Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Why don't you offer connection to sensei smart thermostats?

SCE recognizes sensei for rebates, since ohm is connected to SCE will you offer it in your smart thermostat connection?

Best Answer

Answers

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 419Member

@katharine dixon, are you planning on signing up for the Save Power Days program at SCE? Since both OhmConnect and the Save Power Days programs are Demand-Response programs, I don't believe you can be enrolled in both. Also, you say "ohm is connected to SCE" . . . what do you mean by that?

• I don't participate because I do not have AC. I just want to connect my sensei to my ohm but they aren't listed, you currently list Nest, Honeywell, Etc.
    I meant that with ohm I provided my sce information. So if you work with sce for energy savings, why aren't we able to connect smart thermostats that are recognized by sce.
  • AKPsi VinceAKPsi Vince Union CityPosts: 988Moderator
    @katharine dixon Even though the Sensi can be controlled by SCE and you provided OC your SCE info, that doesn't automatically mean that OC can now control your Sensi thermostat because SCE's system is different than OC's and they don't integrate.

And in terms of you providing OC your SCE info and OC working with SCE for energy savings, that's only to verify that you are an SCE customer that qualifies to sign up for OC's program, and to confirm you're not on another competing program.
  • Kate from OhmConnectKate from OhmConnect Posts: 1,049Administrator

@katharine dixon - We aren't able to integrate with Sensei right now, but we DO support both Nest and Honeywell!

As @That Son Of A Bitz and others have mentioned, we are separate from SCE. We support different products than SCE will.

• howardhoward Posts: 2Member

old topic i know, but i tried connecting my wink, which has sensi connected, and ohmconnect tells me there's nothing available. if we can connect wink, you guys should be able to control the sensi

• mjwafmjwaf Vacaville, CaliforniaPosts: 11Member
    I would also like to vote in favor of adding Sensi control too. Or maybe even IFTTT to work independently of devices on your end.
  • AKPsi VinceAKPsi Vince Union CityPosts: 988Moderator
    @mjwaf it sounds like the Sensi is part of an SCE program, so chances are, you'll have to unenroll from theirs in order to join OC's. Curious, how long have you been on SCE's program, are you still on it and what level are you on? If you're still at bronze, chances are it's due to still being on SCE's program. If you're on Silver or higher, that may indicate you can do both somehow, unless something fell through the cracks on SCE or OC's side.
  • Kate from OhmConnectKate from OhmConnect Posts: 1,049Administrator

We haven't worked with Sensi yet, but always looking for potential partners!

• dgnestgmdgnestgm Posts: 1Member

Yes, please add support for Emerson Sensi thermostats.

• neococogneococog Posts: 2Member

It would be nice if there were any OC-compatible wifi thermostats that do not require a C-wire. I live in an apartment and cannot modify the furnace, so I cannot install the Wiserair or any of the other units that require the C wire.

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 1,034Member, Moderator

@neococog said:
    It would be nice if there were any OC-compatible wifi thermostats that do not require a C-wire. I live in an apartment and cannot modify the furnace, so I cannot install the Wiserair or any of the other units that require the C wire.

Are you certain you need it?

Have a read of this:
    https://smartthermostatguide.com/thermostat-c-wire-explained/

Perhaps you could install the "Venstar Add-a-Wire adapter"
    https://smartthermostatguide.com/c-wire-venstar-add-a-wire-adapter-review/