Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

how do I quit?

I am no longer interested in participating in the Ohm community. how do I remove my account and personal information?

Best Answers

Answers

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,579Member, Moderator

@chaosreins If you can stick it out for a couple of months and the points will be coming back. Of course I've jumped to the conclusion that you want to quit because you're no longer scoring points. I might be totally off base.

• CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAPosts: 232Member
    Yeah, summer is right around the corner where the most number of OhmHours occur. I highly recommend (at the very least) sticking it out til then. If things aren't good at OhmConnect's best, then that makes a lot more sense if people would then like to quit.
  • JRocketJRocket Posts: 30Member

@chaosreins are you an SCE customer? Just interested. Thanks.

• neococogneococog Posts: 3Member

I was going to quit as well after all the nerfing that's happened, but the way I see it is just leave it on. If sometimes I end up beating the OhmHour, great. If not, oh well. It's not like you'll owe anything for negative points anyway.

• julie-7julie-7 Posts: 4Member
    edited June 25

I am extremely frustrated with this program! I began doing this not for money or prizes or notoriety, but simply to see if I could do my part to help save the world. Instead I'm stuck with this complicated setup that requires that, if any little thing changes in my wifi or home setup, I have to drag the refrigerators out from the wall to access their plugs (I am 80 years old, btw) or get down on my hands and knees to access the plugs in the wall, and then TRY to get the plugs to reset, which I'm forced to do using my cell phone (WHY can't I do this on my computer?), and then I am stuck in that awkward position for a minute or two while I wait for the thing to come online. Most of the time it doesn't work.

I have generally subscribed to the philosophy described by #neococog, but since no one else in my household is interested in this program — or even understands why I'm doing it — I'm about to quit.

• jserramcjserramc Posts: 299Member
    edited June 26

If you can put a power strip on your fridge plug and then plug your fridge into the power strip, you can probably put the strip (since it usually comes with a few feet of cord) in a more convenient place to operate it. Or if this is not possible, you might be able to open your fridge and freezer and set the dial inside the unit to zero for the ohm hour.