Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

New cashout minimum: 1000 points!

Kate from OhmConnectKate from OhmConnect Posts: 1,018Administrator

Hey All:
I'm excited to announce that we are reducing the cash-out minimum to 1000 points!

Tagged:

Comments

• AKPsi VinceAKPsi Vince Union CityPosts: 863Moderator
    Awesome! Is the minimum to buy gift cards with bonus value still 2,000 points?
  • Kate from OhmConnectKate from OhmConnect Posts: 1,018Administrator

They are still at 2000 points right now, but we will consider making them available for 1000 point cashouts!

We're happy you're happy, @Bianca!

• Leahguillen1_2Leahguillen1_2 Madera CaPosts: 12Member
    > @Kate from OhmConnect said:
    > Hey All:
    > I'm excited to announce that we are reducing the cash-out minimum to 1000 points!

Yaaaay
    @RODELA, LISA please contact OC support directly, so they can look into whether this was account specific or if it applied to other users as well.
  • sarah gsarah g Posts: 1Member

Yay!

• Pinkfrog.tw@gmail.comPinkfrog.tw@gmail.com Posts: 5Member
    edited February 24
    Does cashing out restart your streak?
    Not at all. Just remember you need a minimum of $10 (1,000 points) to cash out.

@Pinkfrog.tw@gmail.com -no influence on your streak!

• Mom2themMom2them Stockton CaPosts: 6Member
    Grest
  • Awesome

How

How am I posed to get this cash out

• UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 343Member, Moderator

@Mom2them said:
    How am I posed to get this cash out

Have you linked your paypal account?

• jeanjean Posts: 1Member

I have been trying to cash out, get to the page where I can post to FB and then seem stuck, the only option I see at that point is to go to the store, nothing gets posted to Paypal ... I have used the Paypal cashout successfully in the past, so I am not sure what the bug is.

• WaterGuyWaterGuy Posts: 291Member, Moderator

@jean said:
    I have been trying to cash out, get to the page where I can post to FB and then seem stuck, the only option I see at that point is to go to the store, nothing gets posted to Paypal ... I have used the Paypal cashout successfully in the past, so I am not sure what the bug is.

Hmm, I cashed out just yesterday, and didn't have a problem. Have you tried using a different browser? The one time I had an issue was when I was using a VPN on a public network and the Internet was very slow. As soon as I connected to a different network, everything worked as expected.

• Matt DMatt D Posts: 27Administrator

Hey there - this is Matt from OhmConnect - sorry about the slow reply here - (we have been busy trying to convince SCE to give us more data - http://www.govtech.com/How-Can-Advances-in-Technology-Contribute-to-Evolving-Electrical-Grid.html?flipboard=yes).

We have a couple of known issues with cashout which is driven by a user experience that we are working on improving.
    1) For users that signed up in 2016 or earlier, we may not have validated your email address. Due to some fraudulent activity on the site, we had to implement verification emails when people cash out. If you see an error message popup to verify your email address, please go to the settings page here, click on the "Edit" button of your Paypal Address and click on the "Resend verification?" link below the Save button.

2) For users with certain desktop or mobile browsers (we have optimized for chrome and firefox on desktop and iPhone and Samsung android phones), you may have to scroll to the right to cash out. When you see the "Store" page, there are also two buttons on the right of the cashout - a button to "Post to Facebook" and a message that says "No Thanks". Those buttons are the ones you need to cash out with. If you want to post to facebook, you get extra points on your cashout. If you do not want to post to facebook, you must click on "No Thanks" to finalize your cashout.

Hope that helps!

• Matt DMatt D Posts: 27Administrator

Also, for new readers reading these posts, please note that there is no minimum for your first cashout. We implemented a minimum for a number of reasons:
    1) We want to minimize paypal transaction fees. An alternative option is to potentially remove the cashout minimum and have 45 points subtracted from each cashout under 1000 points (to pay for paypal transaction fees). Please comment on this if you are interested in that.
    2) We are trying to minimize the idea of free ridership. Users who are not actively reducing may reduce compared to usual just simply because they have fluctuations in usage compared to baseline. We have seen this with some larger customers where they reduce half the time, cash out when they reduce, and they never lose points because of our zero point minimum (currently - as of 6/23/2017 - you can never go negative in points - if you do, we have a bug in our system).

• Heather R. WeatherHeather R. Weather Posts: 23Member

@jean said:

I had the same problem and assumed there was a bug. I use Chrome as my main browser....Just logged in on Firefox and selected post on FB for the extra $2 and it worked fine. There is some problem with the popup post to FB when using Chrome, it seems. I sent a tech support request a while ago and it hasnt been answered, but I figured it out myself. if someone responds Ill pass this on to them there too.