Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

OC math does not add up

Anyone else get results like this? I cashed out so my total was zero. I doulble checked older entries and did not see anything that would account for this discrepancy. I realize it is only 2 cents but 2 cents multiplied by hundreds of users has to be account for. I asked OC about this last year when I encountered it but all they could say is that even though the points show one thing, your totals may be off by a few points. Here is a screenshot of my current totals earned and here is the total OC says I have.
Any one else notice that 209 + 329 + 306 does NOT equal 842?

Best Answer

Answers

• daniel-sidelskydaniel-sidelsky Posts: 20Member

It's only 2 points off... that's 2 cents. It's likely that the points you receive per Ohmhour are rounded on the dashboard, so even though it says 209 points you may have received 208.5 points.

• jserramcjserramc Posts: 326Member

I think their previous reply was something to the effect that the odd numbers are displayed as odd even though they are really more like an even number. and no rounding up, only down.

today my results did the same thing as a few days ago. I had 842 even with their bad math and today I earned 81 so 81 plus 842 now equals according to OC 922.

Surprise of all surprises, OC answered and actually agreed that my tallies should be what they were and awarded me my 3 cents. Check your tallies if this is an issue for you...they also told me to advise them when it happens again...