Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Why do OhmConnect's and my measurements for Tuesday October 15 disagree by a factor of 10?

Tuesday's OhmConnect Hour saw me using MORE power during the hour than ANY of my previous Ohm Hours. This is odd, because not only did I unplug my refrigerator and fish tank, I also turned off everything in the house except my clocks. During my previous Ohm Hours I have left my stereo and TV plugged in, but not this time. During previous Ohm Hours I get scores like .065. This time, with more devices shut off I get a score of .24! Impossible. The correct score should be closer to .024, certainly not 3 times my previous average.

What's going on?

Answers

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,607Member, Moderator

@davecusto
    OhmConnect get your usage data from your utility so what's probably happening is your utility is reporting the higher usage. Once they report the real numbers OhmConnect will adjust accordingly.

• alan-7alan-7 Posts: 2Member

@davecusto said:
    Tuesday's OhmConnect Hour saw me using MORE power during the hour than ANY of my previous Ohm Hours. This is odd, because not only did I unplug my refrigerator and fish tank, I also turned off everything in the house except my clocks. During my previous Ohm Hours I have left my stereo and TV plugged in, but not this time. During previous Ohm Hours I get scores like .065. This time, with more devices shut off I get a score of .24! Impossible. The correct score should be closer to .024, certainly not 3 times my previous average.

What's going on?

Are you with PG&E? My PG&E account for that day (specifically for the ohm hour between 7-8pm PST) states the energy usage was estimated based on past usage, and like you, it was way more than I expected and actually used. It even went over my goal :neutral:. Unless PG&E can somehow produce some "non-estimated" energy usage numbers, I'm not sure what else can be done.