How low can they go?

CraigWCraigW Member Posts: 49

Let's have a new competition. Who can post the lowest per kilowatt base payout.

On Aug 22, I had an ohm hour from 6-7PM. I saved 2.035 kwh. My base payout was 122 points. That's 59.95 point/kwh.

A new low for my per kilowatt hours beating previous winter lows. Granted, I'm ignoring the 'prize' hours in the winter when the payout was a fat zero.

What's your summer low per kilowatt hour base rate?

Answers

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoMember, Moderator Posts: 1,625
    Yep, that last one was a new low for me too.

Last year the lowest we saw was around 80 cents per kWh.
  • jserramcjserramc Member Posts: 351

I earned all of 81 cents for the OH on 8/27. Funny how they can post these low paying ones a lot faster than the big payouts...I think my base was 23 cents. And no more buddy points....

• DarrenTDarrenT Member Posts: 62

9/4 was ~57 points/kwh on 2.9kwh saved. Super worth it!

This is what I can't stand about this program. They're laser focused on expanding their user base so they can bid in more markets but what good is incentivizing referrals so heavily if the users don't stay because of dismal rewards for actually saving energy. At this point, the people that like the program are those getting $20 a pop for a referral. Completely backwards in my opinion. If the payouts are higher for saving, you'll naturally draw more people. I would talk about it all the time to friends / family / coworkers when my energy bill was being paid and then some every month by flipping breakers 8-10 times per month. Now I constantly question why I'm even participating every time I get a notification.