Reminder: #OhmHour Occurrences and Notifications

Comments

• No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Member Posts: 404
    edited September 2017

@Matt D Thank you, OC, for the very speedy resolution of the 6-7 OhmHour issue. I appreciate the 100 tokens, too! Great Customer Service!

• vetidoravetidora Member Posts: 78
    Got an email saying that it was a glitch and that streaks wouldn't be lost, or negative points given only positive if you were able to get positive points
  • Vicki TVicki T Member Posts: 84

Thank you OhmConnect for taking responsibility for the problem and making it right! I am sure I am not alone in thanking you for us not losing our streaks and the extra 100 tokens for the hassle! :)

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamMember Posts: 585
    edited September 2017

• Summer1Summer1 Member Posts: 117
    Imsure theyll make it right
  • sdaec2gmsdaec2gm Member Posts: 26

I got a notice yesterday that ohmhour is over. I did not know there was one, did not get a notification and i dont know if my appliances and Lyric were turned off.

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoMember, Moderator Posts: 1,625
    edited September 2017

@[email protected].com

Have you checked your email?

Did you notice this on your dashboard?

• terpsichterpsich Member Posts: 1
    I just got my forcast, and it said I lost points for going over my usage last night. I never received a text that there was an ohm hour yesterday.

@[email protected].com said:
    I just got my forcast, and it said I lost points for going over my usage last night. I never received a text that there was an ohm hour yesterday.

Have a look at the post above yours. You are not alone! Now, sit back, relax and give it a day or two for the dust to settle and have faith that'll be resolved.

• bkp_dukebkp_duke Member Posts: 17

@UkiwiS said:

@[email protected].com said:

Have a look at the post above yours. You are not alone! Now, sit back, relax and give it a day or two for the dust to settle and have faith that'll be resolved.

Similar to the above user, I received negative points and a broken streak.

I never received the notice listed two above this post in my dashboard.

• The Bitz BoysThe Bitz Boys Union CityModerator Posts: 1,017
    Moderator Here: This has been brought to OC's attention. Please continue to be patient as OC works thru this glitch. It can take a lot of programming to fix these things. In addition, before releasing a fix, they need to test it out to ensure it doesn't cause more mayhem, so this is not something that will get fixed overnight.

The deduction of points is temporary as the fix has not been implemented yet, so things will continue to take its course. For the time being, you may lose points and streaks. But you'll see these corrected in due time. If after OC has released the fix, you continue to see lost points or streaks, by all means, please contact support to report.

For now, please limit your comments and hold tight, so OC can focus on the problem at hand and not get distracted by everyone's individual issues.

Thanks for your understanding!
    @[email protected] please see comment above. You're right! It's wrong! There's no denying it's incorrect. OC has not been able to implement a fix yet. As I mentioned above, it takes time. If I could wave a magic wand, I'd also like this error to be fixed right away or at least when I want it to be =). In an ideal world, I know we'd like to see this all be corrected behind the scenes so it appeared like this OhmHour never happened and no one experienced a loss of points or streaks.

So I'm once again going to reiterate:

YOU MAY LOSE POINTS OR STREAKS WHILE OC WORKS ON A FIX, BUT THEY WILL STICK TO THEIR WORD & FIX POINTS OR STREAKS THAT WERE LOST DUE TO THE GLITCH.

Note: in some cases, a loss of points or streaks is not related to a glitch and may actually be justifiable, but we won't know until OC fixes this glitch and it can be eliminated as a factor. One step at a time folks. Realize you're not alone, OC is trying their best and they have "bigger fish to fry" in terms of a system-wide fix for the whole community rather than an immediate fix for each individual user.
  • triknik1272triknik1272 Member Posts: 1
    I received a text a few minutes before the time of the Ohm hour so I was able to opt because I was able to turn off my ac
  • Matt DMatt D Administrator Posts: 36

Hi all - OhmConnect team member here. @[email protected].com @[email protected].com - both of you received #OhmHours from 8-9pm on 9/11, which also had issues with the #OhmHour notifications. We have just released a fix for you. Can you please review and let us know if you are still having issues?

• Steve ESteve E Member, Moderator Posts: 329
    edited September 2017

As an FYI I have received an OhmHour notification as of yesterday (9/12) for an OhmHour today (9/13) so it would seem advance notifications are working for this event

• Matt DMatt D Administrator Posts: 36

Thanks for letting us know, Steve. We are certainly keeping our eye out for the 9/13 #OhmHour

• cephasnixoncephasnixon Member Posts: 2

I do appreciate that ohmconnect has ALWAYS made good on every glitch and that they are quick to admit a mistake. But it did sting this morning to get the email saying I went over my usage Monday and lost my streak.

These are the questions that come up:
    1. Sometimes my devices are turned off 5 to 15 minutes before the stated #OhmHour, and come back on after. Are my calculations based on the stated hour, or for the duration that my devices are turned off?
    2. Can ohmconnect add a big phat indicator to the dashboard that shows clearly when I am in or not in an #OhmHour? I'm talking about a nice big red or green "light".

loveohmconnect

@Cephas2000 said:
    1. Sometimes my devices are turned off 5 to 15 minutes before the stated #OhmHour, and come back on after. Are my calculations based on the stated hour, or for the duration that my devices are turned off?

The forecast and actual numbers are based on the "Stated" hour.

The automation side of things is great when it works,, which is most of the time. I'd suggest you contact [email protected] as perhaps this is related to the glitch on Monday 9/11.

• FerchisFerchis Member Posts: 1
    I also lost my 20+ streak and my points are all goofy now. I will patiently wait as I appreciate this program and the significant contributions they are making to our environment.
  • smokeluvsmokeluv Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm new at this and I participated in my hours on the 8th and this is what is coming up on my dashboard. Should I be seeing the energy that was used, or saved? Have not received any other notifications to participate since. Thanks
  • cephasnixoncephasnixon Member Posts: 2

@[email protected] : It can take a few days for the results to show, but 10 is more than usual. I'd contact support by clicking on "Support" from your Dashboard homepage, then "Help" on the right side of the screen.

• lawolf95lawolf95 Member Posts: 2
    I received negative points for the OH, and they were not removed by the next OH. Now I can't download point history to verify totals, which change every day anyway. No integrity to totals. I also have not received any bonuses for my streak, shown as 26 OHs....
    > @[email protected].com said:
    > I received negative points for the OH, and they were not removed by the next OH. Now I can't download point history to verify totals, which change every day anyway. No integrity to totals. I also have not received any bonuses for my streak, shown as 26 OHs....

Have you contacted [email protected]?
  • SD ChipSD Chip Member Posts: 146

So yesterday @ 4:52 PM I received a notice of an Ohm Hour from 5-6 PM that day. None of my smart devices turned off, so at 5:10 I turned them off manually. When I checked my dashboard today, there is no TBD for an OhmHour.
    I also received 2 other notifications
    The hours are adjacent, but the notifications were separate. I think the notification issue is still not working correctly.
    I will find out this evening when my smart devices either turn off or stay on.

Just to add....I also received a notification for the WED OH on Tuesday.

@SD Chip For yesterday's OH, it doesn't seem like alert notifications are the issue because you received them a day and 8 minutes before the OH. Instead, the issue was with your devices not automatically being turned off. And in regards to there not being a TBD for yesterday's OH, I don't think there's any reason to be concerned until it's been a few days.

For today's OH, it seems unusual for you to get 2 notifications for 1-hour OHs that are adjacent to each other - instead of getting 1 notification for a 2-hour OH. So I don't know if they're just breaking out multi-hour OHs into essentially multiple 1-hour OHs or if you got one your supposed to.

@Claudia - can you speak to this?

I had one of a total of 5 TP-Link devices fail to shut off yesterday. It was the most recently installed and I'd actually renamed it. In kasa is was showing a different name to OC so I think that had something to do with it. I removed it and reconfigured it again so we'll see what happens tonight.

edited September 2017

@AKPsi Vince , The normal routine for an OhmHour is to see the OH on my dashboard showing the date and time of the OH with a TBD status. That is not there. It was also unusual for my smart devices (I have a Ecobee T-Stat, 3 Wiser plugs and 4 TP Link devices) not to turn off. I also checked my CSV for points, and there was no placeholder for the WED OH. So....the only indication that there was an OH is the notifications. To bundle that with the 2 separate notifications for Thursday, I believe they still have some glitches to work out.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2017

@[email protected].com, i looked at your account and you were awarded streak bonus points for the events you had participated in, what is your specific concern?

when you reach out to customer support, you are more likely to get a response if your request is actionable. be very specific about what the points you were awarded on the base level, for your streak, and for your status and where you feel like you weren't awarded the correct amount.

if you disagree with the base points, take a look at the reduction we calculated and send us your green button data if it didn't match. if the % for streak or status is off, lay out those details. if that information is available, customer support can action on it. based on our rapid growth, we don't respond to requests without quantitative context.

we'll be making that more clear to our users going forward, as well as posting current technical issues, like the one we experienced late last week into monday with points recalculating, so be sure to check there as well.

• on the question about devices... we have seen a spike in issues with Nest thermostats not shutting off for bigger events, but no recent TP Link spikes. we continue to monitor these and build in additional logic to be able to retry on failure. this may result in some devices turning off earlier for #OhmHours to make sure that they are off during the period.

On notifications going out, there have been some comments on this but nothing out of the ordinary lately.