Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Connection with Smart Meter Texas lost after every Ohm Hour

Since August, connection is lost with SMT immediately following every Ohm Hour. I have two friends in the neighborhood that have also experienced the same problem. MULTIPLE emails to support are not even close to answered. I'm not sure they even read the email before selecting a canned response.

If I go in to settings and select "I've moved" then log right back in with the same SMT credentials it will fix the problem overnight and my statistics for the previous challenge will populate. However, on the very next Ohm Hour, IMMEDIATELY at the close of the hour, a message appears on the top of the welcome screen saying "Mr. Ohm cannot connect to your utility. Please update your utility username and password from your Settings page."

Any ideas? Yes, there is a workaround, but this is getting annoying.

Comments

• nickw1989nickw1989 Posts: 2Member

@jrmkmbrown-gmail said:

If I go in to settings and select "I've moved" then log right back in with the same SMT credentials it will fix the problem overnight and my statistics for the previous challenge will populate. H

I have gotten data for about 2 weeks; so you just click I've moved, and login with SMT credentials and you don't lose streak bonuses or anything?

• daniel-sidelskydaniel-sidelsky Posts: 20Member

Yup I'm in Texas as well and having issues. It was working fine until a month ago when I stopped getting results even though SmartMeterTexas was showing them fine. Then today I logged in and it says "Whoops! Looks like there's an issue with your utility connection. Fix it so you can get paid for saving energy!" and I can't get it fixed.

• @nickw1989 said:

@jrmkmbrown-gmail said:

If I go in to settings and select "I've moved" then log right back in with the same SMT credentials it will fix the problem overnight and my statistics for the previous challenge will populate. H

I have gotten data for about 2 weeks; so you just click I've moved, and login with SMT credentials and you don't lose streak bonuses or anything?

I always get an email stating that my Platinum status has been restored. Usually as a reply to me asking for assistance, which is proof that they don't even read the emails.