Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Ohm hour notification came in very late? What's the typical notice

monrautmonraut Posts: 7Member

Yesterday I got the 2 hour Mega-Ohm hour(7-9PM) notification at 6:30 PM. I had checked that the OHm hour page at 5 Pm just before leaving office & there was no OHM hour for the day. I had kept my phone on charging & I didn't see the notification. AT 7 PM my A/C stopped & I though Nest sometimes goes in ECO mode & it might be the case so I turned on the A/C again. AT 7:15 PM my wife noticed that the refrigerator is off & mentioned to me is it OHM hour (as I have a smart plug for the refrigerator). That's when I checked it was Mega 2-hr ohm hour. we stopped the A/C, fan, TV, other electronic devices but we still had to keep on electric gas & exhaust fan as we were still cooking. We usually plan our activities when we have ohm hour so prior notice is very important. I understand the there might be a situation where we have updates late but we should have got notice earlier in the day at least so that we could plan better not to mention that I could have missed my winning streak & the mega bonus. Did anyone else had such an experience?

Answers

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,577Member, Moderator
    edited June 12

@monraut said:
    Yesterday I got the 2 hour Mega-Ohm hour(7-9PM) notification at 6:30 PM. I had checked that the OHm hour page at 5 Pm just before leaving office & there was no OHM hour for the day. I had kept my phone on charging & I didn't see the notification. AT 7 PM my A/C stopped & I though Nest sometimes goes in ECO mode & it might be the case so I turned on the A/C again. AT 7:15 PM my wife noticed that the refrigerator is off & mentioned to me is it OHM hour (as I have a smart plug for the refrigerator). That's when I checked it was Mega 2-hr ohm hour. we stopped the A/C, fan, TV, other electronic devices but we still had to keep on electric gas & exhaust fan as we were still cooking. We usually plan our activities when we have ohm hour so prior notice is very important. I understand the there might be a situation where we have updates late but we should have got notice earlier in the day at least so that we could plan better not to mention that I could have missed my winning streak & the mega bonus. Did anyone else had such an experience?

https://www.ohmconnect.com/blog/blog-post/got-a-last-minute-2-hour-ohmhour-last-night-heres-why?fbclid=IwAR3wj5vFXylAN4rvEEyixtolRCZnQdOCghvKhitZVSI7tdjLQbDlEFOsDBU

This discussion has been closed.