OhmConnect typically replies in 2d".

• samkleesamklee Posts: 71Member, Administrator, Moderator

@UkiwiS said:

@Mo Anwar said:

@samklee what's the average response time in the support queue? Is it now in excess of a month?

Not what I want it to be, but not a month. Mo, unfortunately, got routed into our enrollment queue. :( His last two reach outs to use were during our Holiday break, so he got neglected. My apologies.

Enrollment issues are suffering at the moment. I'm looking to hire Anh's replacement. The light at the end of the tunnel is we have made quite a few changes in our Product dashboard to aid users in the enrollment process.

• samkleesamklee Posts: 71Member, Administrator, Moderator

@Jeff Moskal said:
    I'm having exactly the same issue (also Toronto Hydro). Meter data not being sent as of beginning of December and when I tried to reconnect nothing happened and now trying to reconnect just gives me "page not found" errors.

I sent a request for help and they indicated "OhmConnect typically replies in 2d".

Here's the most recent update.

Toronto Hydro (THESL)

Some of our users have noticed data issues over the past couple weeks that have resulted in a number of issues ranging from seeing their tiers drop suddenly to receiving messages to reconnect their utility accounts.

Additionally, Toronto Hydro customers have contacted THESL only to hear that everything was fine on the Utility side and then told to contact OhmConnect. After thoroughly troubleshooting the issue from our end, we just received an acknowledgment from THESL (1/8) that there is, in fact, a problem on their end.

When we have data restored from THESL we will run re-calculations on our THESL users and make sure that any OhmHour participation is properly credited. If you see persistent negative impact after a solution has been implemented, we will correct these errors as you write in.

Thank you for your patience.

@samklee said:
    Enrollment issues are suffering at the moment. I'm looking to hire Anh's replacement. The light at the end of the tunnel is we have made quite a few changes in our Product dashboard to aid users in the enrollment process.

That's good, I hope it works.

I just got a referral over the bar this week...they signed up back on 9/21 and for whatever reason it's taken this long.

• Jeff MoskalJeff Moskal Posts: 2Member

Thank-you for the update @samklee.

• gtsangmobilegtsangmobile Posts: 6Member

I've also been having this issue with Toronto Hydro and my Ohm Connect account since December. Missing out on all these Ohm Hours =(

Hi Guys, what is the update? I still have not have any resolution to this...this is now going into 1.5 months now. Who do I connect with about this? Still this issue is not resolved. Is it possible to get an update or an ETA? On top of the connection to utility company now I am also seeing that my smart plugs are not turning off....really missing out on stuff. Please give us something :(

Sam from Ohmconnect got back to me with some very helpful information on this...other effected by the issue please contact Toronto Hydro and ask them to fix there "Download in Green Button format" in the PowerLens.

=======================================
    Dear THESL OhmConnect user,

You have no doubt noticed data issues with your OhmConnect account since December 2018. I wanted to give you an update on the issue and ask for your help going forward. Also, be aware that once this data break is fixed your status will be fully restored.

Why is it so hard to fix the problem?

THESL is not an official Utility partner with our platform. Unlike our other partners, we do not have a contact inside THESL who can work with us in fixing any data issues. Typically, official cooperation with Utilities allows us to receive user data in an effortless, automated manner. When this process breaks down, it is this officially recognized cooperation that allows us to arrive at a fix quickly. This is not the case with THESL.

What is the problem? (and how we get your data)

The issue stems from site changes THESL implemented recently, which broke Green Button Data access.

The Green Button initiative is an industry-led effort to provide utility customers with easy and secure access to their energy usage information in a consumer-friendly and computer-friendly format. Customers are able to securely download their own detailed energy usage with a simple click of a literal "Green Button" on electric utilities' websites.

OhmConnect relies on this Green Button Data to calculate how much energy our users used during their OhmHours. Currently when you click on THESL's Green Button an error results.

What we're doing

At this point, we have two courses of action: 1. Try to reverse engineer the changes that were made to THESL's site. We did some initial work in this area but the effort is exceptionally time consuming and haphazard. 2. Look to implementing some other way of scraping THESL's website for user's energy usage, either by way of the charts or alternate, non-Green Button Standard options. Again, time consuming and not a leveraged effort as nearly every Utility has already adopted the Green Button Initiative.

How you can help

Quite simply, can you call THESL support and let them know they are no longer compliant with the Green Button Initiative? We're hopeful that enough users complain of the bug with THESL's Green Button download that they will fix it and we're back in business.

If they direct you to other places on their site that allow you to download your data, please let them know that you are inquiring about their Green Button specifically and need it to work.

THESL contact information:

email = link to form is here.

phone = (416) 542-8000

Hours = Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.

How to (attempt) to view your Green Button Data:

1. Log into your THESL account.

2. Scroll down near the bottom of the page and click on "My Usage and Current Cost"

3. At the very bottom of this page, you will see your Green Button, click on it.

4. When you open the downloaded file, you will see something similar to this:

This is an error, as what is supposed to show is your energy usage data.

Your help and patience is much appreciated.

This is the latest from Toronto Hydro,

Dear Mo Anwar,

Thank you for your reply.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing; however, prior to last weeks email to us we were unaware of the problem you were having with the green down load button on the PowerLens portal. Rest assured the matter has been escalated to our Quality Department for investigation. At this time there is no E.T.A.

Below is the monthly usage for the last few months:

February 2019
    139.43 off-peak
    35.13 mid-peak
    36.82 on-peak

January 2019
    960.1 off-peak
    254.18 mid-peak
    252.83 on-peak

December 2018
    1013.62 off-peak
    215.6 mid-peak
    217.24 on-peak

We’re here to help, therefore if you require any additional information, please email [email protected] or for immediate assistance contact our Customer Care Department at (416) 542-8000, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. Monday through Friday (excluding statutory holidays).

Kindest regards,

Rose
    Toronto Hydro-Electric System Limited
    Customer Care Department
    [email protected]
    (416) 542-8000