Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

How do I change my profile picture??

jasmine winchjasmine winch Posts: 96Member
edited August 2016 in Troubleshooting
I can't figure out how to change my profile photo! Wth lol I have been trying for months.

Best Answer

Answers

• BelleBelle Posts: 89Member
    This has never worked for me. Kate even said it has to be under a certain size, and I even went to check and the image was fine regarding the size. I never did hear back on that, I've been trying since April.
  • Kate from OhmConnectKate from OhmConnect Posts: 1,049Administrator

@Belle looks like there is a bug here! Filing an issue right now.

@Belle, @jasmine winch Any details you can give? What browser are you using? Mobile device? Tablet? Computer? The more information you can give us, the more information the engineers will have to track down this issue.

• BelleBelle Posts: 89Member
    I have tried on two devices. First was the iPhone 6, in the app and using Safari. Next was my HP laptop using Windows 10. In the beginning, it wouldn't even bring up an option to change the picture. I know I emailed months ago about this.

You did, thanks for the info, @Belle. It's been tough for our engineers to find the root cause so that's what has caused the holdup.

@Belle some additional questions:
    1) what type of file (.png? .jpg?)
    2) do you know the dimensions of the file?
    3) Did you use the same image across all devices?

Thanks!

@Belle some additional questions:
    1) what type of file (.png? .jpg?)
    2) do you know the dimensions of the file?
    3) Did you use the same image across all devices?

Thanks!

• jasmine winchjasmine winch Posts: 96Member
    Thank you :) I finally was able to change my profile pic!!
  • EnergySavinGirly EnergySavinGirly Bakersfield Posts: 1Member
    I cannot get my profile photo to come up. It says it's loaded but, the photo doesn't appear. Only a happy face.
  • The Little Ohmer TwinsThe Little Ohmer Twins Union CityPosts: 1,014Moderator
    Had the same issue. Finally worked after I reduced the size of the photo a few times.
  • arherrerasarherreras Posts: 1Member

I am not able to change my picture. When I click "upload Profile Picture" nothing opens up . I've tried on my phone and computer now.

• John KJohn K Lake Forest - Hikers and Bikers TeamPosts: 585Member
    edited August 2018

@arherreras, are you talking about the avatar for the main site or the forum. For the main site (under Settings), I get the same thing. On the forum, the popup shows right up when I go to my home page and mouse-over the image box. A button shows up at the top to Change Image, and hitting the button brings up the popup.