Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

OHMCONNECT NO LONGER AN APPROVED THIRD PARTY DATA VENDOR FOR SCE CUSTOMERS

JRocketJRocket Posts: 30Member

So 5-6 weeks ago I had the dreaded "Known Issue" occur on my OhmConnect account because supposedly something went wacky with the SCE data feed taking my Diamond status back down to bronze. In any case I went in and re-authorized OhmConnect in the SCE website since that time a total of 4 times as each time I was told something different from OhmConnect on why the authorization was not going through. Today, I received a new article from OhmConnect (https://www.ohmconnect.com/faq/getting-started/how-to-reauthorize-your-utility-sce) instructing me to revoke all 5 of my prior data authorizations to OhmConnect and start a new fresh one with SCE. Well, low and behold, I went into SCE and revoked them all and guess what happens when you try to authorize OhmConnect as a third party vendor???......NADA. OhmConnect is no longer listed as an authorized vendor according to SCE....the feud between SCE and OhmConnect over 8 million dollars must be ramping up...so what does that mean for all of us OhmConnect customers????? Anyone care to provide input? Anyone from OhmConnect on why you are no longer an authorized vendor according to them? I have the screenshots of all the other 40-50 vendors.

Answers

• taZZZkittytaZZZkitty Posts: 89Member

My connection between SCE and OC just got disconnected last week and I got it reconnected with no problems. It just took several days. My account has been fine for a few days now.

• samkleesamklee Posts: 72Member, Administrator, Moderator

@JRocket said:
    So 5-6 weeks ago I had the dreaded "Known Issue" occur on my OhmConnect account because supposedly something went wacky with the SCE data feed taking my Diamond status back down to bronze. In any case I went in and re-authorized OhmConnect in the SCE website since that time a total of 4 times as each time I was told something different from OhmConnect on why the authorization was not going through. Today, I received a new article from OhmConnect (https://www.ohmconnect.com/faq/getting-started/how-to-reauthorize-your-utility-sce) instructing me to revoke all 5 of my prior data authorizations to OhmConnect and start a new fresh one with SCE. Well, low and behold, I went into SCE and revoked them all and guess what happens when you try to authorize OhmConnect as a third party vendor???......NADA. OhmConnect is no longer listed as an authorized vendor according to SCE....the feud between SCE and OhmConnect over 8 million dollars must be ramping up...so what does that mean for all of us OhmConnect customers????? Anyone care to provide input? Anyone from OhmConnect on why you are no longer an authorized vendor according to them? I have the screenshots of all the other 40-50 vendors.

@JRocket Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We first noticed this issue back in Dec. 2018, however, it was a difficult issue to pin down as very few users had this problem and the path towards evidencing the problem wasn't consistent. I started to make a list of users that had this issue. We brought it up to SCE a month ago and they said it was due to a bug that they were aware of and were fixing.

It seems that it is still persistent and that is troubling. I'll dig into the issue again and try to document what is triggering the issue with our long-time users.

JRocket, were you moved over to Lancaster Choice Energy? I noticed some of our users were changed over from SCE to LCE.

Sam

• JRocketJRocket Posts: 30Member

@samklee still with SCE in Ventura County

• JRocketJRocket Posts: 30Member

@Sabreena @samklee just double checked the SCE website again. 30-40 other vendors listed and OhmConnect is not one of them. I'll call SCE tomorrow to get to the bottom of why OhmConnect is no longer listed and report back.

• hayjude777hayjude777 Tehachapi Ca.Posts: 49Member
    I am still having this problem as of a week ago, I hope now I'm connected, but my status is still not fixed and 3 OHMs hours I was asked to participate in and did are not counted in my account, and what is counted wasn't done with the right status, and Scott hasn't been of any help, I've asked so many times that it be fixed but it hasn't been.
  • CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 232Member
    I followed-up on an issue every week starting May on 7th and progressed from "thanks for bringing this up, we'll have someone take a look" to "still taking a closer look" to "my ticket is in the engineering queue" to "our engineers are looking into answers now" to "we lost a couple of engineers recently, and still trying to move forward"

I wish OhmConnect would post somewhere about what issues are being addressed and which ones are queued up and giving a little insight into the lack of employees helping. So if you're experiencing a lag on getting something addressed, I hope this gives you insight.
  • CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 232Member
    I followed-up on an issue every week starting May on 7th and progressed from "thanks for bringing this up, we'll have someone take a look" to "still taking a closer look" to "my ticket is in the engineering queue" to "our engineers are looking into answers now" to "we lost a couple of engineers recently, and still trying to move forward"

I wish OhmConnect would post somewhere about what issues are being addressed and which ones are queued up and giving a little insight into the lack of employees helping. So if you're experiencing a lag on getting something addressed, I hope this gives you insight.
  • medgrl726medgrl726 Posts: 1Member
    My SCE is connected but it seems like points awarded for each OhmHour are much lower than they were last year! Wondering if this is still worth it for less than $2 each time...
  • Mary_Sean_KorkosMary_Sean_Korkos Lancaster Ca 93536Posts: 45Member

@JRocket said:
    @Sabreena @samklee just double checked the SCE website again. 30-40 other vendors listed and OhmConnect is not one of them. I'll call SCE tomorrow to get to the bottom of why OhmConnect is no longer listed and report back.

I was just looking on SCE,
    at the demand response tab,

It shows OhmConnect all the way at bottom of page, under the I-P tab of
    3rd party damand response programs.