Repeatedly Ignored by Customer Service

Is anyone having a hard time getting in touch with Customer Service?

I contacted Ohm Connect via the Help page (https://login.ohmconnect.com/help) on July 11 asking why I got dropped down to Silver Status if I still qualify for the Diamond level. It took 10 days to get any kind of response, and all they said was they'd look into it and get back to me. I contacted them again on July 27 and Aug 1 asking for an update and both times I was ignored. I started a new request thread on July 30 with the same question. I asked again in the original thread on August 3 and all they said was the same thing they said on July 21--they'd look into it and get back to me. They said the same thing on Aug 4 in the new thread--they'd look into it and get back to me. I also contacted them by email on Aug 1. I got a response by email on Aug 2 asking for more info, which I provided. I have not heard anything since that time in any of the avenues I've tried.

Anyone have similar issues getting responses or a real answer from them?

Comments

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoMember, Moderator Posts: 1,625
    @bryanfojtasek

Yes, it seems to be getting more and more common. They are small and have a LOT of customers and are getting more. Let's hope @samklee can escalate this for you.
  • @bryanfojtasek said:

I contacted Ohm Connect via the Help page (https://login.ohmconnect.com/help) on July 11 asking why I got dropped down to Silver Status if I still qualify for the Diamond level. It took 10 days to get any kind of response, and all they said was they'd look into it and get back to me. I contacted them again on July 27 and Aug 1 asking for an update and both times I was ignored. I started a new request thread on July 30 with the same question. I asked again in the original thread on August 3 and all they said was the same thing they said on July 21--they'd look into it and get back to me. They said the same thing on Aug 4 in the new thread--they'd look into it and get back to me. I also contacted them by email on Aug 1. I got a response by email on Aug 2 asking for more info, which I provided. I have not heard anything since that time in any of the avenues I've tried.

Hi Bryan, I'm sorry for the runaround you've been receiving. We have 3 different issues that affect status tier calculations at the moment.

1. Solar users. Some of our Solar users are dropping in their tiers due to the way we calculate baselines for solar users. We're still trying to determine the exact conditions that cause this and what the solution is. Ultimately, we need to be more mindful of only dispatching OhmHours for our Solar users when the Sun is still up, thereby obscuring their reductions during an OhmHour.
    2. Poor estimated data. For SCE in particular, we have been receiving very poor smart meter data is considerably different from actual usage. This is resulting in a number of issues for a small group of users.
    3. A bug in Status Calculations. There is currently a bug with status calculations that does not surface predicably.

Issues 1 and 2 are particularly challenging to solve. I believe you might be facing issue #3 since it doesn't appear you have solar. I sent over a bug ticket to an engineer to look at. There is an uptick with this issue, so you should see resolution quickly.

take care,
    Sam

• tryersontryerson Member Posts: 3
    I am having the same issue @samklee I have sent several messages and have not received any responses other than the computer generic response. It’s very frustrating since we are getting cheated out of points because of this issue. It used to be so quick and easy to get a response from someone but now it’s like we don’t exist. I don’t know what else to do other than post on here since they seem to respond here.
  • Adam WasserstromAdam Wasserstrom Member Posts: 2

I'm in the same boat, @bryanfojtasek. At least you are getting some sort of response though......I'm just hearing crickets.

I was dropped from Platinum to Silver status last year and was told "we'll look into it". I've been stuck at Silver ever since even though I qualify for Diamond. Yes, I am a solar user but all my Ohm hours have been coming from 7 - 8pm when the sun is setting so any solar contributions to the grid are negligible at that time. Doesn't matter though, despite whatever they are calculating my baseline at, I am still saving over 100% per Ohm Hour and stuck at Silver.

Been missing out on a ton of points as a result (especially during Mega Ohm Hours). Since this has been going on for over a year, it has not been fixed, and now I'm being ignored, I have little faith I'll see resolution any time soon.

• Crafty KateCrafty Kate Member Posts: 1
    Me too ! I’ve been asking about a cash out problem. No reply it’s been over a week :( normally they reply.
  • zachrob5zachrob5 Member Posts: 2
    I have started 5 different discussions with support over the last month and I can't get even a single response. If it just took a long time I could understand but right now there is no way to get any sort of help.
  • keliasullikeliasulli Member Posts: 1

Yeah, I can't get customer support to save my life and this isn't the first time. Right now, my points have suddenly dropped to the tune of ~90k...basically costing me $90, and it happened right after I got a bunch of referrals...nice reward. I'm so disappointed.

• CKWMCKWM Fremont, CAMember Posts: 243

This is my first time experiencing such a delay with customer service... it's been 2 weeks since I first reached out to Scott and he hasn't responded back. I feel like each time an OhmHour occurs, I never get the right amount of tokens awarded for my smartplug participation. I've been working with Scott since February 2019 off-and-on about this same issue in which he typically responds back within 2-3 business days - up until my last message to him on 8/18 in which he has not responded as of today (9/5). I too started a new General OhmConnect Support Chat window assistance about a week ago and still nothing... still waiting to hear back.

• tonykaytonykay Member Posts: 2

@samklee said:

@bryanfojtasek said:

Hi Bryan, I'm sorry for the runaround you've been receiving. We have 3 different issues that affect status tier calculations at the moment.

1. Solar users. Some of our Solar users are dropping in their tiers due to the way we calculate baselines for solar users. We're still trying to determine the exact conditions that cause this and what the solution is. Ultimately, we need to be more mindful of only dispatching OhmHours for our Solar users when the Sun is still up, thereby obscuring their reductions during an OhmHour.
    2. Poor estimated data. For SCE in particular, we have been receiving very poor smart meter data is considerably different from actual usage. This is resulting in a number of issues for a small group of users.
    3. A bug in Status Calculations. There is currently a bug with status calculations that does not surface predicably.

Issues 1 and 2 are particularly challenging to solve. I believe you might be facing issue #3 since it doesn't appear you have solar. I sent over a bug ticket to an engineer to look at. There is an uptick with this issue, so you should see resolution quickly.

take care,
    Sam

@samklee
    I've been asking about this for almost 3 months. Is there some reason your CS team is not responding any longer? Even providing the above information would be better. Also, as to #1 above, did you intend to say "more mindful of NOT dispatching Ohmhours for our Solar Users" as otherwise your comment doesn't make sense. Please advise.