Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

How do I participate an #OhmHour as a Bronze user?

We've opened up #OhmHours for everyone! The demand for these times to literally "unplug" has been overwhelming. Now, all you need is a zip code and an email address.

Since we don't have your meter data, we can't pay you, but you can earn prizes.

To participate, respond to your email/text/app alert and Let Us Know How You're Saving. Check off the activities you're doing (or let us know) and then click "I'm saving." If you don't your participate won't count and you won't earn the chance at a spin. Good news: no negative points are issued for Bronze #OhmHours, so if you can't make it, that's fine!

Comments

• Im fine with the new program however it is rather upsetting that because it wasnt known why my points werent working I basically just lost those points. I cant even see if I did a good job or not...if i cant see how well im doing, whats the point?
  • That Son Of A BitzThat Son Of A Bitz Union CityPosts: 715
    @wejustjazzy@gmail.com what level are you? Which utility do you have? And is it connected to OC and have you been approved by your utility? Or do you have a utility that isn't SCE, PGE or SDGE?

Also, what was the problem you were having with your points?
  • Son, you've actually responded to me before on another post. I'm SCE and my points weren't being updated for over a month. I am on the bronze level but I believe before I was on gold. I look at what it takes to move back up but I don't see what I really need to do and now I don't know how much i'm saving because I can't see it. I only see how many participated. Outside of shutting my power off at the switch I can't tell if i'm saving anything now. smh

• @wejustjazzy@gmail.com let's keep things friendly here please...I can sense your frustration and for that I'm sorry.

If you're in Bronze, this means that you either have an ineligible utility, a competing program, or we don't have meter data. The Tune-Up Page should tell you what action you need to take.

Since this is specific to your account, let's take this offline. Feel free to reach out to me from the Support link.

• Leahguillen1_2Leahguillen1_2 Madera CaPosts: 12
    edited February 3
    How do you participate in ohm hours
  • @Leahperez1 as a Bronze user, let us know how you're saving when you get the alert! Then, do everything you can to reduce your energy usage!

• Its working!!! Thank you so much Son!

• We just added a new thermostat. But we normally turn everything off and play board games
  • 1'st timer here.. not quite sure if I'm doing this correctly, so any tips are greatly appreciated!
    I "think" I am bronze, but not positive!
    I am saving by turning all my power strips off.
  • How long will it take to get my points for signing up?
    It depends. Did you already complete the application (aka CISR) and get approval from your utility to participate?
  • What is the CISR
    Customer Information Service Request
  • How do I do it
    Actually, what level are you and who is your electric provider? Silver - you're good and it's just a matter of time to get points. Bronze - there is still some additional action you or your utility need to take for you to get to silver and start collecting points.

No one gets points when at the carbon or bronze level. Need to be at silver or higher i.e. Gold or Platinum
  • If I have SDGE and they already approved me, How do I get to Silver?

It looks like you've done all of the things to get to Silver. How long ago did you get confirmation that SG&E approved you? You should see your level go from bronze to silver shortly. If not, please contact OC support directly and then come back to the forums and share what you learned if you think it will help others who may be in the same situation.

• Hey @darlenediep - just responded to you on a separate thread.

• Amber JAmber J Posts: 1

This whole new program is confusing and doesn't seem like it's worth it.

• @Amber J - that's a really disappointing thing to hear. Can you elaborate?

• WaterGuyWaterGuy Posts: 57

@Kate from OhmConnect I've sent you a few messages (Saturday and yesterday) regarding a possible bug with the Spins feature and some questions about incentives for Bronze users--I'd love to get your help resolving those, if possible!

• Thanks @WaterGuy - got this and looking into it

• How do I get spins?
  • @Sarah Nguyen said:
    How do I get spins?

If you are a Bronze users, you can get spins by participating in #OhmHours. When you get your alert, tell us how you're saving! You can also get spins if you have devices connected!

• WaterGuyWaterGuy Posts: 57

@Kate from OhmConnect said:
    Thanks @WaterGuy - got this and looking into it

@Kate from OhmConnect Any news on this? I just sent you another message.

• I got an email saying if I have a referral that is bronze level then I would get a spin the wheel also? Is this right? @Kate from OhmConnect
    New news to me. But it makes sense to give someone who participates in the bronze program some kind of incentive for referring others. Did you happen to refer someone who is not a customer of PGE, SDGE or SCE?

Nonetheless @jasmine winch, I thought you were in the standard pay for savings program, so I'm not sure why you're getting an email about spins. And even if someone who is in the bronze program and can't get paid for energy savings, I thought they would get a referral incentive if their referral had PGE, SDGE & SCE and connected their utility account to their OC account.

But I'm not clear if users in either program can get spins AND points/cash based on who they refer.

@Kate from OhmConnect?
  • SummerSummer Posts: 82
    I got a spin today
  • Hi. I got 2 text messages the days after I started and then they stopped. The first we didn't respond to as we didn't know it was a timed thing. And my husband for the second night forgot to respond. And now nothing for 3 or 4 nights. Any ideas???? We are carbon level does that matter?
  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 120

@knittingnurse@live.com said:
    Hi. I got 2 text messages the days after I started and then they stopped. The first we didn't respond to as we didn't know it was a timed thing. And my husband for the second night forgot to respond. And now nothing for 3 or 4 nights. Any ideas???? We are carbon level does that matter?

You won't get events every day and they depend on where you are located. I'm in downtown San Diego and have been getting 1 or 2 a week lately. My last 3 were on the following dates 3/13, 3/8 and 3/2 so those were 5 and 6 days apart.