Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

OhmHour API Malfunctioning?

BryanLBryanL San Gabriel, CAPosts: 5Member

The OhmHour API has been reporting "Active" inaccurately all day. Is anyone else seeing this on their account?

Answers

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 581Member

@Bryan Li, can you post a screenshot of that section of the page? In my case, it shows "None", but the link on my Settings page no longer takes me to my OH status page. If I hover the cursor over the text for my page, it shows me at the bottom of the page that the link is really to the settings page, so clicking on the supposed link merely takes me to the top of the settings page. Now at the top of that page, there is a Meter Status that shows "Active". You aren't by any chance confusing that "Meter Status" with "OhmHour Status", are you? I now have to copy the text of my status page and manually paste it to the URL address bar to get to the proper page. I realize it's been almost 7 hours since you posted, so a problem might have existed earlier and I just had no reason to check "til I read your post.

• jserramcjserramc Posts: 242Member

I notice that posts like this one, or others recently added, are not showing the yellow "new" status under recent discussions....I check this forum daily and read the "new" posts but today all those posted yesterday are not showing "new"

• Steve ESteve E Posts: 329Member, Moderator

@jserramc said:
    I notice that posts like this one, or others recently added, are not showing the yellow "new" status under recent discussions....I check this forum daily and read the "new" posts but today all those posted yesterday are not showing "new"

I'm not sure about this, but I have notifications set to email me on new posts and I did get an email regarding your post. So that is at least working as expected

• jserramcjserramc Posts: 242Member

I have notifications set this way also and have never gotten an email. VEry frustrating.

@jserramc and @Steve E, are you guys familiar with the term Hijacking a Thread? I suggest your side discussion be moved to its own separate thread.

If none of the new moderators have the tools to create the new thread, and then move these comments to it, you need to be requesting those tools (Delete, Merge, Move, Edit) be turned on; otherwise you can't really do any moderating.

@AKPsi BAAC Chapter, do you still have these tools available to you? If so, can you make sure the new guys are brought up to speed (if they just haven't been shown how to use the tools), or ask @samklee to turn on the tools? Then somebody can merge all the many threads on buddy solicitation.

• BryanLBryanL San Gabriel, CAPosts: 5Member

@John K -- The ACTIVE i'm referring to is in their "verify-ohm-hour" API call. It's returning true when there is no active OhmHour showing on my account. You can find the URL for the API at the bottom of the account settings page:

It's 2:05 PM right now and it's reporting "True" even though there is no active OhmHour:

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,495Member, Moderator

@Bryan Li

Have you contacted support directly about this?

I contacted them a few days ago, and they have asked if I have multiple accounts. I do not - so still waiting for a follow up to that response. I'm just wondering if anyone else is experiencing similar issues or if this is somehow isolated to my account.

I've temporarily disabled the API check in my home automation as it's becoming very troublesome with devices turning on and off

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,495Member, Moderator

@samklee Can you have someone look into this?

I'm not seeing similar issues. The API for me reports NONE

• Steve ESteve E Posts: 329Member, Moderator

@UkiwiS said:
    @samklee Can you have someone look into this?

I'm not seeing similar issues. The API for me reports NONE

FYI - It also shows None for me

@John K said:
    . . . so clicking on the supposed link merely takes me to the top of the settings page . . . I now have to copy the text of my status page and manually paste it to the URL address bar to get to the proper page.

@samklee, can you also look into why the API status page link is no longer clickable -- at least if you want to get to the proper page.

• lepohmlepohm Posts: 13Member

@BryanL My API has been flip flopping through none, false, true all day (1/25). So you are not the only one. Also according to the API responses I had an ohm hour from 3pm-4pm today?

• lepohmlepohm Posts: 13Member

FYI, API has been responding with ohm hour events for both sat and sun. As @BryanL already mention it is becoming very troublesome with all my automated switches turning on and off. And I'm not alone, a friend of mine experienced exactly the same API responses this weekend, so ohmconnect is most likely testing / experimenting. However it will be greatly appreciated if they "hint: @samklee" gave us a heads up next time!

• samkleesamklee Posts: 62Member, Administrator, Moderator

I'm looking at this issue right now. Thanks for letting me know!

@samklee -- Could you let us know if it's been fixed? Would prefer to have confirmation that it's working before re-enabling my automations for OhmConnect. Thanks.