Has anyone had problems with their fridge needing repair?

I began ohm about half a year ago and I connected the device to my fridge to turn it off. I'm on my second repair; guy is coming out tomorrow. Last time the fridge was freezing on bottom shelves, and the freezer wasn't freezing. This time the freezer is not freezing again, and the fridge is not getting cold. Is it a coincidence or is cutting the power to my fridge 2-3 times a week causing issues? Thanks

Answers

• jessicaedavis79jessicaedavis79 Member Posts: 1

No, but I did learn the hard way to NOT flip the circuit breaker. I did so and broke the main circuit breaker switch thingy. No power for over 12 hours and I had to pay for a new main switch. So, all said and done; I am $264.59 plus $40.00 to install it, I am more impoverished, and I have only made just a smidge over $151.00. The PGE man that came out said the circuit breakers are not made to be flipped on and off once a week let alone twice. I think the same type of thing might be true for your fridge. They are not meant to be turned on and off.

• kerbykevkerbykev Member Posts: 2

I have my refrigerator connected to a wifi plug and it has been turning on and off automatically for every ohm hour for over a year and I have not had any problems.

• eroq77eroq77 Member Posts: 1

I have been dealing with my Samsung fridge freezing up the back wall inside the fridge section, off and on for a few years now. Called the local repair man, he says it's very common with LG and Samsung (both made in Korea). I've never had a Smart Plug on my fridge.

• Mary_Sean_KorkosMary_Sean_Korkos Lancaster Ca 93536Member Posts: 46

@eroq77 said
    I have been dealing with my Samsung fridge freezing up the back wall inside the fridge section, off and on for a few years now. Called the local repair man, he says it's very common with LG and Samsung (both made in Korea). I've never had a Smart Plug on my fridge.

@eroq77 ...
    I have a 2014 Samsung, and a 2015 LG,. THE Samsung had icemaker issues, but the auto defrost worked well. Sometimes hear a tapping noice, it was the compressor fan becoming ice bound. Repair guy says reset interior temp a cpl degrees higher, and refrain from compacting the area in front of cool air flow ducts. It reduces strain on compressor as well. if you keep the coils clean. Use a soft bristle brush, baby bottle brush, (reduces unnecesary risk of damaging the soft foil coils) and vacuum crevace tool to remove any dust or lint build up, once every 2 months as needed. Also try to keep unit a good 3 inch from wall for proper ventilation.😉 Also the defrosted water in our Samsung would pool and freeze under the Cool Select pantry drawer. Eventually overflowing out of the compartment, luckily it was a small inconvenience. An early indication of a water pool forming,
    1) the drawer begins freezing its fresh contents , 2) the easy glide drawer becomes difficult to slide in and out Simply lift drawer slightly, if water is pooling or frozen , remove drawer, clean out, replace drawer.
    The LG as mtter of fact, is set for its 4 service call. The water deposit from auto defrost flows into the freezer compartment. During the past 3 service calls, 1 ) Repaired poorly istalled , damaged insulation foil, keep foam insulation from absorbing thaw, 2) replaced leak in freon tube , sealed leak in hose, 3) replaced defrosting unit, and resealed defrost compressor. Extended Warranty Time... Home Depot protection plan no lemon policy thru Asurion is now in play. So we may be replacing the LG as well. 3rd times a charm they say.
    We still use the Samsung, and will keep using the LG, even if warranty provides replacement reimbursement. They are expensive appliances .,and these issues are easily remedied in just a few minutes. !
    Hope this helps.
    ** also I do use smart plugs on both... no issues have arisen due to Smart plugs.