Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

What is being a part of a team doing for me?

I bust my ass to make sure I am able to flip the breaker on time for all ohm hours. I joined a team and for the past 2 or 3 ohm hours, the team has gone way over the forcasted usage. I would not be surprised to find out that I may be the only participant who is trying to conserve during ohm connect hours. The team earned 0 points for the past 2 Ohm connect hours. What good is the team doing for me? If this team continues to go over the forcasted usage... will I still make any points and or will my earning suffer and will I make less than I would if I were not part of this team? If being a part of this team is going to hurt my earnings even by 1 point a year, I do not want to be part of this team or any team. Please give me some advice and incite about whether or not to quit the team

Answers

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 581Member

@steviestrawberry, you can relax. The good news is that the team's performance cannot hurt your individual results/awards. The bad news is that the team's performance cannot help your individual results/awards.

BTW, I'd be shocked if the results on your team page are accurate . . . ours certainly aren't and OC has no intention of fixing it. I hope this insight doesn't incite bad behavior.

• NlindsayNlindsay San Diego Posts: 63Member

@steviestrawberry
    As far as i know, the "Teams" page needs some fixing. You can read more about teams here.
    I was on a team that kept going over forecast too so i just left.

• steviestrawberrysteviestrawberry Posts: 2Member

John K, you said ' you can relax. The good news is that the team's performance cannot hurt your individual results/awards. The bad news is that the team's performance cannot help your individual results/awards'. If this is the case, for what reason should I be on a team. From what I understood, being on a team is supposed to help me earn more money and points. How can I tell if I am earning more from being on a team or if I am earning the same amount of points/$$ or if I am earning the same amount if i were not on a team. If being on a team does not help me earn more money and points then why am I on a team?

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,495Member, Moderator
    edited April 2

@steviestrawberry said:
    From what I understood, being on a team is supposed to help me earn more money and points.

Where did you get this idea?

You earn nothing additional for being on a team. You also lose nothing by being on a team. It's a a net Zero...there is no difference whether you participate in a team or do not.

Here's some more info.
    https://www.ohmconnect.com/faq/participating-in-ohmhours/what-are-teams

If you don't like your team, you can leave it by clicking the "Leave Team" button...