Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

How Many Of Your Referrals Completed Sign-Up Process? And How Are You Getting Your Referrals?

AKPsi VinceAKPsi Vince Union CityPosts: 945Moderator
I've gotten 19, but I'm having a tough time recruiting anymore folks. I think the key reasons why my referrals joined is because I reached out to friends and family directly (by phone and/or in-person) and they wanted to join our donation team to support the cause we're contributing the money we raise thru energy savings - The March of Dimes (helps to prevent premature birth, infant mortality and birth defects). And in some cases, I walked them thru the sign-up process in-person thru their computer or phone.

How many folks are people getting to not only sign up, but to also complete their paperwork and get approval from their utility? In other words, how many people are you referring that get to the Silver level?

Also, anyone seeing any significant success by trying to recruit thru Facebook? How about thru Twitter and/or NextDoor? Anyone discover any creative avenues/ways to successfully recruit others?

Don't be shy! Share your secrets! And Mr. Ohm will be so happy you did, that he give you a virtual high five! =)

Comments

• Lola & MaseLola & Mase Posts: 14Member
    @That Son Of A Bitz Geez, that's great, 19! All my pals/family must be lazy arse'es or just plain skeptical...
    I haven't had any luck with the ONE referral that is actually showing up, even after several non-obtrusive "Here to help" & "So excited"... they still haven't completed Registration
    I'm not straight on the inner workings of how a Team collects yet but your Donate cause is CAUSE enough (there I go, 'assuming' again. We all know what happens when we AssUMe)
    I wish you luck in your efforts, if I wasn't so budgeted and I had no grandbaby I would join your team♡

Lola of
    Lola & Mase
  • Leahguillen1_2Leahguillen1_2 Madera CaPosts: 12Member
    None of them go threw i havent been paid $75 for any of them
  • AKPsi VinceAKPsi Vince Union CityPosts: 945Moderator
    Here's a link to a thread where @Steve Reed, captain of one of OC's largest teams, explains how he got his referrals.

@Steve Reed Any other tips you can share about getting more referrals and how you go about encouraging your referrals to complete enrollment and maximize savings, so both you and your referral have a higher likelihood of getting the entire $75 referral incentive?

@Leahperez12 Remember, you don't just get $75 when your referral signs up and completes enrollment - that will only get them to the silver level and the both of you $5. To get the remaining $70, your referral needs be consistent about saving energy during OhmHours and really make the best effort they can to save the most - just to get to the next level (gold) and earn an additional $20, your referral will need to save at least 1kWh during an OH.

Gone are the days of easy money when a referral signed up just to get the $20 without any true intent to participate in OC's program and then cash out.

You and your referral now need to put more effort to getting that $75 incentive. The way it should have been in the 1st place.
  • Leahguillen1_2Leahguillen1_2 Madera CaPosts: 12Member
    Ohh ok thanks so mych
    Keep asking questions! There are a lot of users other than the admins and mods that are happy to help, so we can all learn how to save more energy and make more money together.
  • Steve ReedSteve Reed Posts: 98Member
    edited February 18

I talked to one of my coworker referrals just yesterday (he brought up Ohmconnect, since he heard me talking in the Ohmconnect story on the KPBS radio :) ).

He said he had not yet finished the utility sign up portion. When I asked why not, he said he did not know why, he just never got around to it. So sometimes it's just about gently reminding them to finish.

I also asked him if he had a Nest Thermostat yet, and he said they just put one in, some hopefully he'll finish the sign up now.

• Kate from OhmConnectKate from OhmConnect Posts: 1,002Administrator

@Steve Reed said:
    I talked to one of my coworker referrals just yesterday (he brought up Ohmconnect, since he heard me talking in the Ohmconnect story on the KPBS radio :) ).

This is so awesome to hear, Steve!

• CharlesCharles Posts: 2Member
    My one willing referral isn't able to sign up due to the utility not being on the list of approved/allowed utilities. And the other 9 referals are skeptical or lazy. It's tough. I have not gotten any referrals through Twitter nor Facebook.
  • Steve ReedSteve Reed Posts: 98Member
    edited March 11

One of my coworker referrals reached platinum Thursday. It was nice to get 5000 points!

I'm taking him to lunch on Monday :)

That's a win-win-win for everyone: you, your co-worker and OC.
    @kelly.smith.jr@gmail.com is there something specific you wanted to call out?
  • KadieLPorterKadieLPorter Posts: 11Member
    I've had major luck using Facebook and Instagram to get referrals. In two days I have gotten 39 people. Not all of them have completed but about 12 have so far
    Great! @kadieljones@gmail.com thanks for sharing! How does your post look like on Facebook? Mind sharing a screenshot?
  • KadieLPorterKadieLPorter Posts: 11Member
    I'm a bartender and I know a TON of people. I have about 900 friends on Facebook, so a simple "share to Facebook" click and just asking my friends to join! :-)
    12 x $20 referral (if they connect their utility account and reach silver status) = $240 sounds like a pretty good night of tips =)
  • I run a networking group in Ocean Beach San Diego.... http://obnetworking.com/ We had a meeting on Tuesday and the topic was sustainability, so I brought up Ohm Connect, and got my first referral to Silver yesterday, so pumped and I cashed out $48.72 to my PayPal. I had used some tokens to get the referral bonus doubled, that really helped! It's great to get paid to save electricity and do something good for the planet all at the same time!

• SD ChipSD Chip Posts: 49Member

Chuck, if you are interested in sustainability, at your next meeting you should bring up the topic of SDG&E's ECOCHOICE program.
    https://sdge.com/environment/connected-to-the-sun/ecochoice
    You can choose to have between 50-100% of your electricity supplied from renewable sources.

• shoeprano27shoeprano27 Posts: 4Member
    i just started recently. i currently have 22 referrals on board.
  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 584Member, Moderator

@shoeprano27 said:
    i just started recently. i currently have 22 referrals on board.

That's amazing. I've only ever managed to get TWO!

@shoeprano27 how did you do that?!
  • No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Posts: 79Member

All 7 of my referrals, I believe, came from Nextdoor.com. Only 3 have gone Silver. I use Twitter, but pretty sure people think it's a scam. @shoeprano27 How many of your 22 are Silver?

• shoeprano27shoeprano27 Posts: 4Member

@UkiwiS @That Son Of A Bitz @NoPainNoGain 2 of them were my neighbors. 3 of them were friends and the rest were all family members, cousins aunts and uncles. it may seem like it was easy for me but it wasnt. i have my regular day job but i swear, i felt like an ohmconnect salesman just to get these referrals. 1 is currently carbon status. 1 hit plantinum a few days ago and the rest are all silver.

• Amine AmineAmine Amine Posts: 1Member

None of them go threw i havent been paid $75 for any of them

@Amine Amine the referral incentive has changed. It's no longer up to $75 when your referral reaches platinum. Only $20 once referral hits silver. Search the forums and check out their blog for more info.
  • Free Energy UnionFree Energy Union Posts: 8Member

When you are promoting OhmConnect to get electricity customers to sign up, you find yourself doing freelance marketing. Canvassing is an effective way to get people to sign up, we've had good results doing as such!

@Free Energy Union Curious, who is "we"? If it's a team, what kind? For instance, does its members earn money for themselves as individuals or is everyone's points/money pulled together to donate to a worthy cause?
  • No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Posts: 79Member

@Free Energy Union What kind of canvassing? Door-to-door? Posting randomly to social media?

edited July 16

@That Son Of A Bitz, We are a team. A collective. Anyone can be a member, the money generated is donated to active humanitarianism efforts we perform, and members do earn the money for themselves.

@NoPainNoGain The most effective marketing tool to promote this Class and type of service requires Door-to-Door Canvassing. You absolutely must build rapport!