Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Re: Does anyone put a smart plug on their modem/router?

This may be a silly question but, I have a smart plug in my office that automatically turns off my modem/router setup via OhmConnect. I am almost certain it has been coming back on after ohm hours are over. However, last night after the ohm hour was over, the plug didn't turn back on. Please enlighten me. What am I wrong about?

Answers

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,607Member, Moderator
    My modem, router, and a few other devices are plugged into a UPS. I do this as I want to remain connected during OhmHours. The UPS is slightly undersized and doesn't have enough juice to last an hour so rather than have everything power off when the UPS runs out, I have a schedule configured to turn the plug back on, midway through the hour. It runs every day, regardless of whether or not there is an OhmHour @ 6:30pm 7:30pm and 8:30pm. I set it and forget it and it's reliable. You could do a similar thing for your plug. Maybe have a "sweeper" schedule that turns the plug back on @ 9:05 pm daily?
  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,607Member, Moderator
    edited July 10
    @jonathanrobertss
    My modem, router, and a few other devices are plugged into a UPS. I do this as I want to remain connected during OhmHours. The UPS is slightly undersized and doesn't have enough juice to last an hour. Rather than have everything power off when the UPS runs out, I have a schedule configured to turn the plug back on, midway through the hour. It runs every day, regardless of whether or not there is an OhmHour @ 6:30pm, 7:30pm, and 8:30pm. I set it and forget it and it's reliable. You could do a similar thing for your plug. Maybe have a "sweeper" schedule that turns the plug back on @ 9:05 pm daily?
  • jonathanrobertssjonathanrobertss Posts: 3Member

Thank you. If I am ok with not having any internet (sometimes I just throw the breaker during ohm hours), will the plug turn on (which will turn on my internet) when power is restored?

• jonathanrobertssjonathanrobertss Posts: 3Member

I found the answer, "It stores previously connected network details even after taking it directly out of power outlet. ." This thread can be closed. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.