Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

No payouts for SCE customers

2»

Comments

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,607Member, Moderator
  • taZZZkittytaZZZkitty Posts: 89Member

I didn't even notice this issue until today because it took this long to build up enough to be able to even cash out. First time since the streak bonus got busted down. I'm still kind of processing the information and the fact that I might have just sat in the dark for the past couple of months for not only a small amount of money but maybe for nothing? How is this our fault? Why are we getting punished? Maybe they could have at least emailed all of the SCE users and let them know about the issue, let them cash out what they had up until then and let them know that was the last time until the issue is settled so if we continued to participate, that is our gamble? This just seems really messed up!

• Jeremy LeeJeremy Lee Posts: 6Member
    edited March 29

I attempted reaching out to SCE via Facebook messenger, referencing the article https://www.ohmconnect.com/faq/current-known-issues/cashouts-disabled-for-sce-users, and got this one-liner response:

"SCE is not responsible for any credits or payments OhmConnect may have committed to make to its customers. Thank you."

It's completely unfair that we, the customers, are being asked to mediate between Ohmconnect and SCE. At some point this needs to get escalated and resolved another way without making customers do the work to be able to cash out again.

Also, is it too much to ask from Ohmconnect that we be allowed to opt-out of all future Ohmhours without losing our streaks, etc until this whole SCE fiasco is resolved? It doesn't sit right the idea that we have to work harder to sit in the dark with zero assurance of any future payouts - I don't think anybody likes the idea of working for free unless they've volunteered for it. We did not "volunteer" for this.

• JRocketJRocket Posts: 30Member
    @Jeremy Lee agreed. SCE users should be able to opt out without repercussion while our points are being held hostage. I wonder if the CA news/media knows what’s going on here with the OhmConnect/SCE feud. A real PR nightmare in my opinion. Surprised I haven’t seen anything yet. CA is a huge state and I’m sure OhmConnect has a lion shares of SCE users who are pretty irate. As I’ve said before, I think this a way to get people that rightfully worked hard to earn streaks, “those who sit in the dark” or “circuit breaker people” to give up on OmhConnect, thereby essentially “writing off” our streaks and status as abandoned to affect the company bottom line during tough times. $20 avg. points payout x 10 SCE customers abandoned = $200 saved. $20 avg. points payout x 100 SCE customers = $2000 saved. $20 avg. points payout x 5000 SCE customers = $ 100,000.00 not to mention the residual affects because once your status resets you barely earn anything without streaks/multipliers. Speaking of which, has anyone seen the HBO special, The Inventor? Good movie about a tech startup.
  • a381a381 Posts: 2Member

yes of course looking for new news

• JRocketJRocket Posts: 30Member

FYI...been getting the run around because for some reason SCE third party data to OhmConnect was having issues as mentioned in the Known Issues section. BAD NEWS however is that.....OHMCONNECT IS NO LONGER AN AUTHORIZED VENDOR ON THE SCE WEBSITE FOR THIRD PARTY DATA. I have the screen shots to prove it. Yoozas this is getting serious for all SCE customers!!! What are we going to do?

• slinthicumslinthicum Posts: 1Member

Below is a message I sent to the people at customer service over the weekend. Even though there was a promise someone would get back to me. no response......

In reading the messages it appears you are having challenges with SCE, and I suspect, given the fairly recent PG&E Chapter 11 filing, you are not doubt a creditor and have not been paid all that is owed. The challenge you face is what I'll characterize as a lack of transparency with regard to problems you are facing. Unless I feel you are being honest with participants, my decision will be to sever my involvement as a participant. Please advise me and other participants as to what is going on. I'm reluctant to continue involvement if the pay day is simply a chance to win something.

• Jeremy LeeJeremy Lee Posts: 6Member
    edited April 2

This is a culmination of poorly managed utilities who don't care for or value their customers. Every time I've called SCE, it's just a mess trying to get in touch with someone who knows what they're talking about. Before this there were issues with getting a rebate back for my Ecobee and nearly every rep I spoke with at SCE had no clue what to do. So I'm guessing that's a huge factor in all of this.
    I mean, if you think about it, what other option do we have as far as someone who would supply our electricity? Move? Yea, that's about it. I think both SCE and Ohmconnect know there's not really much we can do other than complain about it and so there is little priority given to remediating any of this. It's easier just to sit there and for SCE and Ohmconnect to point fingers at each other, asking the customers to "referee" everything in the meantime.

I'm fed up with all this, and particularly the fact that nobody on the Ohmconnect side has been providing any updates in this thread (obviously you guys are well-aware of the conversation) or anywhere else.

• DdrumDdrum Posts: 2Member

Still no updates...still no details on the issue. We'll just have to abandon Ohmconnect soon - it's a real shame.

• joePjoeP Huntington BeachPosts: 4Member

Yet they have enough money for prizes and paying peoples electric bill for a year. Big slap in the face to SCE people. They need to pay us first shut SCE people down tell resolved...if resolved.

• ag28ag28 Posts: 7Member

Ohm Connect filed a complaint with the Public Utilities Commission against SCE - but it was only for the lack of data that they are receiving. Nothing in the complaint notes a lack of payment by SCE. Not sure if that complaint was filed with a different agency. No response showing on the PUC website yet.

http://docs.cpuc.ca.gov/PublishedDocs/Efile/G000/M270/K419/270419349.PDF

• SFPowerSaverSFPowerSaver SFPosts: 43Member

Good find. Here's an interesting tidbit from that:

OhmConnect has contracted to supply SCE up to 5.55 M'W in 2016,14.15 MV in 2017, 52.36 MW in 2018, and up to 86.86 MW in 2019.

So OhmConnect is able to provide even more demand response to SCE this year than before.

• ag28ag28 Posts: 7Member

@SFPowerSaver said:
    Good find. Here's an interesting tidbit from that:

OhmConnect has contracted to supply SCE up to 5.55 M'W in 2016,14.15 MV in 2017, 52.36 MW in 2018, and up to 86.86 MW in 2019.

So OhmConnect is able to provide even more demand response to SCE this year than before.

Not if all the SCE customers boycott OhmConnect for lack of payment ...

• mksy3126mksy3126 Posts: 1Member

This was posted on their FB page about an hour ago in response to someone's question about payouts -

Happy news for your Monday :D : The dispute we were experiencing with SCE has been resolved and cashout will be turned back on and available for all OhmConnect customers by the end of this week. We are thrilled that this progress has been made just in time for the launch of MEGA Summer, the most exciting time to be an OhmConnect customer. Stay tuned for more details of this promotion in the coming weeks!

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 585Member
    edited May 14

Surely this can't be correct. Sam would certainly have announced it here on the company's own member forum wouldn't he.

• DarrenTDarrenT Posts: 62Member

@John K said:
    Surely this can't be correct. Sam would certainly have announced it here on the company's own member forum wouldn't he.

If not that, at least on the Known Issues page.

• cwiedcwied San MateoPosts: 137Member

There was an announcement posted yesterday at 1pm PDT, but that appears to have been deleted. I assume there might have been some late issues. Are SCE cash-outs still blocked?

• DarrenTDarrenT Posts: 62Member

@cwied said:
    There was an announcement posted yesterday at 1pm PDT, but that appears to have been deleted. I assume there might have been some late issues. Are SCE cash-outs still blocked?

They sure are.

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,607Member, Moderator

@samklee
    Is there any update you can report here?

• Poemcrazy1Poemcrazy1 Posts: 2Member
    Just cashed out now. The problem is solved with sce.
  • samkleesamklee Posts: 72Member, Administrator, Moderator

hey everyone, yes SCE cashout is unblocked. We reached a resolution with SCE. @cwied you are correct, I posted an announcement about SCE cash-outs being restored but removed it quickly after realizing there were still a number of loose ends that needed taking care of.

• SpartanracerxSpartanracerx Posts: 7Member
    pge now affected
  • Richard strangeRichard strange SoCalPosts: 71Member
    edited July 2

@samklee said:
    hey everyone, yes SCE cashout is unblocked. We reached a resolution with SCE. @cwied you are correct, I posted an announcement about SCE cash-outs being restored but removed it quickly after realizing there were still a number of loose ends that needed taking care of. >

@samklee I Just tried to cash out and it's saying it's now back to saying unavailable again?
    You guys need to be more forthright about this type of thing!

• samkleesamklee Posts: 72Member, Administrator, Moderator

Hey Everyone, cash-outs were blocked last night after we surfaced a mindboggling number of points went out in a 24 hour period. And we're not talking "awesome, it's a busy summer and everyone is reducing" number of points" more like, "there's no way 100k users all used baseline boosts at the same OhmHour" number of points going out.

We found the problem and now we just need to implement a data correction (being authored even as I write this post.)

• kfsocalkfsocal Posts: 1Member

Cash-outs are on and then they're off, on and off. Would be nice to email us to let us know when they are on or off. I don't check every day, but the last few times I tried to cash out, they were off. So now I am reading about all this going on for months and months. Please let me know when I can cash out again. You are great to tell me when to power down, etc so why can't you let me/us know when we can or can not cash-out. Thanks.

• jserramcjserramc Posts: 333Member

I cashed out today (PGE) so you might try now.

• No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Posts: 404Member

I cashed out today. SCE user. SCE has been estimating my usage, so even when I flip my breakers, they very helpfully fill in an estimated number I should be using. I have lost my streak, lost points due to negative points, lost my status. So, to keep from losing more points, I cashed out. Let the negative points accumulate while SCE continues to estimate my usage. OC is also losing out since they are getting those numbers and not the actual ZERO usage.