Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

OhmZero, what is it really?

https://www.ohmconnect.com/about-us/new-features/ohmzero

I don’t even understand what’s being offered or why I would pay nearly $5 a month for it.

Seems like Ohm is coming up with all these different pay per month services that don’t seem to be doing anything.

Comments

• jserramcjserramc Posts: 333Member

and why would you pay $60 a year to possibly save a few bucks? I would think the power companies would limit your chance to change programs--like once in 12 months, not every other week or month....Is anyone really signing up for this?

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,607Member, Moderator

@jserramc said:
    and why would you pay $60 a year to possibly save a few bucks? I would think the power companies would limit your chance to change programs--like once in 12 months, not every other week or month....Is anyone really signing up for this?

I signed up for it as it just puts me on the "wait list", whatever that really means, and there was no committment. With SDG&E I can change plans whenever I want but I'm then stuck for a year so on the face of it, this new program isn't going to work. I'm waiting for more details before I commit to anything and I suffer a little from FOMO

• Wendy FitzcharlesWendy Fitzcharles Posts: 35Member
    Ohm zero wasn’t even like the program that finds the best rate. It’s something completely different about off setting energy use.
    It reads like I’m litterly paying to offset my energy use
  • NlindsayNlindsay San Diego Posts: 93Member

@Wendy Fitzcharles the way that i understand it is each month you are essentially making a donation to support a renewable energy project chosen by OhmConnect. I guess it would make you feel better about the energy you use(if you don't already have solar) because you are donating to a green energy project. You still would pay your normal monthly utility bill as well...