Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Known issue: Unable to link my WeMo switch

I configured my WeMo switch and set up am IFTTT account. Now I am trying to connect the device to my OhmConnect account and I keep getting an error "Incorrect username or password 401 Unauthorized.

I have verified my username on IFTTT.com and even changed my password. I verified the WeMo PIN and even tried using a new one. I still keep getting this error.

Comments

• Kate from OhmConnectKate from OhmConnect Posts: 1,049Administrator

Hi @Matthew Valenzuela : Unfortunately WeMo has changed its API to the detriment of our connection! We're working on enhancing our integration with IFTT to get this up and working.

• fryingmonkeyfryingmonkey Posts: 1Member

Same here - had this problem since I joined months ago.

• SaurabhSaurabh Posts: 2Member

Same here - had this problem since i joined

• SaurabhSaurabh Posts: 2Member

@Kate from OhmConnect said:
    Hi @Matthew Valenzuela : Unfortunately WeMo has changed its API to the detriment of our connection! We're working on enhancing our integration with IFTT to get this up and working.

Did we have the solution yet for this issue ?

• kristibokristibo Posts: 1Member
    Ugh I have this same problem. :(
  • The Little Ohmer TwinsThe Little Ohmer Twins Union CityPosts: 1,010Moderator
    I wouldn't hold your breathe on a solution. Nothing against OC, but with everything else they're working on and the small team they have, I doubt it's anywhere near the top of their priority list, so there's no telling if/when they'll find time to come up with a solution. And since they don't sell this switch in their store and haven't for awhile, my guess is that the percentage of users that have a WeMo Switch is continuously getting
    smaller, so OC has less of an incentive to support this device.

If you're looking for a Smart Plug/switch to connect to OC, you're probably better off just buying a TP-Link in their device store.

@That Son Of A Bitz - thanks for your thoughts. We are working on lots of new features, including the new Bronze Experience for all uses, so yes- there's a lot on our plate for a small number if engineers.

You're right- we don't sell this product in our store right now. We'd love to get back to a place of supporting WeMo via IFTT. I'll see if I can get an update on that IFTT integration...

• davea42davea42 Posts: 4Member

Good to know it's not just me. The Wemo signup from OhmConn. says ifttt login and password and, confusingly 'PIN' but PIN is not a term Wemo uses. Well, I guess it's just life, for now.
    Is there another device than WeMo Switch (and WeMo Maker) that actually works?

• The Little Ohmer TwinsThe Little Ohmer Twins Union CityPosts: 1,010Moderator
    TP-Link Smartplug sold in OC's store.
  • @davea42 said:
    Good to know it's not just me. The Wemo signup from OhmConn. says ifttt login and password and, confusingly 'PIN' but PIN is not a term Wemo uses. Well, I guess it's just life, for now.
    Is there another device than WeMo Switch (and WeMo Maker) that actually works?

The PIN is when you go to connect to IFTTT, it gives you a 17 digit code

• davea42davea42 Posts: 4Member

Thanks Matthew. I received a TP-Link yesterday, got it set up, and now its plugged in where it does some good. It directly controls only a tiny relay.
    A Raspberry Pi watches the relay and when TP-Link turns off the Pi turns off the science computations on about 15 cores and four GPUs. I put the WeMo on the shelf for now since Ohm Connect cannot deal with WeMo right now.

Hey @davea42 - how do you like the TP Link? What do you have plugged into it?

• groundxzerogroundxzero Posts: 1Member

Has this issue been resolved? I'm still having issues trying to connect my WEMO plug