It's been a great few years, time to say peace out!

SrelazSrelaz FullertonMember Posts: 123

It's been a fun adventure everyone over the past few years. Thanks for the friendly competition and the formerly worth-while payouts. My streak ends at 202 in a row and a 98% Diamond rating. The payouts aren't worth my time anymore and hoping to win a prize doesn't interest me. I wish you much success!

Comments

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoMember, Moderator Posts: 1,625
    @Srelaz don't give up. $$$$ will come back in 2 or 3 months. With very little effort you can keep going until the paydays return.
  • SrelazSrelaz FullertonMember Posts: 123

@UkiwiS said:
    @Srelaz don't give up. $$$$ will come back in 2 or 3 months. With very little effort you can keep going until the paydays return.

These prize OhmHours drive me insane. The last one that actually paid for me was more than a month ago. Sitting in the candle light for an hour is really not worth it. I hope the new CEO reads this honestly and sees how cheap this program has become. Absolutely insane.

Looking back at 2019, I only received 23 paid Ohmhours. Really frustrating these "Prize Ohmhours"

For prize ohmhours I don't go all out...I just beat the target and move on. I guess if you are very efficient with low usage that's not going to work!
    You can opt for Megas only....that's another option. Approx, 1 per month.

@UkiwiS said:
    For prize ohmhours I don't go all out...I just beat the target and move on. I guess if you are very efficient with low usage that's not going to work!

Unfortunately I have been flipping off my breakers whether it is a regular Ohmhour or prize Ohmhour. It is just coming down to opportunity cost at this point. I haven't been able to cash out my 602 points for months despite flipping my breakers off. At least I have some cool smart plugs, wifi thermostat, smart bulbs, smart switches, etc. now. They work with Alexa.

• OHM DimensionOHM Dimension Santa Cruz CountyMember Posts: 9
    > @Srelaz said:
    > It's been a fun adventure everyone over the past few years. Thanks for the friendly competition and the formerly worth-while payouts. My streak ends at 202 in a row and a 98% Diamond rating. The payouts aren't worth my time anymore and hoping to win a prize doesn't interest me. I wish you much success!
    >
    > (Image)

Our family feels the same. On average 6 of 10 ohms now PRIZE. We are opting out soon too. Not worth it anymore. It was fun and prosperous while it lasted.
  • mzawadzkimzawadzki Member Posts: 3

Agreed. Not worth the time and effort. It was fun, while it lasted. 98 cents for 100% reduction? I don't think so.

• jserramcjserramc Member Posts: 351

I think my low was about 8 cents (not counting the times when I actually got a negative count, even though OC says they don't take points away). A few "high" ones around $20 but most are under $10. 145 events since Sept 2017. $372.33. But my average energy bill is just the user fee of $10 (solar, all electric, credits, over production etc) ( and I have a high credit with both PGE and local utility in SF) which, even without any events, pays for my usage). So for me, even with low payouts, its a win win. I only faulted once. I had a streak shield (for what it is worth now) and a forgiveness thing Good luck with your decision.