How Many Of Your Referrals Completed Sign-Up Process? And How Are You Getting Your Referrals?

Comments

• christrechristre Member Posts: 10

Has anyone had problems with their referrals getting a notice about having to wait 3 months? My last two referrals both reported that they received a note that said: "Due to overwhelming demand for our service, there will be a delay before we can send you #OhmHours. We estimate this delay will last approximately 3 months." The weird thing is, on my referral log they both show up as silver, and I did receive my 2000 referral points, albeit a couple months after the fact. I don't see anyone else talking about this on the forums.

• The Bitz BoysThe Bitz Boys Union CityModerator Posts: 1,017
    No. 1st time. Very unusual. Contact OC for support. Then report on the forums what you find out. Thanks.
  • WaterGuyWaterGuy Member, Moderator Posts: 414

@christre, I've heard of this in one other case. As with your referral, it took some time but eventually went through. I'm not sure what would be the cause--perhaps a limit on the participants imposed by the utility for certain neighborhoods?

• Heather R. WeatherHeather R. Weather Member Posts: 125
    edited July 2017

My issue is that people are completing the enrollment and think they are all set - and were already enrolled in another energy program (e.g. "Reduce your Use" for san diego) and didn't realize the issue. I had to contact support to find out this info, as my spreadsheet suggested everything is good.

There is also no prompting to "remind" the person to finish the process at that point. You can email out, but its a message to connect their utility provider (which they already have). I feel like I have nagged my one neighbor friend so much I have decided to stop. Worst of all is that I suspect referrals I don't personally know have this issue too... and what am I to do? Make that assumption and send them a personal message about it and potentially scare them off with the emails beginning to get "spammy"? Its really a bummer.

Support told me to tell my referrals to refer to their tuneup page to see where they are at. One: This suggests everyone is actively going on the site and poking around, and brand new people typically are not doing this. Two: this again is putting way too much pressuring on my end. It's not always ideal to "check in" with all these people constantly. Is there a tune up email that lists out what issue are still occurring...or do people have to log in and view their account section to know? Or how about in big letter before you sign up that you need to disenroll before joining the program?? Because if you are already in one it seems to cause a lot of hoops. When I was curbed from cashing out points until I disenrolled, I followed the steps and nothing happened. I had to contact support to let them know I opted out to get the freeze lifted. Is that still going on?? Im sitting here having no idea if my one neighbor followed thru and that could be the new issue.

It really sucks to get this far and not make it. And as I said, my one friend had no idea of an issue and was just going off my message that the utility companies can be slow (up to months) to approve new people). So he was thinking thats what it was. Thats a problem.

ALSO: all of these referrals signed up when I activated the double referrals. Am I still going to get credit when/if they finally are finished? Or are you out of luck because it couldnt get accomplished in 2 weeks. I've been trying to figure this out... if you get the double points when the card is active when they signup, they reach silver, or has to be both?

apparently i went and edited my post too many times and it was pulled. i need to start writing in notepads, apparently.

i have gotten a lot of referrals but now i am plagued by some of them not going thru due to conflicting energy programs. i only discovered this after contacting support when i noticed my neighbor friend was showing as doing everything and received approval by SDG&E. there is no line item or anything showing us that our referrals have that conflict. My neighbor thought he was just waiting on SDG&E - thats a huge problem. Ive already been bugging him way too much and now im at a loss after giving him the info about how to disenrolled as I feel I have pushed too much. Support referred me to have him check his tune-up page. This is a problem b/c 1: not everyone is logging into site and looking around for issues, esp when they are new to program, and 2. because this is making me step in again. What about referrals who arent my personal friends? - there is no email to generate for disenrolling in the other program. And I have to just assume thats the issue based on the spreadsheet saying, connected, approved, and shows zero points earned and they are stuck at carbon. like this,

so i assume the other person has the same problem, but I dont know that other person to feel comfortable asking.

When I first joined i was participating then my payout was frozen until I disenrolled. I did, nothing happened and I had to contact support about it. So now I dont know if my neighbor DID disenroll and nothing will happen to he would contact...which he never will. There is only so much I can do, or should do, on behalf of other members.

It would be nice if there was a way to know on my end what the remaining issues are. It would be nice to have alerts when each issue is resolved. Or some more apparent instruction BEFORE signing up to disenroll in the other program first - like on the signup page listing requirements (im not sure if any of this is already in place). It seems if you join while still in the other programs it causes a lot of issues and lost time.

All I know if my friend had no idea there was an issue until I stepped in, and that kinda sucks.

I know for a fact my brother who just moved into an apt cannot connect to SCE because his account is brand new - on my end it looks like he just hasnt connected yet. So I dont know how many carbon level people have that issue and I dont want to keep hitting the "remind" button to seem like the program is spamming them and push them away. Its hard to know why so many are stuck at carbon

@Heather R. Weather I feel your frustration. I asked OC before about being able to see or be notified what steps my referrals need to take in order to complete the sign-up process, but I was informed that due to privacy issues, they can't share that info, which is under stable. But you're right, would probably help if people signing up were informed upfront they needed to disenroll from a competing program. I think it might be noted somewhere, but I don't recall where.
  • karotte18karotte18 Member Posts: 4

I've had referrals take 3 weeks to reach silver - referral madness card had expired and I did not receive the bonus points. I did contact OC about this, given that the referral signed up and submitted their info to the utility company during the 2 week period. I have no control over how long the utility requires to approve the new account!

@karotte18 said:
    I've had referrals take 3 weeks to reach silver - referral madness card had expired and I did not receive the bonus points. I did contact OC about this, given that the referral signed up and submitted their info to the utility company during the 2 week period. I have no control over how long the utility requires to approve the new account!

I've been wondering that! For some of the utility companies its impossible to make it within 2 weeks. I was just told by a friend who signed up with PGE that she got an email saying its going to take a while.

So for it to be automatic double referral points they would have to sign up and be approved all within 2 weeks...or could they have signed up before the card was active and got approved after starting the card and quality? its all been really unclear. I just keep re-buying the card since its really the only option now (they should just remove the baseline boost instead of a totally unattainable amount...)

edited July 2017

Also, I keep getting canned responses from support telling me I can only know what I know on my dashboard for status... which is absolutely nothing. I know from personal inquires where some people are at - and the status levels make no sense. For instance, most of mine are still carbon. I was told that all a person needs to do to be carbon is signup and provide a zip code. Well, I know someone who has signed up, connected utility, and been approved and is carbon simply because of conflicting energy program. Should that person be bronze or something instead? Dont tell me to refer to my dashboard if it doesnt make any sense. With the canned response I am being told all my carbons have done nothing but sign up and provide a zip code.

I also know at least one person who CANT connect due to having a brand new account just moving into an apt. Carbon too. There are a ton of reasons for people to not complete the process and the status levels dont indicate. So Im left knowing that 90% of my referrals will never amount to anything and I can't do anything about it because of privacy and new users not understanding things.

• karotte18karotte18 Member Posts: 4
    @Heather R. Weather - ageed, the referral madness card seems pointless if utilities can take 2+ week to connect referrals and you have zero control over that. Really OC should count anyone that signed up within the two week period AND ultimately reaches silver status after signing up. In my experience, maybe 1 of 4 referrals provided their utility information and half of those actually turned silver. Who knows what's going on with the other. Have you looked at the Excel file with your referrals -it does provide slightly more information about the process.
  • katcorona13katcorona13 Member Posts: 1
    Only 4 but 16 still have 2 complet set up
  • Kimberly McDermottKimberly McDermott Member Posts: 82
    Is there a cap on the number of referrals I've been stuck at 375 for what seems like an eternity (ok since the 30th) and one of my personal friends signed up with my link and didn't end up under me...plus I've experienced all the same frustration mentioned above
    @Kimberly McDermott you have 375 people who have signed up with their utility info meaning with at least $20 per referral, you've made over $7,500 in just referral bonuses?!?! How did you get so many people to sign up and connect their utility?!?!

It sounds you have this referral thing figured out; whereas, the rest of us are struggling to get our moms, dads & best friends to join ;)

As far as I know, there isn't a cap, but I could be mistaken.
  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoMember, Moderator Posts: 1,625
    edited August 2017

@Kimberly McDermott said:
    Is there a cap on the number of referrals I've been stuck at 375 for what seems like an eternity (ok since the 30th) and one of my personal friends signed up with my link and didn't end up under me...plus I've experienced all the same frustration mentioned above

375 is totally crazy! I cannot get past TWO

@AKPsi Vince No I've had 375 sign up or click thru to set up an Ohm Account...But I did have 61 complete the ENTIRE process in July alone ($2440) so Yes when it just completely stops I get curious to as why...I do have to send reminders out, etc...But to not have even one new person click through on my link and join ohm (whether they reach silver or not) seems extremely strange especially after the July I had...I might be inclined to think I was loosing my touch...but I know 100% that my personal friend clicked my link, saw my picture and signed up but was not connected to me...so I'm wondering if this is currently occurring with my link as I haven't had a single person add in a week...

Something seems off with your friend clicking your referral link, but not being connected to you. Please contact OC directly by email or chat, so they can look at both of your accounts to figure out what's going on.

Happy to report Matt is looking into the issue where my friend did not link correctly...and I'm finally adding new referrals again...Not like July but at least I'm adding again...Hope everyone has a Great August

@Kimberly McDermott Great to hear. Thanks for reporting back.
  • valarieavalariea Member Posts: 2
    I have a list of several referrals that haven't reached silver status, and a list of unfinished activation with 140000 pending points. Are they the same as the ones on my referral list or different people. I'm new to OMH
    edited January 2018
    @valariea I believe they're the same...I've noticed that ohm emails us every couple of days if new people sign up with are link and haven't yet finished. .so that we can add a personal touch to the reminders we send out as not everyone remembers to send out reminders when there in their account / dashboard. ..and i feel ya on the waiting for the people ro finish. ..my email this morning ahowed i could get 776000 if they al completed setup
  • No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Member Posts: 404

@Kimberly McDermott Wow! That's a lot of possible points! How did you get those people to that point? I only have 7 on my list. 3 carbon, 3 silver and one has never moved past bronze... so close... sigh... I stopped sending reminders with personal notes after a few tries.

@No Pain No Gain I continue to send reminders until they opt out or hit silver lol took one 71 reminders lol shes still stuck at bronze but trying to get things fixed with her utility but now loves ohm since the extra 300 she's made paid for kids school supplies. ..But I've been a member since april 2016 and have always shared my link on my personal page but it's really a hit an a miss last year I begged and pleaded with people when we both got $40 and nope only 1 taker now this summer everyone wants to join. .it does help that I'm on streak 44 so my ohm earnings are good too so when I share that more people want ro join...to date I've had about 83 reach silver 11 more show good but are still in competiting demand groups. ..and I have another 43 pending approval and 200 the i send out reninders too...I also share my link in my buy and sell groups
    @Kimberly McDermott 2 Questions:

1) Are you a blogger or have another social media presence with a big following?

2) Lose any friends or have any of the people you invited gotten really upset from all of the reminders you send them?

@AKPsi Vince not a blogger and no real following...Im just persistent in sharing my link and my success and love of the program...and Ive only had one gal mention something every time she gets a reminder and that's because she wishes she could get her account linked up correctly ...but out of my 396 I have 24 that have opted out of emails...some before I've ever had a chance to send them a reminder to let them know that they have forgotten to submit their utility enrollment form and a couple after they realize they are not eligible for to cash out their ohm hour credits and have decided not to participate. But honestly I've only had I think 3 people even call B.S. on my posts in some of the groups I share in which is there loss because I dont think $3600 is B.S...I do think I have been quietly removed from two groups though but im in so many It's kinda of a blessing...but otherwise everything has been truly a great experience

@Kimberly McDermott That cracked me up. I don't have a clue who the people are on my list, so I'm following your lead and sending reminders until they opt out! LOL Thanks!!!

@No Pain No Gain I'm glad I could brighten your day...and trust me...I enjoy reminding her every chance I get that it took her 71 times before she believed that ohm could be a legit program and help her family. .now I'm just patiently, impatiently waiting for her to hit Silver so I can get my referral points lol...also besides reminding your 7 people..click invite while you're logged into ohm and share your link to facebook...I have one gal who admittedly posted she had no clue what she was doing but was sincerely pleased with the $2.96 she had made so I gave her a tip or two and I was tickled to see her post this morning that she's made $63.96 in 3 days...lol so yes sometimes it's the simple things that make us smile...and I'm sure you have Facebook friends so when you post you just have to explain it to them and cross you're fingers lol

@Kimberly McDermott I share my link every now and then on FB and Twitter, especially when I cash out. One time it posted how much I was transferring to PayPal, but the other times it was just the link. It's more likely to attract interest if there's a verified $ amount. Not sure why it only did that once. I also share my link on Nextdoor, if you have that. That's where I learned about OC and signed up using someone's link. Thanks again for the info and giggles!

@No Pain No Gain thanks for the tip...I never thought of trying there...also you can take a screen shot when you cash out
    @Kimberly McDermott It's great to hear that someone (who isn't a blogger), has had success with getting others to join. And it's good to hear you're having a great experience!

Now a lot of people are able to save a good percentage of their energy pretty consistently (Platinum Levelers, 50+ OhmHour streaks, 200%+ bonuses, $100+ for a single OhmHour! IT'S HAPPENNING!!! =) Just ask @UkiwiS), BUT from moderating the forums for awhile, it seems like the biggest challenge that users have is referring other people. So I have a few questions that I hope you'll answer to help the rest of the community spread the word about OC, get more people to join and grow the community, and ultimately, earn more referral incentives.

Questions:
    -Are the people you invite actual friends (or other people you know like family & co-workers) or just random people that are part of the many groups you're a part of and have posted your link in?
    -Do you know where the majority of your referrals are coming from? i.e. Twitter, Facebook, NextDoor, etc.
    -Do you personalize the canned message that OC creates for you to post? If so, how?
    -Anyone ask for some kind of proof (it's not a scam)? If so, what was it? What kind of proof did you actually provide? And did the user(s) end up joining OC?
    -Do you have an OC team that you invite your referrals to join as well? If so, is it an earning or donating team?
    -Why are some people not eligible to cash out their points?
    -And how do you know if someone opted out of receiving reminders? Does OC automatically prevent you from being able to send these people additional reminders.

Thanks for your sharing any additional advice you have and contributing to the community!