Did Sophie at OhmConnect enroll you in AutoOhm WITHOUT your permission? She did that to me.

I just received an email from Sophie at OhmConnect saying she just enrolled me on AutoOhm in which I have to pay $5.00 per month all without my consent, permission or knowledge. I am on OhmConnect's support web page and Sophie stated a chat session with me but is refusing to answer my questions or remove me from AutoOhm.

Has this happened to anyone else?
How do you get out of AutoOhm?
Who at OhmConnect gave authority to Sophie to charge people $5.00 per month with out permission?

I'm posting on Reddit, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook to see how many other people Sophie did this to.

This is really dishonest.

Answers

• NlindsayNlindsay San Diego Member Posts: 108
    edited May 20

@doug-spindler AutoOhms dont cost you anything, and you cant get negative points either, you either make money or you dont.
    If you have smart devices that you want to exclude from AutoOhms you can do that by going to your AutoOhm page then selecting a device, click the settings wheel and check the box that says Exclude from AutoOhms.
    If you want to completely opt out of the AutoOhms program entirely, you can do so on the AutoOhms Settings page at the bottom.

OhmSmart however is their new membership or subscription service that is $5 a month. You should not have been automatically enrolled into the OhmSmart service.