Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Can't opt out with new format 1/22

I don't see an option to opt out now with the new formatting. It only gives the options to click items of what you'll do to save energy, i.e. turn lights off, hit the gym.

Comments

• I'm in the same boat, no way to opt out with new format.

• CeeWangCeeWang Posts: 2Member

same here....

• sandersander Posts: 2Member
    Same here. My power has been out for 30 hours and I'll need to have fridge and freezer on for the OhmHour, assuming my power is back on by then. Need to opt out.
  • curtcurt Posts: 46Administrator

Hi there - could you forward the #OhmHour email you received to [email protected]? Will investigate this.

• tworekfamily1tworekfamily1 Posts: 1Member

I have the same problem. No way to opt out. Just asks how you saved energy.

• Heather R. WeatherHeather R. Weather Posts: 125Member
    edited January 2017

Likewise... I have seen it for a mere second before its overwritten with "how are you planning to save." Personally, I feel you should be clicking to OPT IN instead of opt out. Once time I didn't confirm or deny and a lost -150 pts. It doesnt seem to fair to be included by default then penalized. Now I can't even proactively opt out and Im estimated to use 0.17 kWh. Seriously? I'm not going to be happy if I lose a ton of points again. FIx this.

• princessjenprincessjen Posts: 4Member
    Same issue here. I need to opt out this morning and can't find the option to do so. Definitely won't be happy about losing my hard earned points. Please fix ASAP.
  • chandra1chandra1 Posts: 1Member
    It's snowing and i have 4 kids in the house, im not turning off my heat so i guess im going to loose points since im not able to opt out. Annoying
  • Heather R. WeatherHeather R. Weather Posts: 125Member

if any of us lose points there is proof here we tried to opt out so im sure it will be fine and reversed. I emailed about it.

• Was unable to Opt Out, as there was no option. What happened to the option to Opt Out?

• The Little Ohmer TwinsThe Little Ohmer Twins Union CityPosts: 1,014Moderator
    There was a bug. It should have been fixed. OC made an announcement that no one will receive penalties for going over their forecast due to not opting out.

But if you encounter this issue again, please contact OC support right away using their email and chat features to report the ongoing problem.
  • princessjenprincessjen Posts: 4Member
    I got an email last night about this very ohm hour and how I lost 141 point because I went over my usage forecast. This was the ohm hour we had no way of opting out of. Will my points be restored?
    Good question! Sorry to hear that happened and I wouldn't be surprised if that happened to others. As far as I know, you should have not incurred any negative points, so I'm assuming they couldn't get a fix together in time and will give you your points back once they do.

@Kate from OhmConnect Can you please provide an update on how this issue is being addressed and why some users had points taken away for the event no one could opt-out of and you explicitly stated that no one would lose points?
  • Kate from OhmConnectKate from OhmConnect Posts: 1,049Administrator

Sure! We are only aware of one day- the event on 1/22- for which Silver+ users could not opt out. No negative points should have been issued for this day. I have currently filed an issued based on reports from some users that they were issued negative points. I will have an update for you this week, if all goes according to plan!

• I didn't opt in (confirm my participation) for the last 3 Ohm hours, but my profile has me as participating (& I've lost points). How did that happen? And will I lose points for today's Ohm hour? I didn't confirm participation but it looks like it says I'm participating today.

@[email protected].com by default, all users are opted into all OhmHours and will participate unless they click on the link in their email or text alert that takes them to a page with the opt-out button.

Was that not clear in the email / text you got? If not, what do you think would make it more clear and transparent?

@Kate from OhmConnect it looks like users are still confused about whether the notifications are to opt out or into OHs. Has your team thought about how to clear that up? This has been an issue for quite awhile, so hopefully OC has something in the works.
  • @That Son Of A Bitz , no it was not clear in the email. The email link says "Confirm your participation". That makes it sound like you should click on the link if you want to participate. If the default is opt in, then the language should be changed to something along the lines of "Opt Out" for the link. Perhaps add a line in the email telling people they're automatically opted in.

So now I've lost a bunch of points because the language wasn't clear & there was no email sent out stating that the opt in policy was changed.

• Kate from OhmConnectKate from OhmConnect Posts: 1,049Administrator

@[email protected].com Thanks for your feedback here. I've passed this on to the product team to let them know.

• gfamm1@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 5Member
    edited February 2017

@Kate from OhmConnect I'm trying to opt out of Monday's (Feb 6th) Ohm Hour but it keeps telling me "The #Ohm Hour is over. There will be another one soon.". It's Sunday evening (Feb 5th). I don't want to lose more points, so hopefully someone can fix the issue.