Reminder: #OhmHour Occurrences and Notifications

Comments

• JenvelJenvel Member Posts: 9

I was starting to freak out☺️ I received my email alert @ 6:59 and my text alert at 7 pm! I'm just glad I'm not the only one. I did email Matt with Ohm right after it happened but by the looks of it I'm assuming it was a glitch if some sort. I'm sure it'll get straightened out

• I just got a notification 47 minutes into the ohmhour that the ohmhour was occuring and that I only got .62kwh to use so I was obviously already over since the hour was almost up and I had no idea. And it's been 10 days since I've had an ohmhour. Not cool.

• diana005diana005 Member Posts: 1
    Same here! Glad I found this and see it was not just us!
  • No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Member Posts: 404
    edited September 2017

I think we blew up the internet. :smiley: Or at least the OC Forum! Posts still coming in fast and furious....

• regphillregphill Member Posts: 1
    Meeeeeeeee also.... They are not communicating properly. Especially after it's over and we never recieved a are you participating. Ugh!!!
  • ryanstuhryanstuh Member Posts: 2

I received a notification for my Ohm Hour from 6PM to 7PM at 7:05PM. Do I need to take any action? Will this affect my account?

• The ZodeThe Zode Member Posts: 5

I can usually deal with last minute notifications, but tonight I didn't receive the alert on my phone and my email until 4 minutes after the event ended. I'm hoping I didn't go over, but how do I have a chance when that happens?

• EdithEdith Member Posts: 1

OK I just missed an OhmHour because the notification didn't get sent until 15 minutes AFTER it started... I get that there's short notice sometimes but this seems completely unreasonable.

• dfields7dfields7 Member Posts: 1
    So uncool.....I received a text and email notifying me of an Ohmhour today.....both 1 minute AFTER it had ended.....
  • ArvindArvind Member Posts: 1

I received a notification for 6-7pm Ohmhour at 7pm! I hope its a glitch!

• hkvjoycehkvjoyce Member Posts: 9

I received my notice AFTER the OHM Hour today

Thank you @AKPsi Vince At the very least, OC will see how passionate we are about our OhmHours!

• sbivins2sbivins2 Member Posts: 1

Today we had an OhmHour from 6 to 7 p.m. But my e-mail reminder came at 7:04 p.m.!!!! The announcement that it was over came just 6 minutes later. Fortunately, I probably didn't go over my estimate but I certainly could have lowered my usage had I know about the OhmHour.

• Forget short notice (I don't mind short notice :-( ), I wasn't notified until *after* the Ohm Hour was over. I got a text at 7:02 and an email at 7:01 for a 6-7 Ohm Hour. It seems horribly unfair to be punished for not participating when I didnt even get notified until it was over.
  • rainy schrickerrainy schricker Member Posts: 40
    edited September 2017
    Fair enough @AKPsi Vince
    Thanks.
  • Christopher S1Christopher S1 Administrator Posts: 46

Hi everyone - thanks for letting us know about this bug. Our engineering team is currently investigating. We'll let everyone know when we discover the cause and how we'll square up the event.

Apologies for the confusion and any inconvenience.

• Got notified at 7:04pm today that my ohm hour was from 6pm - 7pm. What a scam!!! Leaving this group and going to a legit one! Rip off my earned hours. Pisses me off!!!
  • BelleBelle Member Posts: 89

@SD Chip said:
    I got notified @ 7:06 pm that there was an ohm hour from 6-7 pm. Recieved another notice @7:09 that ohm hour was over. Nothing on my dashboard though showing an OH. Nothing turned off ...

I have a TBD on my dashboard. I received a notification that it was over at 7:46 pm. Great, I just hope my roommate and I lucked out again and the energy wasn't much. I'm so irritated right now.

@Lisa Foster said:
    Same problem. I suspect they goofed somewhere - I'm treating it as if it's 7-8pm, just in case that was what they meant.

It's funny, I was thinking the same thing, but I got the text at 7:12pm that the OH was over. And THEN.... Plot Twist... Another text at 7:56pm saying my OH was over. Things that make you go... hmmm.... :smiley: I'm sure they'll sort it all out.

• heresmikheresmik Member Posts: 2

Here... my snapshot:

I receive this notice 5 mins. after the Ohm Hour ended. WTH?

• Bee88Bee88 Member Posts: 6

@PennyPincher???? said:
    Got notified at 7:04pm today that my ohm hour was from 6pm - 7pm. What a scam!!! Leaving this group and going to a legit one! Rip off my earned hours. Pisses me off!!!

I can assure you, this is not a scam. I've been a member for well over a year and cashed out multiple times. They do have technical difficulties, like most companies. In the entire time I've been participating, there have been maybe 2-3 instances of this.

They'll sort it out, there's already a pinned note about it at the top of my dashboard. Don't worry everyone! :-)

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoMember, Moderator Posts: 1,625

This is a master thread for this issue....I've had a stab at closing the others but this will remain open...for the time being!

• SpartanracerxSpartanracerx Member Posts: 7
    Got a notification that the ohm hour was up at 9 but was never notified of the HM hour no email or text
  • SCECUSTOMERSCECUSTOMER Oak View, California, USAMember Posts: 52

@Matt D said:
    we are not going to have any negative points associated with this #OhmHour and all streaks will be maintained.

_*NICE* _
    Thanks!

• dawsonjgdawsonjg Member Posts: 1

I also got a notification after 9pm pacific, that my OHM hour was over but never received a text or email that it was starting.

• johnmccoryjohnmccory Member Posts: 1
    Just this evening, at 6:50pm, i received notice of an Ohm Hour- from 6-7 pm.
    Wtf? I couldn't opt out, and missed 5/6ths of the hour.
    Whoops.
    Can I get a mulligan?
  • Lisa FosterLisa Foster Member Posts: 3
    Looks like they've seen the issue and are working on it. Give 'em a few days. It's a relatively new program they're running here, and it's bound to have some bugs, but this place is legit and I'd be shocked if they penalize us for it.