My OH on 6/6/19 from 8-9 pm has been scored but my graph is showing missing data for 6/3 and 6/4.
This has happened to me in the past when there was a gap in the data OhmConnect received from PG&E. When the missing data came in, the score was updated.
Missing data is the least of my worries, actually. SCE is reporting large usage numbers, even when my breakers are flipped. This mess isn't OhmConnect's fault, so I'm hoping SCE gets their act together soon. If my breakers are flipped and I'm still registering usage, whose electricity am I being charged for? Curious minds want to know.
Another -14 points for the 6/10 Mega OhmHour. Never mind that I flipped my breakers and used ZERO energy. Now I've also lost my streak. Even though this is SCE's fault, I have to wonder if OC will ever be able to make it all right when they do fix their numbers.
@samklee @[email protected] @Matt D
I hope you all realize this company is a scam if you research it further. I have four TBDs, some that are now a month old. I contacted them numerous times, and always got the one line response "we will look into it". They never have. But something you all should know, is that when you lose points, you get charged through SDG&E. I have yet to see anyone profit from this company. The worst is that they have their marketing down- the articles they have posted that they list under is Ohm Connect a scam was done by the company itself.
@ktkelner - I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but I've definitely profited from participating in the program. OC strikes me as a small company that may sometimes have trouble following up on individual issues (partly because they're dependent on cooperation from the utilities), but I don't think they're out to intentionally scam you.
Then why after a month of emailing the company seven times, did I only get a response after complaining on a forum? Then, not only do they not offer a way to fix the issue, say that they think something is wrong on my end. And when I went, checked what they recommended, and contacted SDG&E, it says it is connected and they can pull my energy usage? I have a screen shot included that supports I am connected to them, and they can pull my data? Which means the issue is on them, and they need to fix it, and they are not taking steps to do so.
My suspicion is that they're not getting data from SDG&E even though it's showing as connected. The utilities are typically not running the latest software and have truly arcane billing systems (you should see the detailed bill PG&E generates for me - hundreds of line items loaded with acronyms). I hope they continue working with you to find the issue. If it helps any, with the exception of occasional periods where it might take a week or two to get data, my experience has generally been good. That means there's hope that after they find your issue you will be able to participate successfully.
re original title for this discussion--thursday June 6 my area (SF) had a 2 hour power outage. My PGE usage still shows an estimate. Trying to contact PGE via their contact page is resulting in "Sorry we can't process your request at this time" so I can't get an answer yet from PGE why their page has not updated for this event 11 days ago.
I finally contacted them on July 5. The email contact on their web page worked for one message, ironically the one I asked does this link work, then when I submitted the entire question I got the sorry message. But speaking with them on the phone, they said my estimate would "probably" be corrected by the next billing cycle, which for me is mid July. Why it takes PGE 6-8 weeks to correct anything is boyond me. Right now I am "charged" for this 2 hour period when it should be zero or almost zero. How many customers have power outages (for at least an hour, not the minute variety) and it is never addressed? I'm sure their bankruptcy issues are not helping.
To return to my original problem, which SCE said would take 1-2 billing cycles to fix, I had an enlightening conversation with people at SCE today. SCE Billing Dept. told me they have been estimating my data since April, so ALL of my OhmHours since then have been epic fails, even though I flip my breakers. This affects OhmConnect, too, since they don't benefit by my saving energy for an OhmHour. SCE is sending someone out next week to look at my Smart Meter, but can't restore data, so for the last few months, I've lost my points, my status, my streak... everything! It looks like I'm not the only one. OC should be more concerned about this since they are also losing.