Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Bronze #OhmHours have now been released! Anyone who has a status of Bronze must TELL US HOW YOU'RE SAVING in order for a chance to win prizes. You won't earn or lose points, but you've got to respond to your alerts! Read more in the post.

Introducing Streaks!

Kate from OhmConnectKate from OhmConnect Posts: 807Administrator

Those of you who've logged in to see your Dashboard recently may have noticed a new widget: Streaks! With Streaks, we're helping you keep track of how many #OhmHours in a row in which you've successfully reduced. You'll notice that the longer your streak, the larger the bonus we'll apply to your next #OhmHour points.

A Few Things to Keep in Mind
* If you OPT OUT of an #OhmHour, you will break your streak
* If you get 0 points or negative points, you will break your streak

In order to offer this incentive to all users, we've eliminated the grace threshold for users who went over their forecast by .2kWh. Previously, we didn't issue negative points for users who were just barely over. Now, with Streaks available for al users, you may see negative points if you go over your forecast at any amount.

Comments

• Steve ReedSteve Reed Posts: 26Member

Cool. I'm up to 25% bonus point now.

I'm not sure how long that will continue, since with solar I may have to opt out for daytime ohmhours on cloudy days, but so far I like the new system.

• Kate from OhmConnectKate from OhmConnect Posts: 807Administrator

That's great @Steve Reed! It is harder for solar users. I was just chatting with @Qwantom Mekanic about this.

• JoeyJoey Posts: 8Member

@Kate from OhmConnect How/when are streak bonuses applied? According to my dashboard/ points download file I haven't received any bonus, even though I'm on streak 3.

• SummerSummer Posts: 56Member
    Same
  • 2uskiwis@gmail.com2uskiwis@gmail.com San DiegoPosts: 23Member

Same here.

• Amber LambAmber Lamb Kern CountyPosts: 11Member
    edited February 17

It seems they only started counting when the rolled the new program out (that is how it seems for me at least). I think it is a great idea/incentive.

edited February 17

I just leveled up from Gold to Platinum last night...woohoo.

I have not received the $50 Bonus for achieving the Platinum level.

The dashboard says I'm at 5 #OhmHours in a row with a personal record of 7 in a row. A quick check shows I'm currently at NINE....why is there a disconnect here? I've also been showing a percentage bonus for the last few but points download shows zeroes in the "Streak Bonus" column. My last 4 should have received a 5, 10, 15 and finally 20% bonus, even based on the incorrect figures. They should be higher if my streak is even longer...why are they zero?

• KarenEKarenE Posts: 24Member

@2uskiwis@gmail.com said:
    I just leveled up from Gold to Platinum last night...woohoo.

I have not received the $50 Bonus for achieving the Platinum level.

The dashboard says I'm at 5 #OhmHours in a row with a personal record of 7 in a row. A quick check shows I'm currently at NINE....why is there a disconnect here? I've also been showing a percentage bonus for the last few but points download shows zeroes in the "Streak Bonus" column. My last 4 should have received a 5, 10, 15 and finally 20% bonus, even based on the incorrect figures. They should be higher if my streak is even longer...why are they zero?

I think I got my platinum award within a couple of days of the goal being achieved‚ so I would imagine it will happen very shortly for you as well.

The streaks are a new feature and were rolled out from what I understand at different times to different people. Your own streak is the one that is shown on the dashboard currently‚ it started from when the feature was rolled out for you and it does not include events prior to that (so that is why it does not show 9 - we are over 10 consecutive qualifying OhmHours and the feature was only rolled out to us around a week or so ago so our current streak is 3).

I believe there is a current issue regarding the awarding of bonus points that they are aware of and working on.

Karen, thanks for the info. I wondered if the info on the streak was due to it being a recent introduction. If you are correct, then my "personal record" should not be 7, right? Perhaps that has different rules again.

• KarenEKarenE Posts: 24Member

@2uskiwis@gmail.com said:
    Karen, thanks for the info. I wondered if the info on the streak was due to it being a recent introduction. If you are correct, then my "personal record" should not be 7, right? Perhaps that has different rules again.

I started with a personal record of 3 - I think you can pretty much disregard whatever the initial value for that is. From what I understand it has no real bearing on anything. Once your current streak ends you revert back to 0 on your current streak and start over again earning incremental 5% bonuses for each hour in the streak‚ the personal record is really just a benchmark or target for you to try and beat and it doesn't affect your new streak (as in your new streak doesn't start until you match that or anything like that)

@KarenE - if you break your streak, it will set back to 0, that's correct.

Remember, for those of you that just received this new feature on Friday, it started at 0!

@Amber Lamb said:
    It seems they only started counting when the rolled the new program out (that is how it seems for me at least). I think it is a great idea/incentive.

Thanks Amber! Internally we have a fierce competition!

edited February 17

@Joey said:
    @Kate from OhmConnect How/when are streak bonuses applied? According to my dashboard/ points download file I haven't received any bonus, even though I'm on streak 3.

Hey @Summer et al- There is a known issue where these showing 0 on the CSV and this is a high-priority item for us to fix! Points are being issued, it's just not showing as such!

• SummerSummer Posts: 56Member
    Okay thanks kate
  • I like the idea of STREAKS. What a great incentive. I'm really enjoying saving our planet through Ohmhours (even with the little quirks of being a new thing). We have to start somewhere folks. This planet won't save itself-we have to help it. ;-)