Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

How Can I Have an Error on the 1099 Corrected?

CyndyCyndy Orange CountyPosts: 2Member

It looks like there's an error on my social security number on the 1099-MISC that I received. Is it possible to have that corrected? If so, how?

Also, in looking for an answer I came across a message talking about income being reported in box 3 and box 7. Mine is reported in box 7. Is that the form I should use?

Thanks!

Answers

• Steve ESteve E Posts: 329Member, Moderator

@Cyndy said:
    It looks like there's an error on my social security number on the 1099-MISC that I received. Is it possible to have that corrected? If so, how?

Also, in looking for an answer I came across a message talking about income being reported in box 3 and box 7. Mine is reported in box 7. Is that the form I should use?

Thanks!

The original forms were incorrect and had the information reported in box 7. Corrected forms were sent out with the amounts correctly reported in box 3. You should have received a corrected form on or around 2/5. I personally received my updated form 11:56 PM timestamp on 2/5. It was from Tax1099 Support.

You might want to check your junk mail folder just in case it ended up there

• cwiedcwied San MateoPosts: 131Member

FWIW, I received only a paper form with the incorrect reporting so far. I've checked junk folders and have not received any electronic versions even though I filled out the consent.

• CyndyCyndy Orange CountyPosts: 2Member
    I received the corrected form but my SSN is still incorrect. Still need to know how to have it fixed.
  • cwiedcwied San MateoPosts: 131Member

Just as an update: I've now received my corrected paper form.

• Heather R. WeatherHeather R. Weather Posts: 125Member

@Cyndy said:
    I received the corrected form but my SSN is still incorrect. Still need to know how to have it fixed.

Maybe reach out to Sharron - she was really helpful and responsive to me when I inquired about the box 7 issue.

[email protected]

• magickalmagickal Posts: 1Member
    Still waiting on my 1099. Anyone else? I completed the authorization form to receive electronically but no correspondence whatsoever since. Please help! I'd like to file my taxes ASAP.
  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,595Member, Moderator
    edited February 21

@magickal said:
    Still waiting on my 1099. Anyone else? I completed the authorization form to receive electronically but no correspondence whatsoever since. Please help! I'd like to file my taxes ASAP.

Did you reach the $600 threshold? Perhaps you were a little under and they didn't send one. You can check by downloading your CSV file and totaling the amount paid in the calendar year. Paypal also have that sort of option which is probably easier to use. Another option is to reach out to Sharron using the email shown above, posted by Heather on 2/12.

• Heather R. WeatherHeather R. Weather Posts: 125Member

@magickal said:

Yes, reach out to Sharron...shes been great! I hadn't received mine and she re-sent it (though it was the first I had seen) and that worked immediately. It was weird since their system showed it had been sent and it hadnt. It's unfortunate there have been so many issues needing proactive measures on our part but at least they have addressed everything quickly in my experience.