Anyone else think this company is a scam? For five months now, I haven't had my account "connected"

So for five months now, I have not been getting Ohm hours. First, it was my account wasn't connected. Now, it is an issue with my meter. After fifteen emails over five months, two have been answered. The answers were useless. One person said make sure authorization is on-going, but it isn't. Members with similar issues please contact me. I am writing an article for the San Diego Union Tribune on this.

Answers

• cwiedcwied San MateoMember Posts: 141

Not a scam, but possibly struggling. One of the issues I wonder about is how good their relationship with the utilities is. Are the utilities dragging their feet to fix issues? Is the program relying on something that's enforced by regulation, meaning the utilities don't have an inclination to be cooperative?

• Elisha Bist-BraswellElisha Bist-Braswell StocktonCAMember Posts: 14
    Im having the same issues, their still making money as long as our utility is connected, but we're not.
  • The Bitz BoysThe Bitz Boys Union CityModerator Posts: 1,017
    During the winter time, OC essentially does not make money because there is no need for their services - grid is usually stable - so there is really nothing (energy savings) for utilities to buy.

The OhmHours here and there whether for money or drawing for prizes during the winter is to keep users engaged while OhmConnect and users wait for the money making summers.