Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

SCE USERS - Petition to have OhmConnect Hour Events/Status FROZEN until SCE Payout Resolved

JRocketJRocket Posts: 30Member
edited April 1 in General Discussion

I for one do not feel SCE OhmConnect users should be punished and have to continue to be compelled to participate in OhmConnect hours because as they state in the "Known Issues" post, OhmConnect "simply cannot afford to continue to pay you for saving electricity if we don’t get paid." Therefore, since we cannot afford to be paid and until that situation is resolved, we should not have to sit in the dark and participate in OhmHours in fear of loosing our streaks that some of us have spent months/years attaining. Anyone else support this rationale? Please comment below. If we get enough responses maybe they will help all of us SCE customers out. Least they can do considering we cannot cash out.

Answers

• MRoemelenMRoemelen Posts: 3Member
    Agreed!
  • cwiedcwied San MateoPosts: 109Member

It's not quite as good as a real freeze, but you could just set your participation hours to none like you would for a vacation. This way you won't get OhmHours any more. You will still lose your streak as older OhmHours age out, but that will take longer and hopefully give OhmConnect enough time to come up with a plan to address the situation.

• DarrenTDarrenT Posts: 59Member

At this point I just want to be paid out what I'm owed so I can move on. That was my plan to begin with late last year when all the changes were being announced but couldn't because I had almost a dozen ohmhours pending results for over two months. The issues finally got resolved and soon after they stopped allowing SCE users from cashing out (never announced ahead of time, just blocked and forwarded to a message indicating that they haven't been paid in 8 months). Funny how that works.

I think what they fail to understand is we have no leverage over SCE. We can't go to them and say "hey, you need to respect my energy savings and pay OhmConnect". I find it hard to believe SCE is simply refusing to pay OhmConnect, especially if they're legally obligated to. Unfortunately, we only get one side of the story, and instead of taking legal action against SCE, they're asking customers to do something about it. Something has just feels off about this situation, and I'm tempted to just shut everything down and consider the $70 in points that's been frozen a lost cause (monetarily not a big deal, but the time and effort it took is what annoys me).

• Mike DavisMike Davis Posts: 8Member

I've set my OhmConnect participation to zero until this is resolved. OhmConnect used to great now they've reduced payouts and can't even pay what they agreed to. Flawed business model.

• basketballmom10basketballmom10 Lake Elsinore CaPosts: 4Member
    > @JRocket said:
    > I for one do not feel SCE OhmConnect users should be punished and have to continue to be compelled to participate in OhmConnect hours because as they state in the "Known Issues" post, OhmConnect "simply cannot afford to continue to pay you for saving electricity if we don’t get paid." Therefore, since we cannot afford to be paid and until that situation is resolved, we should not have to sit in the dark and participate in OhmHours in fear of loosing our streaks that some of us have spent months/years attaining. Anyone else support this rationale? Please comment below. If we get enough responses maybe they will help all of us SCE customers out. Least they can do considering we cannot cash out.

I agree with this!
  • basketballmom10basketballmom10 Lake Elsinore CaPosts: 4Member
    I agree with this and would love to sign a petition
  • Jeremy LeeJeremy Lee Posts: 6Member

I agree

@Mike Davis said:
    I've set my OhmConnect participation to zero until this is resolved. OhmConnect used to great now they've reduced payouts and can't even pay what they agreed to. Flawed business model.

How do you set your participation to zero btw?

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,495Member, Moderator

@Jeremy Lee said:
    How do you set your participation to zero btw?

Change your availability to something like 3-4 am. Top right, click settings then look for "#OhmHour Timing"

• acosta-jendacosta-jend Posts: 1Member
    I signed up a few
    Months ago and had no idea about the SCE freeze out. I think if ohm connect was really that transparent they would have informed you when signing up.
  • JRocketJRocket Posts: 30Member

I'm glad we are gaining some traction here but just not as many users as I had hoped. Keep spreading the word. The solution to the problem is NOT adjusting your OHM Hours window. That is not a transparent company looking out for their users. In fact, what everyone is failing to understand here is that you CAN adjust your OHM Hours to be proactive but you will destroy your streak and status. The OhmConnect team reads these I'm sure and yet no response, action or survey on their behalf. I think it just goes to show how much they care or "don't care" about their user base. I wonder how many SCE customers aren't being vocal and just gave up on OhmConnect without voicing their opinions. I'm interested in speaking to all those SCE customer who had points that are payable but just gave up and are the silent majority. OhmConnect still has not sent an email or updated their SCE users.

• Sabreena Sabreena Posts: 89Member

Has anyone here actually contacted their representative like OC recommended? I contacted SCE on Facebook but they never answered me so I don't know if my message got forwarded to a supervisor or anyone higher up like I asked. I really hope this gets settled before the summer OHs start! Last year I made over a thousand dollars on OC and while I didn't really expect to make quite that much after the changes to the streaks, I was hoping to at least offset my summer electric bills.

edited April 16

@Sabreena said:
    Has anyone here actually contacted their representative like OC recommended? I contacted SCE on Facebook but they never answered me so I don't know if my message got forwarded to a supervisor or anyone higher up like I asked. I really hope this gets settled before the summer OHs start! Last year I made over a thousand dollars on OC and while I didn't really expect to make quite that much after the changes to the streaks, I was hoping to at least offset my summer electric bills.

I tried and they (SCE) basically told me that this isn't their problem and basically pointed the finger back at OC. At this point, it seems like we're SOL. I'm not really sure what else to do when OC obviously sees these threads yet gives zero response. I suppose filing a complaint with BBB and perhaps elsewhere might be in order.

No, I meant how somewhere OC says that we should contact our government representative. Has anyone done that yet? I guess we are supposed to get them to contact SCE and advocate for us? Just wondering if anyone has done that and what to say and if it will actually work.

What's stupid about all of this is the users aren't compensated directly by the utility, so to go to them and say "hey you owe OhmConnect money" isn't going to do anything. If SCE owes OhmConnect money, OhmConnect should be bringing legal action against SCE. The fact that this hasn't happened makes me believe there is something fishy going on. If I don't get paid by my employer, I don't go after their customers to get paid, I go after my employer. The fact that OhmConnect thinks this is any different is really frustrating. And what's more frustrating is the fact that SCE customers that still have points they haven't been able to cash out will essentially forfeit those points if they choose to NOT participate in events (according to their terms, 3 months of inactivity wipes out everything).

So yes, while it is possible for us to "limit" our hours so we don't have to participate until cashing out is enabled again, you can basically say goodbye to any points you have sitting in limbo.

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 581Member

@DarrenT said:
    (according to their terms, 3 months of inactivity wipes out everything).

So yes, while it is possible for us to "limit" our hours so we don't have to participate until cashing out is enabled again, you can basically say goodbye to any points you have sitting in limbo.

Can you provide a link to the terms where this info is provided? This is the first I've heard of it.

OhmConnect requires active membership to ensure successful participation in energy markets. To that end, user accounts will expire three (3) months from the date of the last qualifying activity event. If a user fails to have any qualifying activity events in three (3) months, the user account will become inactive and all points, awards, rewards, and promotional incentives will be forfeited. A qualifying activity event includes:

Confirming participation and reducing energy during an #OhmHour, Posting OhmConnect related activities to social media (i.e., Facebook), Purchasing an item from the OhmConnect Store, Connecting a device to the OhmConnect service, Inviting new members to activate with the OhmConnect service

https://www.ohmconnect.com/terms-of-use

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 581Member

@DarrenT, thank you.

I think they do have some sort of legal action against SCE. I saw someone ask OC on their FB page for an update just a few days ago and OC said "Since the discussions with SCE are ongoing, we’re not at liberty to discuss the legal details with customers." And just yesterday they said on FB that they are hopeful that they are going to resolve this soon. But I guess they've been saying that all along so not sure if that really means much. I just want it fixed in time to earn some decent cash over the summer! Summer AC bills suck!

• Cali love Cali love Posts: 8Member
    Did OC really just asked us to fight their war with SCE? What a joke!! They better add me to payroll first if I'm going to do their job!! You'd think they would of notified me about disabling my cashouts with the same quickness they were at letting me know my last two ohm hours sucked balls and knocking off my points...
  • JonathanKJonathanK Posts: 1Member

I think OHM is actually lucky they haven't been sued yet. I know they said that SCE pays them, then they pay us. But as someone else stated, you don't go after the customers, you go after the employers, at this point, we don't deal with SCE. We deal with OHM, even if SCE doesn't pay OHM, they legally still have to pay us. I would not be shocked if someone brings a civil suit against OHM. In the end, it's not our problem if SCE doesn't pay OHM. We did our part, and our deal is with OHM, not SCE, that's all on OHM to take care of.

• Cali love Cali love Posts: 8Member
    @JonathanK you're comment was right on point.. 💯💯