Any dislike the new help section?

SJCESJCE San Jose,CAMember Posts: 11

You can't see past conversations, add on, add pictures, etc. Anyone else notice. Also they never truly answer questions or escalate when requested. Even when you prove a glitch no oops well fix it but no consideration.

Answers

• jserramcjserramc Member Posts: 351

I noticed this a few days ago. I entered a limited category "Points not adding up correctly" expecting to elaborate, it said thanks we'll get back to you. If you can't give them a detailed explanation, are they going to guess at the issue? If I don't hear from them soon I will have to put an extensive description in their box. Hope it has enough space!

• NlindsayNlindsay San Diego Member Posts: 108

@jserramc i just noticed today when i clicked on the help tab that the forums section is missing... i hope they arent trying to get rid of the forum too. 😒

• markbmarkb San DiegoMember Posts: 11

@Nlindsay said:
    @jserramc i just noticed today when i clicked on the help tab that the forums section is missing... i hope they arent trying to get rid of the forum too. 😒

Yeah, I'd like to see them embrace the forum more, not discontinue it. This place could be so much better. For starters, the people that run OhmConnect should participate more. But I think it would also help a lot to replace the forum software with something better, like XenForo.

@markb they did just change their help/support platform so maybe they'll switch the forum to something different too. But considering the new support software kinda sucks so far, i hope they just leave it be. They used to have employees that were active in the forums and it was great! You could ask questions and actually talk to real people. :o amazing i know! Hell, one time i even had a video conference with one of their guys and two other users who were real active in the forum. But things have changed since they got that new CEO... :/

• markbmarkb San DiegoMember Posts: 11
    Per their answer on Twitter, the forum is indeed being retired:

Maybe we should start our own independent forum? The problem would be getting the word out. Doesn’t seem anyone is likely to read about it here!

@markb said:
    Per their answer on Twitter, the forum is indeed being retired:

Maybe we should start our own independent forum? The problem would be getting the word out. Doesn’t seem anyone is likely to read about it here!

NOO0O0oO0oO0o0😭😭 lol i had a feeling that was what they were doin' i just didnt want to believe it.... ohh well. Its a damn ghost town in here now anyhow. Especially after they got rid of the link, its pretty much just me sittin in here... like everyone left the party but i stayed behind hahaa.