Reminder: #OhmHour Occurrences and Notifications

Comments

• JenDavis523JenDavis523 Member Posts: 3
    I only get a 4 min notification. Good thing is my husband gets the notification too. Add more lines so everyone in the house gets notified. I think of this as a fun family challenge. If I don't opt out in time...well, we knew in advance what happens!
  • Daniel2Daniel2 Member Posts: 4
    Got 2 minute notice today... 3 minutes into cooking we had to stop..
  • I received a notification that we're in an OhmHour 12 minutes AFTER the start of it.. How does that make sense?

• vetidoravetidora Member Posts: 78
    So I happened to click on the ohm site a few minutes ago and learned I have an ohm hour today that I was already 20 min into I received no text or an email about it does any one know supports email since the live chat isn't around d anymore or if it is where I might be able to find it
  • Sylvester Sylvester Member Posts: 16
    I got a text at 6:19 I hope my streak isn't over!
  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoMember, Moderator Posts: 1,625
    edited September 2017
    I just noticed via the dashboard too. AC still running. Car charging, no email, no text, no notice, no devices turned off. Not happy.
  • Our notification came 19 min after the ohmhour started :(
  • WaterGuyWaterGuy Member, Moderator Posts: 414

Yeah, tonight's was a weird one. My sister lives a few blocks from me, and she got about 5 minutes warning before the start. I didn't get the notification until 16 (text) and 17 (email) minutes into the event--too late to opt out. Everything in my house was running during those first 15+ minutes, and only two of my smart plugs turned off automatically. This is the biggest mess I've seen so far for an OhmHour; if I wasn't home, I would have definitely lost my streak, despite the fact that I have a number of smart plugs set up for my big appliances.

@Claudia, can we make sure folks who had no option to opt out aren't docked points and don't lose their streak on this one?

• Evan SchmidtEvan Schmidt Member Posts: 13

@Sylvester said:
    I got a text at 6:19 I hope my streak isn't over!

Just got a notice at 6:31 that I have an Ohm Hour from 6-7pm. What the heck.

• sheilasheila Member Posts: 1
    Not happy I got a text about ohm hour today, 20 minutes into the ohm hour. That's 1/3 of the ohm hour,I can do nothing about. Didn't want to opt out and lose my streal. Sure hope it pays off.
  • Mr BatmanMr Batman Member Posts: 7

Same... I received an email at 6:30 for an OhmHour that started at 6. No noticed beforehand whatsoever. I cashed out my earnings because I've been enjoying the AC being on for the past half hour and don't want to lose points.

• sandersander Member Posts: 2
    I got a notification 30 minutes into it, and my connected devices weren't turned off automatically.
  • simakwsimakw Member Posts: 2

I got it 30 minutes in, with a/c running for that time, too. Oh well.

Still waiting for my email and text.
  • simakwsimakw Member Posts: 2

Same

• WaterGuyWaterGuy Member, Moderator Posts: 414

@sheila said:
    Not happy I got a text about ohm hour today, 20 minutes into the ohm hour. That's 1/3 of the ohm hour,I can do nothing about. Didn't want to opt out and lose my streal. Sure hope it pays off.

You wouldn't have been able to opt out, anyway--that's only an option during the first 15 minutes of an OhmHour. I'm confident OhmConnect will sort this out and won't penalize people, as the issue appears to be on their end, though it sure sounds like a mess!

• Kellie LopezKellie Lopez Member Posts: 18
    I received the text and email 13 minutes after the ohm hour started. I chose not to opt out because I have a pretty high streak right now. I hope my streak is not broken after this, and I hope the ohm hour team does something about this.
    This is the second time they have not sent me a notification about an ohm hour I'm not happy I might lose my streak and i cashed out a few days ago so I don't have points they can take away
  • singlebinarysinglebinary Member Posts: 1

I just got a notice 40 minutes into the hour. Saw that I received email at 6:38 p.m. while the Ohm Hour was from 6:00 p.m. - 7 p.m. This is clearly not fair!

• Sean4Sean4 Member Posts: 10
    Just got a text notification at 6:45
    > @sthon said:
    > Just got a text notification at 6:45

Still haven't gotten one I wrote to ohm letting them know about not getting a text or email I don't care about the points I don't want to lose my streak
    OK let's all Chill. There's been some sort of technical glitch and I'm in the same camp as @waterguy. I believe OC will do the right thing. I just received my text message 49 mins in.
  • SCECUSTOMERSCECUSTOMER Oak View, California, USAMember Posts: 52

We are watching some TV, wife said it was warm & muggy inside the home 80F/55% humidity according to our NEST thermostat so I turned it on.
    Just prepared dinner (oven) and made a nice coffee afterwards
    and then over 1/3 INTO the hour 18:21 we get a message it is ohmhour ?
    txt message:

email message:

With a predicted usage of 0.63kWh and having run the 3KW AC already for a while:

Of course we will try and save for the remaining 3X minutes, but this is NOT a normal way of doing things (imo)
    If this will break my streak, I would like OC to make some kind of suggestion for this case.

• Evan SchmidtEvan Schmidt Member Posts: 13

@[email protected].com said:
    > @sthon said:
    > Just got a text notification at 6:45

Still haven't gotten one I wrote to ohm letting them know about not getting a text or email I don't care about the points I don't want to lose my streak

Don't worry, you'll probably get one when it's over :p

• Steve ESteve E Member, Moderator Posts: 329

Text message arrived 6 minutes before end of the OhmHour

• Brettie PageBrettie Page Member Posts: 2
    I was just notified at 6:55 pm that there was an ohm hour today from 6-7. I DO NOT want to penalized for an "after the fact" notification. I certainly understand a notification a few minutes prior, but notifying someone almost an hour after the ohm hour began is WRONG.
  • Brettie PageBrettie Page Member Posts: 2
    Photo of the notification that arrived AN HOUR into the ohm hour. :-(
  • SCECUSTOMERSCECUSTOMER Oak View, California, USAMember Posts: 52

@Steve E said:

Text message arrived 6 minutes before end of the OhmHour

That is just crazy !!!

> @Evan Schmidt said:
    > @[email protected].com said:
    > > @sthon said:
    > > Just got a text notification at 6:45
    >
    > Still haven't gotten one I wrote to ohm letting them know about not getting a text or email I don't care about the points I don't want to lose my streak
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Don't worry, you'll probably get one when it's over :p

Probably seeing as I still haven't gotten an email or text
  • imvcimvc Member Posts: 1

Ohm Hour Notification came in at 6:56 -- saying Ohm Hour from 6:00 to 7:00. Little late :D
    Am I going to pay for it, when I didn't get a chance?