Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Ohm Hour During Stay Home Orders

We've been doing OhmConnect for almost two years now and we love it, but I have to question the idea of sending ohm hours when we Californians are supposed to be staying home and not gathering in public. We generally use ohm hours to get out, run errands, visit the mall, whatever, just family time outside instead of being on our devices and regular home things. Now that restaurants and malls are closed, parks in our community are closed, basically everything is closed, just seems an odd time to be setting up times for people to shut the power off. Maybe it's just me, but doesn't seem like a time that our streaks should be at risk. I'm immunocompromised and not heading out during this mess.

Answers

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoMember, Moderator Posts: 1,623
    You could opt out, right?
  • tinapruetinaprue Member Posts: 1
    10000% agree! Opting out also breaks your streak! It is especially unfair for those of us who have to go to work- coming home and not being able to cook dinner or relax in front of the TV is really unfair! I sent a complaint into customer service- I encourage you to as well. Ohm hours during this time is incredibly tone deaf
  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoMember, Moderator Posts: 1,623
    edited March 27

@timhipp79 and @tinaprue

YOU guys know you're stuck at home, right?
    OhmConnect knows that too, because it's CA and we're all under a "shelter in place" order.

I want every OhmHour I can get. I don't care when it is, I want it, but not all of is feel the same way.
    How would OhmConnect know that giving you an OhmHour is not convenient for you?
    How would OhmConnect know that giving me an OhnHour tonight is something I want?

ANSWER:
    OhmConnect will only give you an OhmHour if your settings tell them you want an OhmHour.

There's no penalty for changing your settings, so weigh up the pros and cons and make the decision. YOU, can help yourself by changing your availability so why not do that?

Oh, you forgot?
    Opt-out if it's that important to you.
    Sure, you lose your streak but you did tell them, via your settings, that you wanted to receive OhmHours.

• NlindsayNlindsay San Diego Member Posts: 100

With California's stay at home order there are a lot of people that suddenly have no income and are probably happy to make money from an ohmhour. There are also a lot of people who are now working from home who need to stay connected and probably dont want ohmhours right now. Like @UkiwiS said the only way for OhmConnect to know is by looking at your availability that you set in your settings.
    If you cant participate in OhmHours right now then go to your settings and change your availability