Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

How do I find out my forecast usage?

I've been having trouble saving energy because I'm not sure what my forecasted usage is. My texts for Ohm Hours never include a forecast and neither do my emails. In fact, I'm not even sure there is an email option to get notifications for my forecast. I would really appreciate help with this issue.

Answers

• AKPsi VinceAKPsi Vince Union CityPosts: 863Moderator
    Who's your utility provider? And is it connected to your OC account?

If you don't have PGE, SCE or SDGE, OC is not able to get your electric usage data in order to calculate your forecast. Even if it is, users with SCE may not be getting a forecast either because it looks like SCE has been slow to provide OC with their customers' data.
  • BubblyBubbly Posts: 3Member

I have PGE and it is connected to my OC account.

What level are you? Bronze or silver?
  • BubblyBubbly Posts: 3Member

I was platinum but went back down to gold.

Please contact OC support directly thru their chat and email feature because issues with your forecast not being included in your email maybe account specific. Other than a Grandma thinking she wasn't getting her forecast (she was getting it all along, but apparently she overlooked it because she wasn't wearing her glasses to read the email), no one else has expressed having this issue.

And at this point, forecasts are NOT included in texts.
  • Kate from OhmConnectKate from OhmConnect Posts: 1,018Administrator

@Bubbly If you don't keep up saving in 9/10 of your latest #OhmHours, you will drop down to Gold!

• @That Son Of A Bitz said:

If you don't have PGE, SCE or SDGE, OC is not able to get your electric usage data in order to calculate your forecast. Even if it is, users with SCE may not be getting a forecast either because it looks like SCE has been slow to provide OC with their customers' data.

PGE, SCE or SDGE? Isn't that like ALL of California? Who would be getting it then?

• WaterGuyWaterGuy Posts: 291Member, Moderator
    edited June 28

@mono_motorsports@yahoo.com said:

@That Son Of A Bitz said:

PGE, SCE or SDGE? Isn't that like ALL of California? Who would be getting it then?

I think you may have read @That Son Of A Bitz's comment incorrectly. Californians who have accounts with those utilities can connect them to OhmConnect and generally get their estimated forecast prior to an event, but folks who don't can't. Also, there are definitely other utilities in California, and folks who are part of CCAs.

For instance, the cities of Alameda & Palo Alto are municipalities, which means they buy electricity for you and transport it from the source to your house thru wires they own and are responsible for maintaining. In other instances, a 3rd party buys electricity for you, but it's still transported thru wires owned and maintained by PG&E - this is what's referred to as Community Choice Aggregation (CCA). Thus, in order for OC to get data from municipalities and CCA's, they need to have contracts and agreements with each one.

This is why not every Californian has PG&E, SCE & SDG&E.
  • cilla89@ymail.comcilla89@ymail.com Posts: 2Member
    Is the forecasted use only during the ohm hour or all day?
  • UkiwiSUkiwiS San DiegoPosts: 343Member, Moderator

@cilla89@ymail.com said:
    Is the forecasted use only during the ohm hour or all day?

Forecast is for the Hour only. It's made up of the average of the previous 10 weekdays or previous 4 weekend days. Any day that had a previous OhmHour is excluded from the calculation

• cilla89@ymail.comcilla89@ymail.com Posts: 2Member
    @UkiwiS Gotcha! Thank you, wasnt sure so I been unplugging pretty much anything & everything just in case.