Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Known Issue: Referrals not showing up

Kate from OhmConnectKate from OhmConnect Posts: 1,002Administrator

Hi All:
We're aware that Referrals are currently not showing up in the CSV or referral widget. Thank you for all of your reports. We're working on this issue and will keep you updated.

Tagged:

Comments

• danigirl0187danigirl0187 Posts: 1Member
    Has this been resolved
  • Leahguillen1_2Leahguillen1_2 Madera CaPosts: 12Member
    ;) hi
  • Is this the same issue as not getting credit for my referral, which I have not. I've been waiting since September and the account was finally approved last week, however I've yet to receive any credit for the referral. Please advise..Thanks for your time and effort in this matter
  • Kate from OhmConnectKate from OhmConnect Posts: 1,002Administrator

@athena1550@gmail.com Hmmm I don't think this is the same issue. Please write in directly and I can look into this. The best thing to check is the new referral dashboard we just launched! This will show you the status your referrals have achieved. Keep in mind we only issue points for users that reach Silver or higher!

• Reema Reema Posts: 2Member

I haven't gotten points for the friend I referred to this program either. Her account has been approved and she has been receiving ohmconnect msgs like I do. Any help would be appreciated.. Thank you

• I referraled 4 people and didn't get anything

Hey @Reema and @'Demetriuscrews12@outlook.com' this would be best to handle privately. Please email me!

• Andy MattsAndy Matts Posts: 1Member
    edited March 28
    (Note this is not written in the spirit of complaining but in raising awareness. Feel free to move comment to a more appropriate thread, thanks.) I didn't get my referral either but it doesn't matter as my grandma will never be able to level past bronze even though she passed the platinum qualification already. Doesn't this policy need to change? It's cool she can contribute to the environment but how many extremely busy people would use these services for only that benefit? Especially when she keeps making 4-25 cents per ohm hour and then loses $1 every time she goes over. There is almost no incentive and convincing people to try this out is hard enough even when you tell them they can get $75 free and get you $75 as well. I put hours into helping my grandma and I work 60 hours a week at times. She could never use this program on her own.
    Edit: I guess it's silver she is stuck on huh, can't get the promotion for saving 1 ohmhour because she has never had a projection of more than an ohmhour. Unless she gets solar, but who knows if that would even qualify her.
  • TaraTara Posts: 1Member
    My friend signed up and i havent seen anything go through for the referral whats going on
  • AKPsi VinceAKPsi Vince Union CityPosts: 944Moderator
    How long ago? And did they connect their utility (PGE, SCE or SDGE)? Mind you it can sometimes take up to a month for your friend's utility to approve.
  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 584Member, Moderator

I have referred 2 people. The dates were 2/26 and 2/27. Both show on my dashboard and the first reached Gold on 4/1 and I received the referral points. The later one is still showing as Bronze although I know he submitted his SDG&E documentation a day after I referred him. I think it takes a few weeks for the info to get from SDG&E to OhmConnect or perhaps OC just takes a while to process it.

My understanding is that the delay is more often with a user's utility rather than OC.

@UkiwiS points aren't issued until OhmConnect has received the necessary paperwork (Rule 24/32) that allows us to enroll users with CAISO and get paid. SDGE has been slow recently, so that's probably the issue for your friend.

• kyrahuerta@msn.comkyrahuerta@msn.com Posts: 1Member
    I also havent received credit for my referral it says they need to activate the account but the account is active and I received emails on how well my referral is doing.
  • Jordan BrandJordan Brand Posts: 1Member

I also haven't received credit for a referral of mine. same issue with the activation.

• cyberrbluecyberrblue Humboldt County, CaliforniaPosts: 6Member

My friend used my referral link to sign up, she's been signed up for months now and it's not showing on my referral dashboard at all. Is there any update on this issue?

• Larry MartinLarry Martin Posts: 2Member

Like others above. My daughter signed up and gets alerts for ohmhours but her staus still shows she needs to activate.

• Any update on this? My friend used my link awhile back and still haven't received the credit for it
  • Misti PattenMisti Patten Posts: 16Member

I'm one short for the thermostat. Refs not showing up, still showing carbon when SCE has approved....I guess I should give up trying :(

• Amber LambAmber Lamb Kern CountyPosts: 27Member
    edited September 1

My referrals ARE showing up, but one is listed in the widget as bronze but the CSV states that the utility has been approved (over ten days ago now). So unsure if this is the same issue?

• SummerSummer Posts: 102Member
    Im still having that issue. I post everywhere and no new ones are showing i think something is wrong. Still have few thousand points pending for like 6 months at least one had to of connected by now. Hope the can narrow it down. Maybe we can only get so many?
  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 584Member, Moderator
    As others have noted there's an issue here!

@Claudia can you please get someone onto this? Very hard for people to buy the double referral card when the basic system isn't working as it should

Personally I have managed to get a pityful amount of referrals (4 in total) and all of them show on the dashboard as Silver or higher!. The CSV file shows one has been silver since 8/9. The CSV file also shows no points have been added for that referral. A more recent referral is showing correctly, go figure, with points awarded. Both are SDG&E.
  • No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Posts: 79Member
    edited September 4

Looking at my CSV: One referral utility was approved on 8/22 and still shows Carbon. Another had utility form submitted 8/28, 2000 points awarded 8/29, and utility form approved on 8/31. Something is definitely wrong with OC's tracking system. Edit:
    Email sent to OC Support asking if the approved Carbon referral will count toward the Labor Day competition.

• Same issue here. One says utility approved, the other 3 shows utility application submitted, but nothing happens. Used their live chat, but no response yet.

• No Pain No GainNo Pain No Gain 93035Posts: 79Member

@q110h12@gmail.com If the utility application has been submitted, then OC is waiting to hear back from the utility company as to whether they've been able to hook OC up for 3rd party data sharing. That's the utility company slowing the process down, not OC.

Saaaaaammme thing...like less than a quarter of my referrals moving past carbon, despite seeing utility emails. Users being TRUE in all fields but still bronze :( I'm spending a lot of time posting my referral link because I need the money....not cuz I just enjoy spamming people

@Misti Patten Unfortunately, this is not a get rich quick scheme where you can count on making a bunch of money because you have a lot of friends you can refer. OC touts that users will earn $100 - $300 per year on average, which it totally attainable. But I think it's rare that users will make a lot more than that, so hopefully, you're not counting on it to pay for a significant part of your rent or car payment.

It's more likely to pay for a Happy Meal at McDonald's or an ice cream sundae at Baskin Robbins, which are both awesome things to get for your energy savings! Yum! =)
  • ClaudiaClaudia San FranciscoPosts: 27Administrator

hello, we addressed a number of these last week but it definitely looks like there are still some breaks in referral logic that haven't been resolved.

to get each one individually addressed as quickly as possible, please go ahead and open a support ticket and include the following information for each missing referral: their email address and a screenshot from them that they are in the silver status. sometimes people say they are done but haven't completed all steps. if they aren't showing up in your referral list at all, please mention that too. Keep in mind that they won't show up on your side until they at least make carbon and only if they used your referral link.

• I agree that it is a bit frustrating when you can see the utility enrollment forms have been submitted but no approvals yet ( I was told that SCE is starting to approve in batches or at least send their approvals to OC in groups) which is a strong possibility since last month after waiting for what seemed like forever I had a group of over 20 all reach silver the same nite...also its hard to wrap my head around seeing all TRUE's including the utility enrollment form showing approved yet my referrals still stuck at less than silver...but I'm thinking OC just doesn't have another column for referral in a a competing program well they probably do but it would be a privacy issue sharing that with us...so I just send over my list of questions when it gets substantial and trust the oc will check and see if there are any glitches...I wouldn't want them to violate the referrals privacy...and I am still extremely blessed to have found this program even with the occasional headache...

Sorry guys but does open a support ticket mean a chat thing (which I did last week and is showing not seen)? Or is there another way? Still kinda new here so unsure on a lot of things :/